Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RAM Controls  (Read 205144 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: RAM Controls
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »
Giving someone money when that someone owes money to the community is douchy IMHO.  Nothing personal,  but I'm glad the transaction didn't happen.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2011, 04:36:20 pm »

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2011, 10:03:50 pm »
Again... a duck is a duck and I call it like I see it.  To expect anything different of me is asinine.  I may not be "PC" or exhibit much "tact" at times... but I'm honest,  straight forward,  and you know where I stand without question.

>QUACK<

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2011, 08:41:29 am »
Again... a duck is a duck and I call it like I see it.  To expect anything different of me is asinine.  I may not be "PC" or exhibit much "tact" at times... but I'm honest,  straight forward,  and you know where I stand without question.

>QUACK<

All I was saying is you accidentally added an H to IMO. H stands for humble and being humble isn't exactly one of your strong points. Slight jab, nothing more.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:02 am »
Again... a duck is a duck and I call it like I see it.  To expect anything different of me is asinine.  I may not be "PC" or exhibit much "tact" at times... but I'm honest,  straight forward,  and you know where I stand without question.

>QUACK<

All I was saying is you accidentally added an H to IMO. H stands for humble and being humble isn't exactly one of your strong points. Slight jab, nothing more.

I know what you meant Lew.   ...and I suppose that I'd have to agree when it comes to this particular issue.  My opinion on the matter really isn't a humble/respectful opinion... it's honestl.  When honesty and respectfulness cross one another I take the honest path.  Do you consider that a fault?

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:46 am »

In My Honest Opinion works just as well.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

>QUACK<

I know what you meant Lew.   ...and I suppose that I'd have to agree when it comes to this particular issue.  My opinion on the matter really isn't a humble/respectful opinion... it's honestl.  When honesty and respectfulness cross one another I take the honest path.  Do you consider that a fault?

In this case, I don't think it's an either/or decision.

I see no benefit in discussing this point. You have my respect on most issues, but with this particular issue you are conducting yourself in a manner that I do not think is constructive.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2011, 11:41:58 am »

In My Honest Opinion works just as well.

Hey... YEAH IT DOES!  So IMHO this derailment is moot!

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2011, 11:42:58 am »

>QUACK<

I know what you meant Lew.   ...and I suppose that I'd have to agree when it comes to this particular issue.  My opinion on the matter really isn't a humble/respectful opinion... it's honestl.  When honesty and respectfulness cross one another I take the honest path.  Do you consider that a fault?

In this case, I don't think it's an either/or decision.

I see no benefit in discussing this point. You have my respect on most issues, but with this particular issue you are conducting yourself in a manner that I do not think is constructive.

...and I disagree and respectfully point out who was on the "right" side of this issue since... 2006 at least?

>SHWING!<

EDIT: In all seriousness Lew...  I love ya... you're a good guy... but I completely disagree with your stance when it comes to RAM and I think you're doing a disservice to the community NOT to point out how screwed up it is to deal with these thieves... but we've been through that.   I'll just ignore the fact you're wrong on this particular issue and move on now.

:D

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:45:26 am by FrizzleFried »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2011, 11:44:49 am »

I'm with Lew on this one.  You're so in everybody's face about being right that it is apparently more important to you than the underlying issue ever was.  It wasn't exactly a long shot predicting that Ram Controls would end badly.  Lots of people have been saying the same thing all along.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48:18 am »

I'm with Lew on this one.  You're so in everybody's face about being right that it is apparently more important to you than the underlying issue ever was.  It wasn't exactly a long shot predicting that Ram Controls would end badly.  Lots of people have been saying the same thing all along.

Read above.  I don't care about being "right" or "wrong" frankly... (though I do admit I am enjoying telling people "I told you so"... you should have seen the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- sent my way over the last 5 years on this issue)... I am more concerned with RAM screwing more people.   That said... it seems that the message is MOSTLY getting through... but when I see geniuses like the guy above... who attempted to buy from the thieves... it concerns me.  

EDIT: Lots of people eh?  Historical revisionist?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:52:21 am by FrizzleFried »

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2011, 11:54:58 am »
If we fight with ourselves, RAM wins...   :'(

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 11:58:24 am »
 I don't care about being "right" or "wrong" frankly...

That's not how you are coming across.  You have multiple people making a gentle attempt to get that through to you.  I won't try again so you'll either think about it now or not.  Your choice.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2011, 11:59:57 am »

Oh we're not fighting.

We disagree... that's about it.   And frankly... the last number of posts here have been nothing but in jest for the most part anyways.  It appears that the hole that is RAM CONTROLS has been exposed.  Most sane individuals wouldn't spend a dime with them.  There will always be the selfish and the ignorant... hopefully we've educated most of the ignorant which leaves mostly just the selfish.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »
I don't care about being "right" or "wrong" frankly...

That's not how you are coming across.  You have multiple people making a gentle attempt to get that through to you.  I won't try again so you'll either think about it now or not.  Your choice.

But Chad... you must realize that when it comes to this issue... I don't really give a crap what people think about me.  Wait... lets be honest... I have about ZERO concern about what ANYONE on this forum or KLOV or any other forum I visit "thinks" about what I post.  I don't post with a "will this be OK with [insert name here]" filter.  I am not looking for a girlfriend here.  I am not applying for a job.  I couldn't care less if you think I am a good guy or an ---uvula---.   I am what I am.  Accept it or not.  I don't care in all honesty.

Hell... you of all people should know that...

If only more people were honest about who they are we'd have less RAM CONTROLS issues.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
I really want a yoke.  I sent this email last week to RAM Controls.  I got no response. Sigh.

"Hello, I’d like to buy a yoke and a USB adapter.  I’m in Canada.  I’m also aware of the controversy surrounding your company from KLOV and BYOAC.

I will purchase a yoke, adapter, if you will ship them to me via UPS Worldwide Express to Canada, and I’ll pay the extra shipping costs.  If this agreeable I would also ask that you throw in the Atari decal.  I would be willing to pay via Paypal (I am verified) and my paypal account is backed by a Visa.  To be clear, if the parcel does not arrive with a working yoke and accessories in the time agreed upon, I will cancel my order.  Either way, good or bad,  I will post my experience on the forums.

Let me know."
You're insane on more fronts than just dealing with RAM. You want UPS shipping to Canada? Seriously??! They'll charge you an extra $30-$50 just in brokerage fees and that's on top of the shipping fee and taxes!
NO MORE!!

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
I thought the context made obvious whether it was 'honest' or 'humble', the former occuring to me in the above.

Many say perhaps a whole lot more than is necessary. But it seems necessary for them.
-Banned-

JustMichael

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 07:11:14 pm »
Wrong!  If you buy from RAM, RAM wins.  A scammer can't win if he gets no money!

ids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2023, 05:43:28 pm
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2011, 07:46:03 pm »
RAM so won when I got my yoke...oh wait....huh?

Delgar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2020, 12:16:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2011, 02:36:19 am »
I really want a yoke.  I sent this email last week to RAM Controls.  I got no response. Sigh.

"Hello, I’d like to buy a yoke and a USB adapter.  I’m in Canada.  I’m also aware of the controversy surrounding your company from KLOV and BYOAC.

I will purchase a yoke, adapter, if you will ship them to me via UPS Worldwide Express to Canada, and I’ll pay the extra shipping costs.  If this agreeable I would also ask that you throw in the Atari decal.  I would be willing to pay via Paypal (I am verified) and my paypal account is backed by a Visa.  To be clear, if the parcel does not arrive with a working yoke and accessories in the time agreed upon, I will cancel my order.  Either way, good or bad,  I will post my experience on the forums.

Let me know."
You're insane on more fronts than just dealing with RAM. You want UPS shipping to Canada? Seriously??! They'll charge you an extra $30-$50 just in brokerage fees and that's on top of the shipping fee and taxes!

I buy online regularly from the US, as in at least monthly, and the difference between USPS and UPS from the US to Canada is a matter of timing, pricing, trust, and customer service.  The brokerage and shipping fees I'd have paid with UPS are high but I get real time tracking and accuracy, which USPS claims to have but doesn't.  I have received packages shipped via USPS months ago that still show "shipping information received, awaiting pickup" on the USPS website.  Their tracking system is not reliable for shipments to Canada, as they hand off the delivery to another agency.

I still prefer USPS because it costs much less even if it takes an extra 2 weeks, but if I'm dealing with an entity where trust and timing is an issue, I have to use UPS, one of their competitors (UHL, FedEx,etc all whom charge similar from the US) or not make the purchase at all.  The UPS guy who delivers to my place knows me well, and there have been times I have refused delivery because the brokerage fees have been excessive (and guess what happens, most often UPS relents, sometimes within a day, and sometimes because when the shipper finds out what they charged for brokerage they threaten to switch shippers).

In this case it is a very rare item (new, not refurbished) which will likely have a limited release window, and I know I'm dealing with a company of uncertain veracity.  I don't put much weight into the posts from the Frizzle guy, while well intentioned he's just too wrapped up in the argument itself to the point I discard his comments (personal opinion only), but there is enough from others, and RAM itself, to be concerned.

This item is something I've been wanting for about 8 to 10 years.  I finally decided to take the plunge, if I can ensure I won't be ripped off.  The extra shipping and brokerage fees are well worth minimizing the risk, in this instance.

So no I'm not "insane".  I have neither the skill, time or desire to deal with a sidewinder hack, a polyethylene pipe yoke, a refurb, or to troll auctions.  At the same time I don't want to throw $500 away for nothing, and until the last few years, due to the exchange rate a yoke would have cost me much more than $500 Canadian.  If I can get a plug and play solution, I'll pay.  If this item was mass produced it would cost $50 or less.  I've ordered parts from the ledwiz guy, and sometimes shake my head at how much I pay, but he sells specialty items and I don't have the ability to machine parts on my own, nor could my local fab shop, at his price.  The fact of this hobby is, "new" items are specialty items, not high volume, and the price is reflected accordingly.

Yeah I know this is the "Build Your Own" site, some of us don't have that as a viable option but still would like the toys.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:38:32 am by Delgar »

TPB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:59 am »

I don't put much weight into the posts from the Frizzle guy, while well intentioned he's just too wrapped up in the argument itself to the point I discard his comments

I reckon the Frizzle guy (geez, that makes him sound like a charred french fry) should bump my quote from his sig, and replace it with this gem !

This item is something I've been wanting for about 8 to 10 years.

Dave opened up the pre-orders in 2006.  Delgar, what took you so long ?    ;D

I've ordered parts from the ledwiz guy

I think of him more as the TT2 guy.

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2012, 04:51:24 pm
    • OdorDestroyer.com
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:28 am »
I buy online regularly from the US, as in at least monthly, and the difference between USPS and UPS from the US to Canada is a matter of timing, pricing, trust, and customer service.  The brokerage and shipping fees I'd have paid with UPS are high but I get real time tracking and accuracy, which USPS claims to have but doesn't.  I have received packages shipped via USPS months ago that still show "shipping information received, awaiting pickup" on the USPS website.  Their tracking system is not reliable for shipments to Canada, as they hand off the delivery to another agency.

All true, including the previous comments about ridiculous UPS brokerage charges ($25-30 USD + shipping + VAT + customs).  I had to stop shipping UPS to Canada because of the number of outraged customers receiving a $50 COD at the door for an item that was pre-paid. It is my understanding there is a class action against UPS in Canada for failure to disclose this practice.  Honestly, it should be charged to the shipper with shipping at the beginning so there is no mistake.  As it is, it's optional for the shipper and not mentioned at any time by UPS.

Also true that USPS tracking SUCKS. A few things can help.  First, it must go via a trackable service like Priority Mail or Express.  Delivery confirmation and/or customs numbers are useless for tracking. Second, the shipper MUST run a daily manifest and get it scanned (or walk into a PO), or most packages will never have any tracking info. Stupid yes, but it seems that the USPS system rejects scans from packages that lack initial pickup scans.  Third, once the item is in transit, track it at the Canada post site.  Data continues there once it's passed customs. Apparently it's some sort of state secret because after 10yrs as a shipper and many complaints to the USPS, it was a *customer* who clued me in to that tip.

there have been times I have refused delivery because the brokerage fees have been excessive (and guess what happens, most often UPS relents, sometimes within a day, and sometimes because when the shipper finds out what they charged for brokerage they threaten to switch shippers).

Gotta say, this is a real  :censored: move. When you refuse delivery because of COD fees, the shipper has to either allow the merchandise to be discarded or eat shipping BOTH ways to get it returned. I've done this once or twice when a recipient did not know about the fee and I felt that as a shipper I had an obligation to have known. But once I started warning customers up front about the UPS brokerage fees, I lost all sympathy for people who pull that stunt. You refuse UPS shipment, you get a refund minus ALL freight charges. i.e. you will see about $12 back when it's all done.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:38:17 am by pldoolittle »
--------------------------
My Machines - Golden Tee '97, MK MAME conversion, Super Sprint project
My Business - OdorDestroyer.com

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:28 am »
I don't put much weight into the posts from the Frizzle guy, while well intentioned he's just too wrapped up in the argument itself to the point I discard his comments (personal opinion only), but there is enough from others, and RAM itself, to be concerned.

I tried to believe in RAM for a long time, the same way that people tried to believe in SlikStik. Frizz was right then and is right now.

I put far more weight into his posts than yours, especially the bull about shipping to Canada -- read Subby's guide on cgcc (and note the part of pdoolittle's post about tracking on the CP website ... he is the first person, other than me, who seems to understand that).

Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:34 am »
If only more people were honest about who they are we'd have less RAM CONTROLS issues.

I wasn't going to post. I was going to let you go on your merry way, but the quoted line made me chuckle. While you may post with no filters, many others are concerned with their online identities. You want people to be honest how they are but you bash, belittle and berate anyone who says\does anything that isn't in line with your way of thinking. Lets imagine some enthusiasts doesn't know any better and orders from RAM controls. Why in the world would they post anything here sharing their story when all that will happen is a digital beat down from you? In short, they can't be honest how they are with you prowling around ready to pounce.

What you are doing is nothing more than trying to be a bully. If anything, you are forcing people to go underground and order in secrecy and no one feels compelled to share a personal negative story. You think you're helping your cause or hurting it?

And exactly how am I doing a disservice to the community? I don't appreciate you indicating that by not jumping on your bandwagon, I am somehow part of the problem. I'm going to give you an opportunity to take that back in the hopes you wrote it in error.

Obviously this is just my opinion, and we already know you don't value other peoples opinions. I'm not entirely sure why I wrote this. Maybe in the hopes you could tone it down a little.

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
Lew,  look man... we have two different opinion on how to tackle this issue (obviously).  There is no need for either of us to "cut down" one another as I am quite sure we both have the same goal.   I apologize for saying you're doing a disservice to the community by not subscribing to my "way" of tackling this issue.  While I think "my way" is the better way... you obviously differ in that opinion.

That does not change my opinions on RAM nor will it likely change how I deal with them in general... though I will try to take a step back before pigeon-holing different peoples opinions on the matter in to a "FOR" or "AGAINST" slot.   Taking a look back I can see where the "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality could be off-putting.  I still feel that if you contribute a CENT to the thieves you're doing a disservice to those who got burned,  and I am not sure how I can "change" that opinion...or if I want to "change" that opinion... though i certainly need to come up with a more diplomatic way to convey said opinion for fear of upsetting the sensibilities of some.

While I've pumped my chest a bit in here ... I've never said I don't value other peoples opinions (did I?)... I simply said I don't filter what I say through a "will [put name here] be offended" filter.  I also did say I don't care what people think about me IN REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE... because I've already taken the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- over it.  Basically I will/do own what I say... and take responsibility... and have a tendency to be direct and honest.   I am not a diplomat and could never be.   At least you know where I stand at all times,  unlike some folks out there.

I suppose the bottom line is that I am me.  Good... bad... ugly... 

...human.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2011, 01:06:15 pm »
What we need is a beer.

:cheers:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2011, 01:14:08 pm »
What we need is a beer.

THAT is something we can agree on... unless you drink Coors.

;)

isucamper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 05:13:08 pm
  • I'm a slasher... of prices!!
    • my project arcade blog
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »
What we need is a beer.

;)

Hey!  Come on!  It's The Banquet Beer!
THE SYSTEM          Popeye

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2011, 03:09:54 pm »
What we need is a beer.

;)

Oh ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- ... watch out for Realtors!
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:33 pm »
There's a post missing here... where did it go?

About dishwater at a brew pub?  by BadMouth?

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 05:25:09 pm »

? I haven't moderated this thread that I can recall...
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »

Yeah, it was right after isucamper's post. 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 09:31:32 pm »

Sorry about that.  I posted, but decided the thread was already big enough and off topic enough, so I deleted it.
But since I'm making this post now, here's what the original said........

I was travelling with a friend who only drinks Coors Light.
We couldn't find a regular bar and one of my favorite brew pubs was nearby, so we went there.
The conversation went like this (verbatim):

Bartender: What can I get for you?
CL drinker: Do you have anything that tastes like Coors Light?
Bartender(with a straight face): I can go in the back and get you some dishwater.
(entire bar erupts in laughter)

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »
Sorry to bring this thread further off topic...  But your story reminds me of the time I was in Michigan and I asked for a Miller 64.  The bartender responded with a straight face... "We don't serve bottled water here"  And all the locals laughed as well.   ;D

I guess serves me right.

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14:35 pm »
I thought the segregation was pretty obvious - clubs, bars, pubs, and (you'll still find, here and there) Saloons.
-Banned-

Delgar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2020, 12:16:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »

I tried to believe in RAM for a long time, the same way that people tried to believe in SlikStik. Frizz was right then and is right now.

I put far more weight into his posts than yours, especially the bull about shipping to Canada -- read Subby's guide on cgcc (and note the part of pdoolittle's post about tracking on the CP website ... he is the first person, other than me, who seems to understand that).

As you should, I'm a nobody here, Frizzle is a somebody.  Oddly enough I have a SlikStik cab and control panel, both arrived on time, and were and still are everything I wanted and more, just doesn't have that yoke option yet!  Its a custom built CO2 and is still a hit when I host a party.  I would love to install an led wiz and translucent buttons but the wiring in the CO2 is elaborate and neat, with dual rotaries and many extras, and I don't want to hack into it.  (And that's why I referred to the GGG person as the "ledwiz" guy, I'd love to add that to my panel.)

As for refusing delivery because of brokerage fees, I've only done so in the most extreme cases.  One case in point, I ordered relatively inexpensive cufflinks from a Canadian website, and they ended up shipping them from their US affiliate because that's where the stock was.  Actually I ordered 4 sets, 3 shipped from Montreal, the other from the US.  The brokerage fees on the set shipped from the US was as much as the item ($50 brokerage on $50 cufflinks, while the other 3 sets shipped from Montreal and I paid no brokerage).  This was a company that should have known better and they agreed.  They ended up refunding my money for the 1 set, and I agreed to pay the brokerage.  Also this was a case where the UPS guy agreed with me the brokerage fee was probably an error given the declared value of the item, but that never got resolved.

TPB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2011, 03:57:06 am »

Delgar is entitled to purchase from RAM if he so chooses.  Not that it's something I'd recommend.  But it remains his decision.

As Lew states, he shouldn't feel intimidated about ordering from RAM.  He should feel free to discuss his experience (should RAM accept his order), good or bad.  And indeed, we should welcome his discussion of his experience, as it's valuable feedback on the current viability of this delinquent and shady vendor.

Who knows, if RAM keeps its head above water by honouring its current schedule of orders, perhaps there's a chance they'll share a portion of their profits with the folks they've ripped off, whose money they shamelessly took for goods never sent.  Perhaps that poor bugger in Oz who pre-paid a couple of grand for a Star Wars Cab, will end up getting back a little loose change. 

But that's probably wishful thinking.  Going on RAM's unsavoury track record, they're unlikely to give a solitary dime back to these folks, even as they keep raking in the profits themselves.

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
    • OdorDestroyer.com
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2011, 09:30:45 am »
if RAM keeps its head above water by honouring its current schedule of orders, perhaps there's a chance they'll share a portion of their profits with the folks they've ripped off, whose money they shamelessly took for goods never sent.  Perhaps that poor bugger in Oz who pre-paid a couple of grand for a Star Wars Cab, will end up getting back a little loose change.

And there we have the dream that RAM is using to keep their scam going.  

Going on RAM's unsavoury track record, they're unlikely to give a solitary dime back to these folks, even as they keep raking in the profits themselves.

And the reality of the situation.

The sad part is that you guys know *exactly* what is happening, and you are still willing to help these people ripoff your friends. And that's not hyperbole.  You know that Dave owes ripped off customers, suppliers, and partners to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars. You know that Jim/Dan came here and lied to your face.  When confronted with those lies, he "came clean" with more lies, and then "really came clean" with yet more lies. You know for a fact that Adam/Dave is *still getting paid* from this scam, while his victims are not.  

I'm sorry for calling names, but there is no other way to put it. Anyone who has read these threads and still does business with these scumbags is selfish and stupid.

SuprSprint

• Offline Offline
    • OdorDestroyer.com
Re: Re: RAM Controls
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:23 am »
A little update, "Jan Judd" is either Errol Mihalik's sister or a pseudonym for his sister.  "Jan Judd" is Adam's wife, who operates a business entitled "Home Bound Mom", who's domain was registered by RAM controls.

Same game, different victims. This time it's mom's shopping online for their kids....

Necro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2011, 10:55:07 am »
How are these people not in jail?