Software Support > Automated Projects

MRotate5 (Bug fixed. Download V 1.0.1)

<< < (2/14) > >>

DaOld Man:
With the RS232 9 pin port, you would still need some sort of a interface, most likely a pic chip.
I would go ahead and use the USB I/0 interface.
But there is still possibly another choice for you.
You can get an add on PCI to printer port card very cheap. MRotate3 should work with it just fine.
An add on card (If you have a spare PCI slot) is fairly easy to install, you may have to install the drivers that come with it.
Here is a post I did a while back over in Software Forum. Near the end of the post I show the printer port card I bought for around 10 bucks and tested with MRotate:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=94350.0

You will still need a drive. The secret drive (if you are using the secret motor) is pretty reasonably priced and will connect right to the printer port on the add-on pci card.

I'm not sure I would power the motor off the motherboard case fan header, unless you mean the molex connectors that come from the power supply. Im talking about the white plastic plugs that plug into the hard drive and CD rom.
These may power the motor, if it is a small one.
If the motor shuts down your computer when it turns, it is probably drawing too much current. If this happens, disconnect the motor, unplug the computer from the wall socket for a few seconds to reset the power supply. If this does happen, you will have to use another power supply for the motor.
I am just about to post some pics of using a toggle switch for a drive over in the tutorial Im putting together, if you really must go with manual rotation for now.

DNA Dan:
Good points. I think I will just do the manual rotation with a switch on top of my cab. What you posted in the other thread is EXACTLY what I am looking for with the limiting switches. As much as I like the software control, I'm just uncertain it will work with hyperspin. If I get the manual going properly and build up some confidence then maybe I will approach the software interface. I really want to use it, just too many "black box" things in my head right now. There's a lot to think about in building the perfect cab for oneself.

Your diagrams are perfect. I completely understand it much better now. Keep them coming!

Cornchip:
   If the printer port has gone the way of the Buffalo, maybe a new way might be to use the Arduino (or one of the many clones). The internet community has really come alive to support just about any project you could think of using these powerful devices. I'm sure that an application for rotating monitors exists for the right mind.

http://www.arduino.cc/

Cornchip.

danny_galaga:

USB could be interesting. I wonder if I could use it to give just a continuous signal? The way my monitor is set up, that is all I need. It would then just switch a relay on or off. Relay on would be vertical, relay off horizontal (or vice versa)

DaOld Man:

--- Quote from: danny_galaga on March 16, 2011, 01:13:31 am ---
USB could be interesting. I wonder if I could use it to give just a continuous signal? The way my monitor is set up, that is all I need. It would then just switch a relay on or off. Relay on would be vertical, relay off horizontal (or vice versa)

--- End quote ---

Check out this thread, using a selector switch to manually change the monitor orientation.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110207.40

If you dont want to use a H drive, it can be done with relays.
I have a relay exmple on here somewhere, I can find the thread and post a link if you want me to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version