Software Support > Automated Projects

General questions about MRotate

<< < (5/7) > >>

slug54:
Thanks guys,
great info. I think I will try to find a windshield wiper motor to use.
Le Chuck I found a lot of great info in that thread and some links to some nice part suppliers I have allready purchased my berring from rockler it is a good quality berring and I am using it in a pacman cab where the monitor is nearly facing up so it will be used in a nearly normal orientation so I think it will be ok.

DaOld Man I am also wanting to add a small servo motor to switch my Magstick plus joystick automatically from 4 way to 8 way
Will your circuit support controlling 2 motors or would I need 2 circuits or is there another controller that would be better suited for this.

-Slug

DaOld Man:

--- Quote from: slug54 on March 22, 2012, 08:20:25 pm ---....
DaOld Man I am also wanting to add a small servo motor to switch my Magstick plus joystick automatically from 4 way to 8 way
Will your circuit support controlling 2 motors or would I need 2 circuits or is there another controller that would be better suited for this.

-Slug

--- End quote ---

The servo motor requires a special drive. This link will give you more info:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=113249.0

DarthPaul has done some amazing work in the automation category.

darthpaul:
I used the friction method and a windshield wiper motor for two reason, first; since this was the first time for me doing something like this, the friction method seemed to be the most widely used method at the time and second; I am rotating a 21" CRT which is pretty heavy, so friction seemed to be the easiest to do and the wiper motor is very powerful. I got my Wiper Motor here http://monsterguts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4. Since you are using an LCD Monitor, your options for rotation are much greater because of it's lighter weight, you could even try using nylon gears which is what I'm using to rotate my control panels. Good luck on the servos, the hardest part will be fabricating the linkage, checkout my instructions in the link DaOld Man gave you and also Le Chucks and can't do wrong.

slug54:
wow nice work Darth,
I ordered a servo and controller for my 4/8way switch.
any chance that a servo motor would have enough power to rotate my LCD monitor on the lazy susan?
Looks pretty easy to do and I like that you can put the commands in a batch file.

darthpaul:
Funny you should ask that, there is a discussion going on here http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=118552.40 and it looks like Le Chuck has that very same idea. I think a servo could but it might be a little expensive and you would need to make sure that monitor rotated nice and smooth with as little friction as possible. In order to automate rotation using MRotate, DaOld Man would have to modify it to allow you to add commands for horizontal and vertical rotation. I'm sure he would give you a hand with that if you decide to go the servo route.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version