Software Support > Automated Projects

General questions about MRotate

(1/8) > >>

DaOld Man:
This section will be for general information questions about MRotate. What you need, how to set it up, how it works, etc.

sjbaines:
This post moved to 'links' section.

GameTech:
I'm just now starting to build another cabinet.. and I would LOVE to rotate the screen.  I'm assuming that all projects on here, use the printers parallel port ?  Has anyone used the serial port on ta PC yet?  or USB?   I have a bartop cabinet with a 10.5" LCD, and would love to have this thing rotate per game selection.  Also, is this project only related to the MALA frontend? 

Thanks for help.  Neat ideas here.  Love it

:applaud:

DaOld Man:
I have not experimented with usb or serial, not sure if anyone else has.
I did purchase a "teensy" usb breakout board. http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/
But I havent had much chance to play around with it yet.
Using the printer port is extremely simple, and MRotate is currently only compatible with it, at least until I can get some time to figure out how to program with the teensy board.
If anyone on here has done a rotating project using serial or usb, I would much appreciate seeing it, and posting a link to the project here would be great.

Edit:
Mrotate can work with any front end that can send it a command line with an argument.
For example, you can send it a command from the CMD window such as: C:\mrotate\mrotate 0
Loadman helped me build a plug in that does that from mala. I think others on here have experimented with other front ends. I was thinking of making one for GLaunch, but never got around to it.
Note: MRotate is only compatible with Windows. It has been tested on XP 32 bit, Vista 32 bit, and I have one user set it up on Win7 64 bit, but it takes a little extra work to make it happen on 64 bit system, but it can be done.

drventure:
My plan is to add monitor rotation, though I plan to do it with a pulley system (probably old grandfather clock pulleys and brass wire, but I'm not sure yet).

I'd have prefered gears, but I can't seem to find a decent source.

MRotate might enter into the equation at some point. Any idea if it'll work with one of those "USB to Serial port" dongles?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version