Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JUKECADE, A Jukebox designed for MAME cabinets (uses mame controls)  (Read 83053 times)

Jukecade

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2017, 04:39:18 pm
Re: JUKECADE, A Jukebox designed for MAME cabinets (uses mame controls)
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 12:22:38 am »
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm using Jukecade and I'm really impressed with it. It's very easy to use and I (and my young daughter) love it. The video game skins are a great idea and it's perfect for Mame cabs... great job on this!

One quick question for you though, we are using the Pac-Man skin and we've noticed that when we select a video to play it starts up just fine in the bottom left corner of the screen but if we switch to another album to start selecting songs from the music continues but the video disappears. 

The video is fine if we continue to add songs from the same album and its fine if we're in the main menu but as soon as we select another album to start choosing songs from the video is gone. Is there any way to fix this or is the program just designed that way?

Either way, the program is amazing and you've done a great job with the skins too. Keep up the good work!

HI

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been a bit busy....

OK, You can get back to the Video screen at any time (as long as a video is playing). If you have read my instructions you will know that button 3 is the "Group" button. Pressing this switches you to different function groups on the screen. The Pacman & ghosts logo moves to show you which group is currently selected. When a video is playing a 'Video group' becomes available and you are able to move the pacman logo to the small video screen - once it is there just press button 1 and the video screen will reopen.....

Hope this helps

Thanks for giving my software a try...

Jukecade
Jukecade - The Jukebox for your MAME Cabinet

quintinbiker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2012, 12:47:18 am
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:06 am »
Hi there, when running the settings.exe file I'm getting the following error

Class not registered.
You need the following files installed on your machine, MSSTDFMT.DLL

Oh yes, and I'm using windows xp service pack 2
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:38:31 am by quintinbiker »
Life is your game
How you win determines your score
How you loose determines your credits
But to play the game you have to have real credits.

That's why I'm
GAME OVER
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
LIVE TO RIDE
RIDE TO LIVE
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Biker born, Biker Bread, When I Die I'm Biker Dead
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2019, 10:29:47 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:53 am »
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm using Jukecade and I'm really impressed with it. It's very easy to use and I (and my young daughter) love it. The video game skins are a great idea and it's perfect for Mame cabs... great job on this!

One quick question for you though, we are using the Pac-Man skin and we've noticed that when we select a video to play it starts up just fine in the bottom left corner of the screen but if we switch to another album to start selecting songs from the music continues but the video disappears. 

The video is fine if we continue to add songs from the same album and its fine if we're in the main menu but as soon as we select another album to start choosing songs from the video is gone. Is there any way to fix this or is the program just designed that way?

Either way, the program is amazing and you've done a great job with the skins too. Keep up the good work!

HI

OK, You can get back to the Video screen at any time (as long as a video is playing). If you have read my instructions you will know that button 3 is the "Group" button. Pressing this switches you to different function groups on the screen. The Pacman & ghosts logo moves to show you which group is currently selected. When a video is playing a 'Video group' becomes available and you are able to move the pacman logo to the small video screen - once it is there just press button 1 and the video screen will reopen.....

Hope this helps

Jukecade
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here, I'll try to explain myself a little bit better. There's no problem with the video playing. The only time it doesn't show is when I'm in an album selecting tracks. My question to you is if there is a way to have the video continue to run in the bottom left corner while selecting tracks or if 'it is what it is'.
Hi there

Thanks for trying my software.

The problem you may be having is that your folder structure or Media filter may not be set correctly. Please go to my Jukecade website and take a quick look through the Installation guide:

http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your interest...

Jukecade
I'm not sure if this is in reply to me or not but I will check on the radio issue and see if I have the media set up right. I have it set up exactly as I have the video and songs set up. Both of them work just fine but maybe I've got to see if it's supposed to be set up differently.

Is the Radio media supposed to be set up differently than from music or video? I have it categorized in exactly the same manner.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:25:18 am by mamefreak2 »

quintinbiker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2012, 12:47:18 am
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »
thanx man, i managed to get it working outside maximus arcade but not within.

If i launch the mp3 jukebox in maximus arcade, it opens but controls won't work but they start to work as soon as i start my remote software.
Life is your game
How you win determines your score
How you loose determines your credits
But to play the game you have to have real credits.

That's why I'm
GAME OVER
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
LIVE TO RIDE
RIDE TO LIVE
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Biker born, Biker Bread, When I Die I'm Biker Dead
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 07:51:42 pm »
Hi there, when running the settings.exe file I'm getting the following error

Class not registered.
You need the following files installed on your machine, MSSTDFMT.DLL

Oh yes, and I'm using windows xp service pack 2

Hi

You may already have the file on your machine. Use search for files to find it. If it's found, you may be able to get things to work by executing "regsvr32.exe msstdfmt.dll" in Start, Run.

If you can't find it you may be able to get it from a Windows XP CD-ROM, or from a couple of download sites on the internet. Just do a Google search on "msstdfmt.dll". You may still need to run the regsvr32 command I mentioned above after downloading it.

Hope this helps

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 07:59:15 pm »
HI

Hope this helps

Jukecade
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here, I'll try to explain myself a little bit better. There's no problem with the video playing. The only time it doesn't show is when I'm in an album selecting tracks. My question to you is if there is a way to have the video continue to run in the bottom left corner while selecting tracks or if 'it is what it is'.

Ah I see what you mean. To be honest I dont experience this problem. The video window plays on all screens: album select, track select, playlist view, etc. I'm not too sure why this is not happening for yourself as I can't reproduce the problem. can you send me a screen grab or anything that may help me?

Sorry....

Update:
I see in the >Tools->options> player> player settinfs section of WMP you can select "Keep now playing on top of other windows". try enabling this option and see if it solves your problem.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:25:09 pm by Jukecade »

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 08:15:24 pm »
.... Okay, I populated 'Radio' with some content and the crashing no longer occurs. No worries on that issue. However, I can't select any of the albums that I've created in the Radio section. Not sure why this is.... 
.....I have it set up exactly as I have the video and songs set up. Both of them work just fine but maybe I've got to see if it's supposed to be set up differently.
Is the Radio media supposed to be set up differently than from music or video? I have it categorized in exactly the same manner.....

The folder structure is the same as albums and videos - Here is an example:

{folder} ..\MyMedia\Radio                             
{folder}      \Albert & Me                                   giving \MyMedia\Radio\Albert & Me
{folder}         \Series 1                                     giving \MyMedia\Radio\Albert & Me\Series 1
{file}                \cover.jpg                       
{file}                \01 S1E1 - The new job.mp3       
{file}                \02 S1E2 - Babysitting.mp3         
{folder}     \Bill Engvall                                     giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall
{folder}         \Dorkfish                                    giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall\Dorkfish
{file}                \01 Introduction.mp3   
{file}                \02 Schoolbus.mp3                           
{folder}         \Here's your sign                        giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall\Here's your sign
{file}                \01 game night.mp3

Also make sure that the settings file MEDIA.INI in the ..\jukecade\settings\ folder has this line:
RADIO , *.mp3;*.m4a;*.wma
If your radio files are in a different format then add the extension type to this line, like so:
RADIO , *.mp3;*.m4a;*.wma;*.wav

Hope this helps

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 01:22:39 am »
.... Okay, I populated 'Radio' with some content and the crashing no longer occurs. No worries on that issue. However, I can't select any of the albums that I've created in the Radio section. Not sure why this is.... 
.....I have it set up exactly as I have the video and songs set up. Both of them work just fine but maybe I've got to see if it's supposed to be set up differently.
Is the Radio media supposed to be set up differently than from music or video? I have it categorized in exactly the same manner.....

The folder structure is the same as albums and videos - Here is an example:

{folder} ..\MyMedia\Radio                             
{folder}      \Albert & Me                                   giving \MyMedia\Radio\Albert & Me
{folder}         \Series 1                                     giving \MyMedia\Radio\Albert & Me\Series 1
{file}                \01 S1E1 - The new job.mp3       
{file}                \02 S1E2 - Babysitting.mp3         
{folder}     \Bill Engvall                                     giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall
{folder}         \Dorkfish                                    giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall\Dorkfish
{file}                \01 Introduction.mp3   
{file}                \02 Schoolbus.mp3                           
{folder}         \Here's your sign                        giving \MyMedia\Radio\Bill Engvall\Here's your sign
{file}                \01 game night.mp3

Also make sure that the settings file MEDIA.INI in the ..\jukecade\settings\ folder has this line:
RADIO , *.mp3;*.m4a;*.wma
If your radio files are in a different format then add the extension type to this line, like so:
RADIO , *.mp3;*.m4a;*.wma;*.wav

Hope this helps
The files I have in Radio are all flash video files. Should I add flv. to the settings folder or will this not make a difference?

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »
The files I have in Radio are all flash video files. Should I add flv. to the settings folder or will this not make a difference?

Yes add the appropriate extension to the ini file BUT make sure you installed Windows Media Player can actually play the format you want to use. I don't think as standard WMP plays flash files.

A good place to get codec for WMP us http://www.cccp-project.net/ Combined Community Codec

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:18:04 pm by Jukecade »

Hoppy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2012, 08:27:27 am
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 11:05:33 am »
Looks like a cool program but I can get it to run.

I am getting an error when i try to launch any of the .exe files

"unexpected error" is all is says

XP sp3 (32bit)
I installed the 2 fonts
Copied the wmp.dll and registered it
downloaded and installed the visual basic 6 runtime

I must me missing something

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK.... looks like reinstalling the  VB6 Runtime fixed it...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:56:13 pm by Hoppy »

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 03:20:09 pm »
Hey,

Just a quick update... I went into the file and allowed radio to see all formats and it worked great. As a passing suggestion you may want to give as a default to Radio the same media defaults as Video. But regardless, it was a very easy fix thanks.

As for the videos in the bottom left corner... here is what I see:

- If I am in album selection (for music, radio or videos) when the attract video comes on the video plays fine. If I leave that album and go into another album though, the video disappears and I get the joystick 3 button selection graphic.

- If I am in album selection and the attract video comes on, it disappears and is replaced by the joystick graphic when I add a coin to it.

- If I am in Videos and select a video, the video will play in the lower screen until I go into another album select screen and then the bottom left corner is black but the music keeps playing.

So, I'm not sure if it's something in the settings file that I have to change or if there's anything that I can do here...

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
Looks like a cool program but I can get it to run.
I am getting an error when i try to launch any of the .exe files

"unexpected error" is all is says

OK.... looks like reinstalling the  VB6 Runtime fixed it...

Hi there

Yes I actually ran in to the same problem after installing another VB program after installing the software. Apparently Microsoft was naughty and has different versions of the .dll files without notifying windows there are differences and keeping things separate. I found, as you did, reinstalling the VB Runtime files fixed it. Here is what a website search says about this Microsoft problem......

"Error message boxes saying "Unexpected error" or "Error 50003" may be symptoms of an incorrect version of the common controls being registered. Microsoft have issued at least 4 versions of comctl32.ocx and 2 of comdlg32.ocx, comct232.ocx and comct332.ocx. All the versions of each component have the same GUID but they are not compatible. This breaks the rules of COM but Microsoft allow themselves to break their own rules however much havoc it causes amongst their customers.

A compiled VB program will work with the set of controls it was compiled with or later versions. However, programs complied with a newer issue of one of these OCXs will not run if an older one is registered. If a VB5 authored program on this web site has this problem it needs the VB6 versions of the controls.

Download the required version and unzip the files into a separate location. For safety do not directly overwrite the Windows\System directory. Unregister the old controls and move them to a temporary location. Then copy the new controls to the System folder and register them. You can register the new controls wherever they are, but some depend on DLLs in the System folder and may not work in another location. To switch back to the original files, reverse the process. "

Microsoft need to sort this type of thing out.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 06:25:47 pm »
Hey,

Just a quick update... I went into the file and allowed radio to see all formats and it worked great. As a passing suggestion you may want to give as a default to Radio the same media defaults as Video. But regardless, it was a very easy fix thanks.

As for the videos in the bottom left corner... here is what I see:

- If I am in album selection (for music, radio or videos) when the attract video comes on the video plays fine. If I leave that album and go into another album though, the video disappears and I get the joystick 3 button selection graphic.

- If I am in album selection and the attract video comes on, it disappears and is replaced by the joystick graphic when I add a coin to it.

- If I am in Videos and select a video, the video will play in the lower screen until I go into another album select screen and then the bottom left corner is black but the music keeps playing.

So, I'm not sure if it's something in the settings file that I have to change or if there's anything that I can do here...

uuummmmm...

This is a bit of a puzzler for me as I cannot duplicate this problem. Have you tried checking the WMP option:
>Tools->options> player> player settings: select "Keep now playing on top of other windows". try enabling this option and see if it solves your problem.

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 08:36:16 pm »
Nope sorry that one didn't work.

I did notice that under music though, the vizualization screen keeps playing in the corner while selecting other albums... But this doesn't happen for music videos or attract videos.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 03:06:13 am »
Nope sorry that one didn't work.

I did notice that under music though, the vizualization screen keeps playing in the corner while selecting other albums... But this doesn't happen for music videos or attract videos.

hhhhmmmmmm....

I really don't know what is going on here. If you click watch the Youtube video below you will see the Pacman Skin Jukecade 1.03 running on my computer. As you can I the videos/visualizations are shown on every screen...

(Sorry for the poor video/audio quality - I wanted to make file as small as possible)

I will try my best to find a solution for you but it may take me some time.
Can anyone else who has installed the software suggest what is going on?

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 03:09:34 am »
thanx man, i managed to get it working outside maximus arcade but not within.

If i launch the mp3 jukebox in maximus arcade, it opens but controls won't work but they start to work as soon as i start my remote software.

Hi there

Check the joypad/Key code settings via the joystick.ini and keys.ini files in the /jukecade/settings folder or via the Settings GUI...

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »
Hi,

I have just upgraded to Windows7 64 bit and I'm noticing that this doesn't work anymore. Anything I can do to fix it?

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »
Hey,

Just a head's up, I found your FAQ and followed the steps. I've got it up and running. Also, I should let you know I'm running Windows7 64 bit and it works fine.

Also, as an added bonus the preview video works everywhere now! So whatever the issue was with that it's now gone.

So far so great. Program is awesome and nice and easy to use. Thanks for creating this!

ps:
I'll just post this link here in case anyone else runs into problems. I found this very useful. Thanks!
http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/FAQ.html

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »
BTW,

I created an image for Jukecade to go into the Hyperspin Wheel. I patterned it after Super Mario. If anyone wants to use it I am posting it here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kmhamel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2014, 07:46:32 pm
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »
Got a problem with vjukecade. When you run the settings program it cannot find "mainbkg.gif". I looked in the skin folder and found the file but it is named "vmainbkg.gif". If I change the file name the settings program will then run but vjukecade will not.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
I'm Still here
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:49 am »
Hi All

Well its been a while since I could get online but hopefully now that shouldn't be a problem.

A) During my absence I have upgrade the Jukecade Jukebos software with the following:

V1.04 - When Switching from different media types (Music->Video->Radio). The database position is stored.
      - Fixed intermittant problem in joypad handler where Overflow error occurred on button press.
      - Now only the MUSIC database needs to be setup. Empty Video or Radio database reverts system back to Music.
       (Settings.exe and createmediadatabade.exe updated to handle null paths).
      - Now able to choose what will play for attract mode: Attract videos, random music track or random music video.
          (Now playing details NOT shown to encourage user to insert a coin & select a track)

This update can be downloaded from the usual jukecade mediafire folders. You can get a program update download (trying to upload a full install but having problems!). Only the 3 main exe files have altered so you do not need to recreate your media database or anything.

As always make a back up of the original files before installing the new one just incase I missed something obvious during testing.

B) I have added a new SKIN for Jukecade called MAME - suprisingly enough based on Mame and the arcade games. Some of you will recognise the graphics. Can you tell which games the sounds come from?

Available for the Standard and Vertical versions of Jukecade.

Download the skin from the usual jukecade mediafire folders.

C) My website has been updated a little. Apart from fixing a few glaring spelling errors I have added a User submissions page. This page has items submitted to me for the Jukecade project. Also if you have a photo of your arcade cabinet running Jukecade you can submit it for inclusion here.

As always I want to say a big "Thank You" for you are who have use the software/submitted goodies/made suggestions etc.......
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:38:18 pm by Jukecade »

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »
Screenshots of the new MAME skin

PIZZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2013, 10:24:17 am
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:55 am »
I just DL this and started testing it out. So far im liking it. A nice alternative to whats available here! If you can make simple non-arcade skin that would be great too  :cheers:

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
HI

Glad you enjoying the software. I will work on a few extra skins for you all. IN the mean time you can find non-arcade skins too - Metal Jukebox, 50s style jukebox etc. Check out the website for info:

http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/screenshots.html

Peace

Gumboot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2016, 05:38:02 am
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 12:13:08 am »
Jukecade,

Great work with this software. I love it, it is exactly what I have been looking for to run on my cab. I am currently making a Maximus arcade skin to match my front end and have a few suggestions/requests.

1. Is it possible to have all albums for an artist show in a single icon instead of showing all albums On the screen. Example: I have about 20 albums from AC/DC. Instead of showing all AC/DC albums could it display one called AC/DC and once this is selected it shows all the albums?

2. Can it be made so there is an extra folder level. Example: I have an album with 8 CDs. At the moment I have to have all 8 folders directly under the artists name. Suggested file structure could be Artist - Album - CD

3. Could the browse screen be made to scroll instead of having the select next page.

3a. If 3 can't be done can the skin be changed so that a different icon can be used for up/down/left/right when changing to next screen (this would allow arrows to be used to indicate direction)

Great work again. I know how much of a pain programming can be, I did a bit in vb aver 10 years ago. Seeing what you have made makes me want to get back into it again.

Tanks again

Gumboot

bernillo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2012, 05:28:35 am
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 05:28:35 am »
hello everybody.
i would like to test your fantastic juke on my cab.
i'm using winxp on a naomi cab, so resolution should be 640x480 to work.

jukecade start probably with other resolution and screen is impossible to  see.

my question is if it's possible to change jukecade resolution

thanx

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 11:19:51 am »
Hi,

I tried using the MAME skin but unfortunately couldn't get it to work. Not sure why this is as my other skins work just fine. Here is the jukecade log. Let me know what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks!

01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Welcome to Jukecade...
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Checking for 'Press Start' font is installed
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Font is installed
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading User key definitions (\settings\keys.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Keys loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading joystick definitions (\settings\keys.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - joystick loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading Media Location Paths (\settings\media.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Media Location Paths set
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading Program Defaults (\settings\jukecade.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Defaults loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Attract videos found 11
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Loading Main skin C:\JukeCade\Jukecade\skins\MAME\mainbkg.gif
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Problem loading skin \settings\skin.ini -(C:\JukeCade\Jukecade\skins\MAME\mainbkg.gif)
01/05/2012 11:14:28 AM - Program stopped - Error detected
01/05/2012 11:14:28 AM - Exiting Jukecade...

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 02:25:58 am »
Also,

I wanted to contribute back to your project with a skin. Unfortunately I'm not exactly the best at computers and don't really know how to fit everything but here's a general idea of a Zaxxon/Super Zaxxon theme:

Main Background

Tracklist

Video Screen

I have the sound samples but have no idea of how big the pics are supposed to be in reference to the song titles etc... Maybe I could send you the files and you could make them fit? It's up to you if you want them. If not no worries, I can just let them be. Let me know if you're interested. Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:31:11 am by mamefreak2 »

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 08:34:03 pm »
Hi there

Sorry for the delay in reply. Net access is difficult for me at the moment.

For ideas on your screen layout simply use the existing themes as a reference. Album covers tend to be 300x300 bit they get slightly resized when loaded.

Thanks for your contribution and work,
 :applaud:

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »
Hi there

For ideas on your screen layout simply use the existing themes as a reference. Album covers tend to be 300x300 bit they get slightly resized when loaded.

Thanks for your contribution and work,
 :applaud:
I'm running into a snag here. My zaxxon images are in photopaint. I can't export them to .gif without a huge loss in quality. I've also tried to open the existing skins you have to try to size from it but again the .gif portion gives me problems.

If you give me the dimensions to start with, I can at least size the zaxxon theme correctly. Then at least it's just a conversion problem. I'm not an expert at this stuff but I'm good enough to be dangerous.

The other option is that I can send you the images somehow and you can make the changes if you know how to do this. Let me know.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2012, 08:44:29 pm »
Hi there

Your Zaxxon skin looks a promising start. I cant wait to see the finished theme.

For ideas on your screen layout simply use the existing theme as a reference. Use paint.net, photoshop or any other art package that allows layers and build your skin over an existing one. This will make sure your elements are positioned correctly.

All background images must be 800x600. Album covers tend to be 300x300 bit they get slightly resized when loaded. I know Gif can be a problem but careful reduction in color from a jpg to 256 colors can look ok. Dont know why I actually went with Gifs in the first place  ;D.

When creating  new layouts i open an existing theme in Paint.net and add a layer on top of i and draw on the new layer. Being able to see the existing theme under makes it easier to line things up. Things like group icons, etc dont have to be a set size. As long as you state the size in the .ini file they will ok.

Thanks for your contribution and work

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »
Hi,

I tried using the MAME skin but unfortunately couldn't get it to work. Not sure why this is as my other skins work just fine. Here is the jukecade log. Let me know what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks!

01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Welcome to Jukecade...
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Checking for 'Press Start' font is installed
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Font is installed
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading User key definitions (\settings\keys.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Keys loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading joystick definitions (\settings\keys.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - joystick loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading Media Location Paths (\settings\media.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Media Location Paths set
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Reading Program Defaults (\settings\jukecade.ini)
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Defaults loaded
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Attract videos found 11
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Loading Main skin C:\JukeCade\Jukecade\skins\MAME\mainbkg.gif
01/05/2012 11:14:26 AM - Problem loading skin \settings\skin.ini -(C:\JukeCade\Jukecade\skins\MAME\mainbkg.gif)
01/05/2012 11:14:28 AM - Program stopped - Error detected
01/05/2012 11:14:28 AM - Exiting Jukecade...

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying....

Try these:

1) Probably not the problem: Try opening the mainbkg.gif in an art package to make sure the file has not become corrupt.

2) More than likely the problem: Check your path as something seems a little wrong. Is Jukecade actually stored in C:\Jukecade or C:\Jukecade\Jukecade ? Make sure the MAME skin is actually stored in the correct folder. Is it in the same folder as the rest?

3) Vertical Jukecade with MAME skin - try changing vmainbkg.gif in to mainbkg.gif

Hope this sorts your problem

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2012, 08:47:26 pm »
hello everybody.
i would like to test your fantastic juke on my cab.

jukecade start probably with other resolution and screen is impossible to  see.

my question is if it's possible to change jukecade resolution

thanx
Hi there

Sorry for the delay in answering your question:

"i would like to test your fantastic juke on my cab.
"

At the moment Jukecade only works with the resolution of 800x600. I hope to release a 640x480 version sometime in the future as its seems to be the default resolution on Arcade Monitors, My cab uses a large PC LCD so 800x600 was ideal for me.

Watch this space or my website for announcements.

Regards

dph84

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2012, 10:40:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2012, 09:11:10 pm »
Would it be possible to make the splash screen on startup look a little bit simpler, to fit in better with the rest of my mame frontend?  Maybe just a simple text box?

I see the need for the startup screen, but the exit screen is kinda annoying and doesn't really need to be there.  Would it be hard to simply remove it?

Thanks very much
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:47:42 pm by dph84 »

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2012, 11:50:36 pm »
Hey Jukecade,

I'm using your software in my cabinet... works great and folks absolutely love it. Thanks.

I have now got a new home computer and have decided to load it up on this one too. Unfortunately, I'm running into some issues and your help page is no longer posted over at MameAddicts so I'm kinda stuck.

When I load Jukecade up everything seems off center and the resolution is clearly off. I'm using an older monitor and my resolution is 1680x1050. I've tried messing with the resolution settings on my computer but it hasn't changed anything. I went into the settings Notepad and tried the option of putting 'N' under allowing Jukecade to change resolutions... did not work. It popped up in a small window in the corner of my monitor.

Any suggestions here? I'd love to get it running on my home computer. Thanks.

Also... is Mameaddicts going to be re-posting your pages? Hope so because it was nice having the guide there. If they aren't, my suggestion would be to include those pages as a PDF in future releases.

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 02:54:57 am »
Is this project dead?
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »
I'm hoping somebody out there using Jukecade has the answer to this question. I believe it used to be answered on the help page over at Mame Addicts (but the help page has been taken down.)

Anyways, here are the screen shots of what's happening. Normally when Jukecade launches it's a cropped version of the logo. However, when I launch it the Jukecade logo is surrounded by a white box here:

Then once it starts up all the CD covers are messed up. Nothing seems to be sized right except the background.

It looks like the creator of the program isn't posting much anymore but I'd like to keep using it if I can. Anyone have a fix for this?

egitto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2013, 04:13:45 pm
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2013, 03:57:49 pm »
Good evening everyone and sorry for the trouble and my English.
Congratulations it is fantastic.
Could I make a request?
Would it be possible to add the function to load the playlist from a directory?
thank you very much

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »
Really cool project, hats off to you.
You guys inspire me.

jonogo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2013, 05:09:11 pm
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »
Excellent looking project, can't wait to try it out.

Anyone know if this project is dead or is the OP still updating it?  Website @ mameaddicts is dead at the moment.