Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JUKECADE, A Jukebox designed for MAME cabinets (uses mame controls)  (Read 82571 times)

Jukecade

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2017, 04:39:18 pm
Hi all

First just want to say I hope this is the right place to post this. If not I'm sure the admin will move it.

I just want to share a project I have been working on. Its a Jukebox for my MAME cabinet which I have called Jukecade. After looking at lots of software available I could not find anything that really was designed for use in a arcade cabinet along with my MAME system. Most relyed on touch screen, keyboard or mouse control. I wanted a jukebox that I could fully control via a joystick and 3 buttons. Something simple and easy to use. I wasn’t interested in internet charts, cd burn and other bloaterware which many software insist on including. If I could view a video, listen to music tracks or my favorite downloaded radio comedy shows & Audio books** I would be happy.

My specifications were: had to be skinable, fully controllable via joystick (IPAC or USB Gamepad hack)& 3 buttons (using the same ‘keys’ as MAME), able to play Music, videos and downloaded Radio shows & Audio books** via Windows Media Player & my installed codecs. That’s it. No other functions were needed as far as I was concerned. The result is Jukecade. I’m not saying it’s a commercial quality product or even a finished product. It will be always updated or rewritten. In fact this was my first Visual Basic programming exercise so expect bad coding and bugs!

(** Although I have chosen Radio for the third media category there is no reason why you cannot use this for other types such as Karaoke instead. Simply change the Radio file filter in media.ini to "*.cdg" instead of "*.mp3" and set the Radio path to your Karaoke folder. Use a Paint package to alter the Radio "Button" label. (You may need to install a Karaoke codec to your Windows Media Player to use CDG files.)

Everything is very customable: Ie freeplay, credits per coin, on screen instructions on/off, gamepad/keyboard control (Definable keys/buttons), Plays whatever your WMP supports, Attract video on/off, random or set skin on load, etc, etc.

Would anyone be interested in a free copy to evaluate or simply help in some way?

Jukecade main program (v1.01)  (March07 - Now upgraded to v1.02 (See post below for details of what is new)
----------------------
Main program at:   http://www.mediafire.com/?6no3rh68f1m8q8c

(includes PACMAN and ARKANOID Skins) (apx 26mb)

Skins - (install under the skins folder)
-----------------------------------
Jukebox skin at: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b5005g7/n/skin_jukebox.zip   (apx 3mb)
                 or http://www.mediafire.com/?q63q6iayvltpr3q
Gals Panic skin at: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b500613/n/skin_galspanic.zip  (apx 3mb)
               or http://www.mediafire.com/?ciubmcm40j8mcru
Sexy Parodius skin at: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b50061f/n/skin_sexyparodius.zip   (apx 4mb)
           or http://www.mediafire.com/?1963xuip3dc3dty

(Update Mar2011 - All Jukecade & skins folder http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni)

Below are some sample screen grabs from the various skins available:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:22:06 pm by Jukecade »
Jukecade - The Jukebox for your MAME Cabinet

Fordman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 11:20:27 am
  • MADE in the USA
Re: Simple controls Jukebox Program
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »
Zip it up, attach it to your post and let the community decide if they like it!

Fordman

EDIT: Use Install Creator from ClickTeam to make an installer. Pretty straight forward to use and and its free. You do have the added on 'Buy me to remove this nag screen' at the end of each install, but does the job you want and has no time or use limits. http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/downloads/index/10 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:20:03 pm by Fordman »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »
I'd be happy to try it out!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 02:54:48 am »
Links added to my original post...

JohnEDollar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2015, 06:36:55 pm
  • Keep it Smooth...
Re: JUKECADE, A Jukebox designed for MAME cabinets (uses mame controls)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:07:19 pm »
Looks promising!

I'll download the app, and check it out!

- John

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2013, 07:04:31 pm
    • The Ultimate 80's Tribute Band
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:06:13 am »
Does it work with Windows 7 64 bit? If so I think I'll try it out, looks cool, thanks so much, we need some new product in this category.   :applaud:

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »
Does it work with Windows 7 64 bit? If so I think I'll try it out, looks cool, thanks so much, we need some new product in this category.   :applaud:

I programmed it using Visual Basic 6.0 on 32bit Windows 7 starter and it seems to run ok for me. I dont have any 64bit PC's to test it on so cant say for sure. You may have to run it in a compatability mode such as Xp SP3  but I'm not sure. Sorry I cant be of much help with your inquiry. The only thing I know can cause problems with Windows 7 is with the permissions system. The software writes a media database and log files so installing it in C:\program files\ may cause problems unless you give the program full read/write permissions. I run it from Drive D: so dont come across it myself.

I hope it works for you and you enjoy using it.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 10:58:13 pm »
New Jukecade skin added:

MR DO!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ky7glzeku0kcc0h/mr_do_skin.zip  or
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b5753e0/n/mr_do_skin.zip

Also can anyone recommend a free (FTP access - no stupid online webbuilders) webhost. I've been working on a website for my Jukecade project giving details, download links, installation information plus MAME & Maximus Arcade info & projects?

Thank you... ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:16:25 pm by Jukecade »

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »
I had a chance to mess around with the program today and I dig it, hard to believe it was your first foray into this kind of programming, I think you did a nice job. A couple of suggestions if you are open to them.

1. it would be good if there was a button that opened up a gui where a user could change button assignments, skins, etc. It would make the program more user friendly and intuitive.

2. Might want to alter the graphics to make navigation more intuitive too as it took me a while to figure out that I had to press my joystick to the right until the pac man ghost turned to a pac man before I could move to a new tab of CD's. Some text might be useful there or a key at the bottom.

3. On my Wells Gardner DG9800 which is one of the newest arcade monitors the headings of play list, music videos, etc. are hard to read. I think the font is just too small. I wonder if the real estate being used above for the pac man ghosts could instead be used to enlarge things. If the classic game theme of each skin is integral to your program (it is called Jukecade after all) then perhaps the CD cases could be slightly smaller to make it more legible, or perhaps it could be definable by the user if he held his cursor between the playlist window and the CD artwork window and one was allowed to drag the screen size in either direction thus making it more visible based on the users preference.

4. If there are no credits the words INSERT COIN should flash in the lower left hand corner if possible. Several times I was sure the program stopped working for me and it was just that I was out of pretend money. This could perhaps be defeatable in the GUI under options? For those of us with arcade cabinets with a fake coin slot mechanism it makes sense.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. A nice video tutorial might entice more people to try it out too but I would suggest doing that once a GUI is in place so there are things to demonstrate and show off.

Thanks for  your efforts man! They are definitely appreciated by the community.

lcddream

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2020, 06:56:49 pm
  • Say goodbye to gravity...
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 06:19:53 am »
Looks pretty awesome! Does mouse input work to scroll? ie - spinner?

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »
Looks pretty awesome! Does mouse input work to scroll? ie - spinner?

Hi

The current version does not support a mouse or spinner. If you have a joystick and three buttons (or a gamepad) then you can access all the functions of Jukecade.

Cheers

New Skin available - Gauntlet (780kb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni  or
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cac109e/n/gauntlet.zip

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
JUKECADE upgraded to v1.02
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:23:12 pm »
Hi all

I just upgraded Jukecade to v1.02

WHATS NEW:
V1.02 - Shows Credits status on Track select and queue screens
- Volume control alters the Windows environment sound level rather than just the WMP sound level
- Added Default volume setting in Sounds.ini so that Jukecade sets a default level on load
- Fixed Out of Bounds 6 error message on Attract video seconds setting (when more than 34 seconds)
- Increased Font size on cover description
New program
- Added settings.exe which is a GUI allowing easy edit of the settings ini files rather than using Notepad or similar

v1.01 to v1.02 Upgrade files only:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ckcab5wp0oap64

Fully installation:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6no3rh68f1m8q8c

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:26:13 pm by Jukecade »

edub

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2014, 06:06:57 pm
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:58 am »
Jukecade,

It's always great to see people attempt to locate a program with specific needs in mind, maybe not find exactly what they want, then just go develop it themselves. Wow - my hats off to you.

I do plan to download and play with Jukecade. I am building a MAME cabinet and wanted to add a jukebox (under Maximus Arcade FE) to organize and play my mp3s.

After some research, it seems that dw-jukebox is a good fit. I know I'm asking a "biased" person this question, but what, in your opinion, differentiates your program from dw-jukebox? I'm not looking for slams or negative feedback on another utility (and developer) and I'm not looking to start a pissing match...just curious as to how you see the differences. To me, anyone who develops their own program deserves quite a bit of respect from those of us who have NOT attempted it.

I realize I could download both and "play", but sometimes it takes awhile to understand the true benefits of every capability because they are "hidden" or my basic understanding just isn't enough. If you go to the "developer", you get more detailed and enthusiastic responses.

I am using the basic 2-player CP with 7 buttons per joystick, spinner, trackball and a few admin buttons.

Also, my MAME pc is networked to a drive in another room that contains my mp3s (in iTunes library - I realize they are mp4 files). I am looking for a juke that can possibly play the mp4 files (which would require iTunes native on the MAME pc) via the network. I could, though, without much effort, convert 200-250+ songs to mp3 and store them on the MAME local drive (not as elegant, but doable). I realize your product uses WMP as the player - any plans to use iTunes or is it possible to use iTunes as the player and pull the songs off a networked drive?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide...
Cheers,
edub

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »
Jukecade,

It's always great to see people attempt to locate a program with specific needs in mind, maybe not find exactly what they want, then just go develop it themselves. Wow - my hats off to you.

I do plan to download and play with Jukecade. I am building a MAME cabinet and wanted to add a jukebox (under Maximus Arcade FE) to organize and play my mp3s.

After some research, it seems that dw-jukebox is a good fit. I know I'm asking a "biased" person this question, but what, in your opinion, differentiates your program from dw-jukebox? I'm not looking for slams or negative feedback on another utility (and developer) and I'm not looking to start a pissing match...just curious as to how you see the differences. To me, anyone who develops their own program deserves quite a bit of respect from those of us who have NOT attempted it.

I realize I could download both and "play", but sometimes it takes awhile to understand the true benefits of every capability because they are "hidden" or my basic understanding just isn't enough. If you go to the "developer", you get more detailed and enthusiastic responses.

I am using the basic 2-player CP with 7 buttons per joystick, spinner, trackball and a few admin buttons.

Also, my MAME pc is networked to a drive in another room that contains my mp3s (in iTunes library - I realize they are mp4 files). I am looking for a juke that can possibly play the mp4 files (which would require iTunes native on the MAME pc) via the network. I could, though, without much effort, convert 200-250+ songs to mp3 and store them on the MAME local drive (not as elegant, but doable). I realize your product uses WMP as the player - any plans to use iTunes or is it possible to use iTunes as the player and pull the songs off a networked drive?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide...

Hi there, jukecade here

I am a big fan of DWJukebox, in fact I used to have it installed but I always felt I could write something more suitable to my needs. (I can also recommend Uncle-T Jukebox (Touchscreen) or e-touch jukebox (touchscreen).)

Cons (for me)
-----

- To use it DW properly it would required additional buttons to be added to your cab (0-9, < >, Coin, etc) or a touch screen to work it nicely. You can use a joystick and buttons seeing what is selected was hard to see.
- The Album display didn't seem to work for me very well. I suspect it as something to do with the MP3 information.
- Only had one category - so You could only have Music. Jukecade has 3 (Music, video and Radio/Karaoke) and can play Karaoke with the right codec.

Pros
-----
- Skinable so you design a look for it. (lots of skins available)
- Nice "record scratch" noise as track is played
- DOS and Windows version available
- Been round for a while so most bugs should be sorted
- Easy to use

Regarding Network - I dont have one setup so cant tell you if either does work on a network but as long as you can "Map" a drive letter to your network media location you should be fine for both.

Regarding MP4, WMP will happily play this file format with the codec installed. www. cccp-project .net (remove spaces) have a codec pack which allows WMP to play almost everything so you dont need ITunes installed.

Conclusion
----------
Its really down to how you feel about your software of choice. I love my Jukecade because it was written for me by me to suite my needs and of my cabinet.  I just released it for general download for others to share but it wasn't actually written with others in mind (some people may find it too basic because it doesn't offer lots extras) . If people like it and enjoy using it on their cabinet then that is great. If they don't like it and decide to use something else then that's great too. The others I mentioned above are really good jukeboxes but I didn't want to have to add lots of extra buttons or install a touch screen or have something with features that I would never need or use. Please try them out as you may find they are for you.

Hope this helps you decide..

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »
Jukecade,
I'm sorry I'm late to the party and just found out about your latest release. I noticed a few of the improvements were things you and I discussed before so I'm looking forward to checking it out, especially the GUI.

I think the fact that your software is simpler than some of the other offerings is a plus. For us MAME cabinet guys who just want to be able to fire up some tunes and do so while keeping things in the spirit of classic gaming your offering is excellent. I'll assume all I need to do is overwrite the old files with the latest files correct?

I'll report back once I've gotten to play with it some, I'm very excited!   :applaud:

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:33 pm »
Jukecade,
I'm sorry I'm late to the party and just found out about your latest release. I noticed a few of the improvements were things you and I discussed before so I'm looking forward to checking it out, especially the GUI.

I think the fact that your software is simpler than some of the other offerings is a plus. For us MAME cabinet guys who just want to be able to fire up some tunes and do so while keeping things in the spirit of classic gaming your offering is excellent. I'll assume all I need to do is overwrite the old files with the latest files correct?

I'll report back once I've gotten to play with it some, I'm very excited!   :applaud:

Basically just overwrite your old jukecade.exe BUT please read the readme file as you need to add a line to one of the INI files for the opening volume function to work. I hope these improvements help cover what we discussed.

Have fun....

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
New ATTRACT videos for Jukecade Jukebox
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 03:31:45 am »
 :cheers:Hi Guys

Just to let you all know I made a couple of new Attract videos for the Jukebox. Simply download, unzip and replace the default one installed.

1. Asian Dancing girls - (22mb, 1m 11secs 640x480)

2. Shadow dancers - (12mb, 30secs, 640x480)

These and all my Jukecade Jukebox stuff can be found at: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni

Enjoy

P.S. I'm looking for a home for my Jukecade project. If you know a good free FTP access Webhost then please drop me an e-mail. Thank you

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 08:20:15 am »
I would recommend sending "Saint" a PM since he most likely will provide you some free space on BYOAC as well as a Forum link at the top of the page for members to access directly (ie: so all your Jukecade posts can go into your own forum).  Worked great for me for years.

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:01 pm »
Hi all

New skin available for Jukecade Jukebox - Bubble Bobble. Download from the usual place (http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni) and unzip it in to the skins folder.all

Enjoy

P.S. Still looking for a Home for my Jukecade Project. Needs to be Free and FTP access. Still waiting to see if Saint will give me web space but for now I'm still looking for elsewhere. Thanks all.

darthpaul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2022, 07:34:53 pm
  • Join, It's your duty
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 05:36:46 pm »
So far so good, not much time left to play around with it this weekend.
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side"
Automated Cabinet
Nintendo Pi
PiCubed

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »
Hi Guys

Just to let you all know I made a couple of new Donkey Kong theme for the Jukecade project.

These and all my Jukecade Jukebox stuff can be found at: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 11:26:12 pm »
 :applaud:Hi All

Just want to announce that thanks to the kind people at MAMEADDICTS.COM I now have a home for my JUKECADE Website. Please come over and take a look. Future projects announcements/update will still be made here, at mameaddicts.com and on my website....

Offical Jukecade Website: http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/

* Intro to the Jukecade project
* Full user guide and instructions
* Samples
* Maximus Arcade stuff
* MAME stuff

JUKECADE The only Jukebox you need for your MAME Cabinet! (now v 1.02)

JohnEDollar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2015, 06:36:55 pm
  • Keep it Smooth...
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:17 am »
Jukeade:

Just installed, and tried out Jukecade 1.02.  Great Program!!  :applaud: :applaud:

Very intuitive, and easy to use!

Keep up the good work!  (You've got a winner here!)  :cheers:

- John

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:00 am »
Just to let you all know I made a new Attract video for the Jukebox, this time based on MAME Arcade games. Simply download, unzip and replace the default one installed.

320 x 240 29mb, 2m 1secs

Enjoy

Now you can preview the Attract Videos before you download. Go to my website screen shots page at http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/screenshots.html and click the thumbnail picture to see a preview..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:45:25 pm by Jukecade »

lastrega

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2012, 12:18:19 pm
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 03:39:54 am »
Hello Sir, I love your juke box, and the ease of use, the only problem I have is that I am having a hard time with the database.  When I attempt to build my data base it gives an error and stop in my "D" folder........ I was using the SK jukebox, but I like yours so much better...... ANy tips or advice would be great.....     does it help to say that my music library is quite huge. I have over 28,000 I am trying to load, so when it crashes on dishwalla in fact, it is like at somewhwere in the neiborhood of 3,200 or so....
I know that the sk and skg Jukeboxes you have to set them to accept a large library, is that what I need to do, and if so how do you set it? thanks and great work it is truly the best free one I have seen........ TY

PS I just moved the dishwalla folder completly and it does the stop and crash right after so I am pretty sure it has to do with the size of my collection:)

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 10:05:34 pm »
Hi there

Im sorry you are having problems.  I only have less than 300 albums in my set up so haven't experienced any database errors so far.

I took a look at the VB program and it seems to only like 32767 different records in each media database (which records = albums, videos or radio files -number of tracks is unlimited) as I used an Integer value instead of a Long value in the database. This will be fixed in the next release of the software. For a fix for now I guess you should split your collection in to 3 and spread it over the Music, Video and Radio Tabs. (Not ideal I know but maybe just a quick fix).

Possible other program updates - Everyones feedback please!

* Random play of different attract videos (wmv's stored in the Attract folder)
* Skip to next tract function on Video zoom screen
* Volume control function on video zoom screen (Affects video zoom screen only)

* Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:29:00 pm by Jukecade »

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
New OLD JUKEBOX Skin
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 12:01:42 am »
New Old Style Jukebox Skin

Postby jukecade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 pm
Hi All

Another Jukecade Jukebox skin has just been added:

OLD STYLE JUKEBOX

(Video shows a black n white music video - will show color on a color video

Available from the usual place - http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni

Simply unzip the folder to your \jukecade\skins\ folder. Once unzipped alter the \jukecade\settings\skin.ini to point to the new skin or use the settings program to select the new skin...

Enjoy...

P.S. Still waiting for your feedback regarding my past post......

lastrega

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »
Love the idea of random play of vids. I had in mind of when my cab is in jukebox mode, that it play old 80's tv commercials.......(when not active of course) and no other jukebox software has that feature........ so it would make your great program better....... I also hope you fix the database issue. I must admit I have not put it back into use till that gets fixed...... No offence I love it and WILL use it eventully, but the thought of breaking my collection into pieces gives my pain:( but I will be awaitng the next release with vigor..... Great work btw.......

and my idea of an improvment, would be a search feature that uses the same simple 3 button config........ For folks such as I that have LARGE collections , it would be easier than going from A to Z in seven minutes.......( the time it takes on SKG Jukebox, without using the letter adavance...... and SKG search only works with mouse or touchscreen........ yours does not and is the Bomb:)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:32 pm »
Is there support for VERTICAL oriented monitor set ups?   Vertical skins?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

lastrega

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 12:16:46 am »
I was bummed at first too when I saw no horizontal support.... But, I just made my own skin at 768x1360. He made the software VERY easy to alter the locations of everything, so I just alter the locations to match my vert skin.... So , yes there IS vert support. (but it requires a lot of custom set up for it work.... but worth it in my opion:)    hope that helps

lastrega

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 02:24:12 am »
ok my last post was , sadly....Wrong............. I spent a few days making a beautiful vert theme for jukecade, and oddly enough it will not take the setting and defualts back to 800X600....... it wont stretch? I used a vert gif and replaced the 8x6 background with my own vert background.... anyway I am sure this is a simple fix.......... so suggestion number 2, please add a custom display page or add the ability to use more than one resolution:)  maily some verts so folks like me , whom prefer cocktails.... more than half a screen:)  thanks again I really like your box, I think once the kinks are out it will be an exellent addition to my cab and many others:) 

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
Vertical display
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 08:09:21 pm »
Hi all

thanks for the feedback. V1.03 is almost ready and introduces a few of the suggestions given. regarding vertical display I'll be honest and say I'm not too sure how to go about it properly. You see if MAME you can rotate the display 90o left and right to make vertical games use the whole screen or you can sometimes alter the settings in your graphics card or windows desktop to rotate BUT what is standard for rotation - 90o left or 90o right or no rotation but set the desktop resolution to something like 600x800 or 768x1024 instead of 800x600 or 1024x768. You can see I am a little confused about it.

Lastrega I would love to see your skin you designed - maybe it could be the default for the vertical version of Jukecade. Any chance of mailing it to me?

Thanks all

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
v1.3 of Jukecade Jukebox now available
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:54 pm »
Hi all

Just want to tell you that version 1.3 of Jukecade jukebox is now available for download.

* Whats new *

V1.03 - Now will randomly play any attract video stored in the AttractVideos folder regardless of video format
      - Fixed bug that only allowed 32767 albums, videos or radio program folders to be stored in the media database
      - General tidy up of interface (Covers now lined up correctly, etc)
      - Programs now have icons rather than.ico files
      - Exits more cleanly
      - Errors are now trapped and error splash screen shown
      - Freeplay no longer decreases credits & "Free play" shown on track selection screen
      - Fixed bug in settings.exe where moving the joypad update the wrong settings
      - Can now rebuilt the media database from the settings.exe program

New features:
      - Now added a SEARCH MEDIA option
      - In Video Zoom screen button 3 now skips to the next song
      - In Video Zoom screen moving the joytick up and down will alta the volume level

There are two versions available on the download site: v1.2 to v1.3 upgrade is for users who already are using v1.2 and a full v1.3 download.

PLEASE NOTE: After upgrading you MUST rebuild your Media Database otherwise Jukecade will NOT work properly.

Available from the usual place - http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni

Remember: Always backup your v1.2 programs and data before installing v1.3!

Coming soon JukecadeV - For you Vertical screen users - Watch this space!

lastrega

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 12:08:26 am »
well alright:) you rock, my friend......... Ya know if more software vendors were like you and Arzoo(the ledblinky guy), and actully listened to the people using the software, then this world would be a damb better place......... thank you , thank you , and thank you........I can't wait for jukecadeV since I run a cocktail..... but these improvements are soooooooooooooo awesome and thank you sooooooooo much, I would recomend you to anyone, and if you desire a donation I will gladly give it:) it is that good.......... in fact here me all, for a coin based cab or multi function cab............IT'S THAT GOOD simple , 3 button config, no confusing setups, great compatibilty, and most of all a damb good software guy who actully listens to his peeps,.   Ya know if Apple had more enginers like you than Microsoft would really be scared:)       good job:)................... ML :cheers:

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
VERTIAL Edition of jukecade jukebox (600x800 pixels)
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 12:38:08 am »
Hi All

I am pleased to announce a VERTICAL edition of Jukecade Jukebox for all those of you who use Vertical displayed on their MAME Cab.

Comes with all the features as V1.03 standard version but supports 600x800 pixel portrait ratio (Sorry lastrega you'll have to resize your skin!). Sample Vertical Arkanoid skin is included.

Available from this download:  http://www.mediafire.com/?n2g454f0gz2ni - see vjukecade_v1.03.zip

Remember to change your PC display to Portrait mode and 600x800 pixel resolution for it to display correctly.

See my website or enclosed instructions for installation and user guide - Official Jukecade Website: http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/
Enjoy...

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2019, 10:29:47 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm using Jukecade and I'm really impressed with it. It's very easy to use and I (and my young daughter) love it. The video game skins are a great idea and it's perfect for Mame cabs... great job on this!

One quick question for you though, we are using the Pac-Man skin and we've noticed that when we select a video to play it starts up just fine in the bottom left corner of the screen but if we switch to another album to start selecting songs from the music continues but the video disappears. 

The video is fine if we continue to add songs from the same album and its fine if we're in the main menu but as soon as we select another album to start choosing songs from the video is gone. Is there any way to fix this or is the program just designed that way?

Either way, the program is amazing and you've done a great job with the skins too. Keep up the good work!

quintinbiker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2012, 12:47:18 am
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 07:44:46 am »
Hi there

I downloaded it but vb6 error thing pops up when i want to run the settings gui thing, i installed vb6 runtime but it doesn't help :(
Life is your game
How you win determines your score
How you loose determines your credits
But to play the game you have to have real credits.

That's why I'm
GAME OVER
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
LIVE TO RIDE
RIDE TO LIVE
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Biker born, Biker Bread, When I Die I'm Biker Dead
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

mamefreak2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2019, 10:29:47 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »
Hey,

Just noticed a crashing bug with this. If you go into Radio and don't have any tracks loaded up it will crash if try to advance to the next page. I may try to load up some stuff in this section to see if it's still a problem but right now the whole system crashes if you do this.

Edit: Okay, I populated 'Radio' with some content and the crashing no longer occurs. No worries on that issue. However, I can't select any of the albums that I've created in the Radio section. Not sure why this is.... 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:21:23 pm by mamefreak2 »

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:09 am »
Hi there

Thanks for trying my software.

The problem you may be having is that your folder structure or Media filter may not be set correctly. Please go to my Jukecade website and take a quick look through the Installation guide:

http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your interest...

Jukecade

Jukecade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 12:18:41 am »
Hi there

I downloaded it but vb6 error thing pops up when i want to run the settings gui thing, i installed vb6 runtime but it doesn't help :(

Hi there.

Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? If you are VB6 has problems running so you have to ensure the Main program and Setting program are being run in WIn XP Service pack 3 Compatibility mode and as Administrator.  If that fails please make sure you have all the VB6 Run time files installed - See M/S website for downloads. You can also use Notepad to alter the settings. Just go to \JoystixArcade\Jukecade\Settings and you will see a few .ini files - these are the config files. For more info an altering these files please see my installation guide at http://jukecade.mameaddicts.com/.

If that fails please send me a copy of the error you get.

Thanks

Jukecade