Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question Regarding Glass Monitor Cover  (Read 1463 times)

Yourname942

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2016, 08:10:20 pm
Question Regarding Glass Monitor Cover
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:10:03 am »
How do you guys hold up the glass that goes in front of the Monitor?

After researching a bit, I'm deciding to buy smoked glass as apposed to plexi/lexan. But How do you make it stay in place inside your cabinet? I'd like to know before attempting and having to replace a broken sheet of glass.  :)

Thanks.

Richardgregory

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2021, 01:15:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Question Regarding Glass Monitor Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:37 am »
Doesn't it normally just slide up and then rest into a groove of the control panel?  You might need to install/glue a piece of T mold or something so that the glass can sit in it.

Someone else might probably be better to answer this however since i"m sure there are better ways.

monkey puzzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 02:11:59 pm
Re: Question Regarding Glass Monitor Cover
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »
I did it like this:
The bottom rests in a groove in the monitor shelf. The groove is lined with a foam strip. You don't see the monitor shelf because the bit in front of the glass is covered by the control panel top.
The top of the glass is sandwiched between the speaker shelf and a brace behind that. Once again I used foam strip so that the wood is not touching the glass directly. Hope this makes sense.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm