Main > Consoles

Welcome to Consoles

<< < (4/4)

SavannahLion:

--- Quote from: ROMbler on August 22, 2005, 10:50:06 am ---
--- Quote from: tommy on February 08, 2005, 05:27:08 pm ---i ve heard of a way to get my gamecube to play on my computer lcd, where could i find a vga adapter for this purpose

--- End quote ---

lik-sang.com has a few vga converters plus some other GC goodies.

--- End quote ---

For future reference, Lik-Sang is no longer in business. :cry:
They have been sued out of existence by none other than SONY  :angry:

RoomTenONine:

--- Quote from: tommy on February 08, 2005, 05:27:08 pm ---i ve heard of a way to get my gamecube to play on my computer lcd, where could i find a vga adapter for this purpose

--- End quote ---

I have one of the official ones, not sure where I got it.  i did used to order from Lik-Sang, so it could have come from them (stupid Sony).  FYI, it only works with progressive scan games and you can't see the memory card/system screen as that runs in 480i.

katoytoy:
I bought a V-Digi VD-Z3 RGB to VGA transcoder at the urging of the Yellow Dog Linux forums and it took some, uh lots, of fiddling with toggle switches and eventually gave a very reliable 720p signal for gaming on an older tube monitor.  It gave a somewhat reliable 1080p if you started the system up in 720p and THEN switched to 1080p in settings.  It also found displaying pure white bordered screens undisplayable and would cut signal until the white went away.  It cost $70 from Ebay and is no longer being sold by VDigi (because it circumvented HDCP, I thinks).  It was cost effective then, but I'm not sure if it's cost effective now. 
If you're looking for HD console displays you need an HDTV tuner or find a sticker or marking somewhere on the display that say HDCP compliant. 

kaspar:
YEEAAH!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version