Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Donkey Kong 2 Artwork  (Read 2670 times)

Kangum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2018, 07:46:20 am
Donkey Kong 2 Artwork
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:53:11 pm »
I was wondering if the custom donkey kong 2 art files are available anywhere. I know this is not an official nintendo release but I really like the artwork for it. If i was building a full upright cab I would try and purchase the artwork but i am looking to convert the images to a custom image for a coctail cabinet. so buying the prints would not help me in this case. that is if it is even still for sale. I dont see to many donkey kong 2 bartops or coctails so im assuming the artwork that was made for it was not made public.

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Re: Donkey Kong 2 Artwork
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »
To my knowledge, not made public. To my knowledge, kind of a sore point.  :angry:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

rikitiki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
Re: Donkey Kong 2 Artwork
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »
no it has not been made public. There were/are several reasons and certainly nothing to be sore about.
But alot of time and money was invested to originally silkscreen this art and although not an "official" Nintendo release I had extensive talks with them about the dos and donts involving this art so it has been kept private to protect that in respect.
Im more than happy to help anyone and everyone wishing to do something customized with the art and
I do offer a cocktail set and soon a cabraet version and a cpo for a Dk3 cp.
so Im always open to new ideas to continue to help make the art avaialble for those and there projects.

http://www.thisoldgame.com/products/donkey-kong-ii-cocktail-art-package
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:04:23 pm by rikitiki »
Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com