Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Fore! Complete - Green board problem  (Read 2820 times)

AracadeCrazy

• Trade Count: (0)
Golden Tee Fore! Complete - Green board problem
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:27 pm »
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I have a Golden Tee Fore! Complete green board that recently stopped working.  The game used to work just fine but now I don't get any reaction, no sound, no video, nada.  The power supply is working fine and the hard drive is also spinning.  There is LED light activity on the board, the problem is that the Status 1 light remains a solid green and doesn't blink like it should (and like the Status 2 light does).  I spoke to the guys at IT and did the trick of holding down the Start button while powering on the machine, this gave me an error status code of 6 flashes on the Status 1 LED, which according to the guy at IT is a problem with the ram and most likely a bad trace, but that's the extent of the information they could give me.  I know that's a lot of info, but my question is, has anyone run into a similar problem?  I've checked the board for broken traces and have been checking the continuity of the ram traces as well and so far they are testing in tact.  There are a ton of traces to check for the ram and I wanted to see if anyone else had any other suggestions or knew of a place/person in the Cleveland, OH area that could fix the problem before I spent countless more hours trying to navigate the traces.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.