Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Atari space riders help  (Read 1788 times)

EWHOLTZCLAW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2011, 12:28:21 pm
Atari space riders help
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »
I bought an atari space riders about two weeks ago. the guy i bought it from said that it didnt work and when we plugged it in at his house it just mde a loud humming noise through the speaker. when i got it home i lifted the playfield and unplugged all of the plugs and cleaned em with a cleaner lubricant and plugged em back in. it then made all the noises it should and would play alright. Only half of the lights would come on tho and some were pretty dim. ive been researching what little info i can find onlne and was trying to check voltages with my meter and i think i might have fried something. all the lights went out but the fuses look good. its missing one flipper and one solenoid to kick the ball out of a hole but i got those parts on order. I just dont know whats going on with this board to see if i fried something or how to fix it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this is my first machine so im learning as i go.

EWHOLTZCLAW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2011, 12:28:21 pm
Re: Atari space riders help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »
well it seems that no matter what im doing, either just turning it on or am playing it the lights in the top right corner dont come on and a few others across the middle. also i think i might have done what you did lol. I was tinkering with the power on. I was trying to test voltage on the board that is on the left wall of the machine and something popped and all of the lights wont work now. This is my first machine like I so im probably gonna be a little dumb for a bit. do you know what i might have done?