Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to add a PS2?  (Read 1763 times)

wonderalex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2019, 06:29:10 pm
How to add a PS2?
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:55 pm »
Hi there,

I've got an old PS2 lying around and I've been wondering how and if I can incorporate it into my upcoming PC-MAME cab.  Basically I want to know if its feasible to switch between the two using the same CP and also how to do it.

Any insights or am I making my life difficult for nothing?

WonderAlex

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: How to add a PS2?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:52 am »

Using our PSX control and video adaptors you can switch between a PC and PS2 using a standard KVM switch. You can switch the sound as well if you get a KVM switch which does this.

wonderalex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:23 pm »
Thanks for the tip Andy, but will that handle u360's?

I've already go a switcher for the video/audio so I'm not worried about that (cab will have a PC Monitor).

At worst I'll incorporate it with separate controllers.

WonderAlex

WhereEaglesDare

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:26:12 pm »
how big a monitor do you have to use?  Why not use a TV?

wonderalex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:46:19 am »
Good question.

Thing is I'm retrofitting an old gutted Williams Cab - a larger TV or Monitor (I almost placed a 22in CRT in there) would not fit nicely - the 19in was best.

So - since I can't seem to find a decent arcade monitor, TV or old "fish-bowl" CRT pc monitor I've opted for my old 19in flat CRT (Flatron) monitor - since it's free and gosh darn it - it's a great monitor (that I forgot I had).

I've connected my PS2 and (now dead) XBOX to my 22in PC monitor years ago (before I got into this hobby) so I've got the cables for that so I'm not worried  - the issues is connecting the CP (with U360's) to the PS2 and the PC. 

Like I said on my previous post - if I can't do it I'll still put it in and use the PS2 controllers.

WonderAlex