Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: not sure if i could hook this sanwa joystick up to my soon-to-be mame cab...  (Read 5665 times)

katuuuz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2016, 09:39:44 pm
  • U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Select, Start
Evening folks.

I've taken on a mini arcade project for the winter.  I've played with the idea before, but I just locked the notion in by purchasing an old dell and resurecting my ipac and other peripherals from the pile of what once was my first and only mame cabinet.  Lucky me, she was an organ doner.

Anyway, I have next to no room, so I'm going small scale... and I've found a small part:

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_joystick_jlf_tp_8y_sk_g_green/13036.html

If my mm to in conversions are correct, that is one small joystick; and it would fit nicely on my small CP.  Only problem is I have no idea if it is possible for it to be connected to a pc..  I have a USB Ipac, and the joystick says it comes with the wiring harnesses.  Anyone have any ideas here?  Also, is it absolutely necessary for this to be mounted on sheet metal?  Don't know where I can have a sheet metal CP made.

Enlighten me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:04:47 pm by katuuuz »

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
The wiring harness just give you 4 directions and a common.   Easy to wire to your IPAC.   

UP DN RT LT and GND

katuuuz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2016, 09:39:44 pm
  • U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, Select, Start
 Great, thanks.