Main > Software Forum

Demul padDemul error: IDirectInputDevice8 CreateEffect FAILED

(1/4) > >>

BadMouth:
Got a couple NAOMI driving games up and running on my main pc (Vista) and wrote an autohotkey script to make them go fullscreen and play nice with my front-end.
Once everything was sorted and working right, I copied it to my driving cab, which runs XP.
On it, I get the following error when a game is launched:

I click OK, and the game plays perfectly fine.

From what I gathered googling the error, HRESULT = 80070057 is an invalid argument and
IDirectInputDevice8 CreateEffect FAILED has something to do with force feedback (which I didn't think Demul supported).

I reset all the gamepad mappings to NONE - same result.
I deleted the padDemul cfg file - same result.
I made sure all the P1 controls were mapped to something for Dreamcast, Naomi & Atomiswave - same result.
I turned off force feedback in windows control panel>gamepads - same result.
The only thing that gets rid of the error is changing to xinput, but then of course my controls don't work.

I was using a logitech gamepad (no rumble) on my main pc and I'm using a logitech momo wheel on my driving cab.

Anyone have any insight?

BadMouth:
 :angry:
Messed with it a while this morning, then gave up.
I disabled the windows error sound and added to the autohotkey script to have it press enter for "OK".
It all takes place behind a black window, so the game appears to load fine when you launch it from the front end.
So problem not fixed, but covered up.  :-\
I'd still like to correct the issue if possible, just don't want to sink anymore time into it right now.

headkaze:
Try the "Pad Plugin" from http://demul.emulation64.com/downloads/

--- Quote ---By numerous requests we have added support of old gamepads, which don't support Event Notification, to the PAD plugin. We hope that all PADs can now be used with our emulator. Of course, not a big change for "long-awaited" new build, but this is better than nothing. ;)
To install, just replace default padDemul with new one.
--- End quote ---

If that fails try this Google Search as there are others who have had this problem with this emu.

ant2:
any one find a fix to this ? Im experiencing the same issue

dorito213:
For those that feel this issue was a lost cause because it plagued alot of people. Just install this.  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version