Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Paradise LED Joystick  (Read 8068 times)

EVEGames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2018, 05:14:39 pm
Paradise LED Joystick
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:23 pm »
Paradise Arcade is now offering a lighted bubbletop joystick for $25, your choice of LED color, Bubbletop color and Voltage (5V or 12V) - seems to be an all-in-one fully assembled solution.  For that alone, Paradise Arcade gets a big  :cheers:
I don't recognize the joystick though, they don't seem to list the make / model anywhere, and I'm curious about the performance of the joystick itself, LED capabilities aside.  Can anyone identify it from the pics below?  Has anyone picked up one of these yet?  I'd love to see a review.  I'm also curious what they have done (if anything) to deal with potential twisting of the wires.

Here's the page:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/119-paradise-led-bubble-top-arcade-joystick.html

And some pics...

popsicle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2023, 11:07:15 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,104229.msg1102713.html#msg1102713
Re: Paradise LED Joystick
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:17:39 pm »
Looks similar to the Zippy brand joysticks they sell (I just bought two from them a few weeks back since they are designed to mount under 3/4" mdf with no routing and were fairly cheap). 

armi0024

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2023, 09:57:36 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »
Thanks for the props on the Zippy's we like them, but these are not Zippy's.  We already have shafts for Zippys(which are basically knock off LS-32's) and the Seimitsu 32 series, we just haven't advertised them yet.

These joysticks are made by a company called "Jin Dun" and we actually chose them because we really liked the feel, but they only came with pink ball tops :(  However, when you machine your own stick, you can put whatever you want on it :)   We also really liked these because they allowed for 2/4/8 way action. I also like the feel for playing classics.

Also....this is not the only stick, we did just release the titanium shaft JLF, complete, however it's not cheap, and right now we just have it on Ebay.  With the titanium, you can also annodize the shaft and turn it a number of different colors.

If you want a lit joystick, let us know which one we should do, we have some great resources now for doing almost any stick we want. 

EVEGames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2018, 05:14:39 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:46:02 pm »
If you want a lit joystick, let us know which one we should do, we have some great resources now for doing almost any stick we want. 

Armi,
I for one would love to see an illuminated HAPP Super.  But in the mean time, I'm completely stoked about the sticks you are offering already, and I want to say thank you for doing it.  I've been kicking myself for a long time for not grabbing some illuminated sticks from SlikStik when they were offering them.  This is going back a few years.
Which brings up another question... what are the chances you will offer solid color translucent balltops in addition to the bubblers?  Last question: I've seen a lighted bat-top joystick once... and only once... and I could not get any info on the source.  Any chance you could offer illuminated translucent battops?

Thanks,
-EVEGames

armi0024

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2023, 09:57:36 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »
Thank you for the compliments, and we always love suggestions:

Bat tops- we are working on this, not as easy as balls, because everyone makes balls, it's just a matter of getting them to put 6mm threading in.  Bat tops are a little harder, but if these take off we will consider it.  We have already looked into it and it is very doable, everything comes down to cost and volume.

Solid colors - I just started up with a new custom supplier of ball tops. I have some red to coming in to compare with Seimitsu, and some royal blue, because I'm really not sure why everyone makes bubble tops in sky blue.... I can get anything I want for a price right now, the question is....what?  I am going to look at doing some translucents (instead of transparent), and probably start with white....  Hmmmm could that run in to an RGB project?  But PM me what you were thinking.

Happ Super? Absolutely not... but we will probably do the IL compact :) (which I just noticed is labeled as Happ Competition on our website, brain fart, and an is basically the same thing as the Happ Super)

We also may do a few shafts for the IL Magnetic Joystick aka Mag stick...  All depending on how sales go, It only takes 3-4 weeks to bring a new shaft on board.

Finally, we have LS-32 shafts in hand, we just haven't put them on on the website yet.

That's it for now...  We are working on some great stuff for the future though.  We have some ideas for some pretty cool custom joysticks and other parts that if they work will really be a lot of fun.