Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog  (Read 144517 times)

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:56:55 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2019, 11:16:58 am »
Hey Randy, sent an email through your site. Wondering if I can add some t-molding to an order if it hasn't shipped yet.  :cheers:

Yep, we received the email.  We'll add it for you.

aevans0001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 04:50:15 pm
« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2019, 11:08:22 am »
Hey Randy,

I was looking for an option to upgrade a 3" Happ trackball high ball to RGB lighting, does your upgrade kit work with Happ?  If you could send a link it would be great, or pm me.

lordofthearcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2019, 07:31:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »
Hey Randy,
Recently I emailed the GGG tech support email and haven't gotten a response yet...although it probably wasn't the best place to send this and I do understand that you are probably filling large orders right now and it can be a busy time.

I just have a few questions on purchasing a relatively short throw leaf switch joystick for my Arcade1Up Pac - Man cabinet. It is great for what it is but the joystick could be better and feels far from the original stick, which is to be expected for the price.

I'm debating between the Domimix8, Leaf Pro, and Pac Pro. The Pac Pro seems like the best option, but has the shortest shaft and this would be mounted in a wood control panel. Could I avoid routing the panel and just add a longer shaft, or would that make too much of a difference, and does the longer shaft make it the same thing as the Leaf Pro or Pac Pro? Also, when will the Pac Pro be back in stock, and would it be possible to special order it without a shaft and ball top so I can use a longer one if I went with that?
Thanks!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2019, 02:42:54 pm »
Hey Randy,

I was looking for an option to upgrade a 3" Happ trackball high ball to RGB lighting, does your upgrade kit work with Happ?  If you could send a link it would be great, or pm me.

This should be what you want:

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=273

YouknowStuIlltellya

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 10:52:40 pm
« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2019, 09:54:32 am »
Hey Randy,

This should be what you want:

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=273

Randy, apologies for stalking you, but could you please check your customer service emails?  i put in an order on Friday and need to make some changes to the order - it was a big order - trackball, spinner, 14 buttons, 2 dominux8s, 1 leaf pro true 4 way, and more.  Need the keywiz40-ST instead of the GPWiz in the order.   Also, would like to understand when I could expect the order to go in the mail.  I am at a standstill until this gets resolved.  Thanks in advance. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:00:57 am by YouknowStuIlltellya »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #285 on: May 07, 2019, 11:40:51 am »
Randy, apologies for stalking you, but could you please check your customer service emails?

You mean the one(s) which came in at 7pm last evening?  :)

Reply sent.

killallhumans

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2021, 06:57:37 pm
  • What does this red button do?
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »
Dear RandyT,
HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!!!
From your store, it looks like Electric ICE 2-CX buttons may be coming back?
Sold-Out status has changed. Please, say it's true.
I've waited this long to get the ONLY buttons I want for this cabinet, so I guess
it won't kill me to wait until Shopping Cart works again.
Have a fun or just relaxing vacation.
Thank you kindly.
DavidC
Auto•It 3 fixes everything.
Game loading, lights, sounds,
control mapping, screen rotation...
Compile scripts to EXEs and drop them
into your arcade Frontend.

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »
Is everything ok?

I've been wanting to order some electric ice buttons but Randy hasn't responded to PM here or a contact on their shop page... and I mean It's been like a month.

Did something happen to him?

Also didn't they use to have translucent single color concave buttons? I think they use to be sold under classx but I can't find them.

the elecrtic ice have been out of stock for months.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

bbeishline

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2019, 12:49:11 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2019, 11:50:58 pm »
I sent a message to customer service about Electric Ice buttons and if they would be coming back in stock a long time ago, like maybe a year or more, and never got a response unless maybe it went to my spam. Maybe this is the best place to find out? Obviously I'm not the only one interested. I'll add my voice to those trying to find out if they'll be back in stock any time soon.

Randy?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:39:08 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #289 on: August 21, 2019, 01:03:25 am »
It might take a while for him to work through the backlog of e-mails when GGG re-opens in several weeks.    ;)

GGG Store News:

July 22, 2019

As you may have noticed, we have temporarily disabled the order feature on the store.  Not to worry.  If you have already placed an order, we are still here, working diligently to ship the orders in our current queue. However, due to a recent large OEM order, as well as the need to address some long-overdue facility and machine maintenance, we need to temporarily suspend the order feature until the first of September.  With any luck, we might also have a bit of time left over to to take a much needed vacation, our first in the 16 years we have been providing service to the community.

We will still be available to provide technical support for already purchased items, but we will be unable to answer pre-sales inquiries during this time.  Thank you all for your support and understanding, and we look forward to continue serving you when the store opens back up for orders in September.

RandyT

Just in case, occasionally check your spam filter.   :cheers:

Scott

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2019, 09:08:00 pm »
@randyt

Do you have a phone number I can call to place an order? I know your online ordering is down due to a large order but I’m desperate to get an Opti-wiz and trackball from you ASAP.

Please let me know. Thank you!

Phazer51

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 02:51:55 pm
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2019, 01:34:11 pm »
RandyT:

I've place several orders with you and I've had some problems with items that I've received.  I tried contacting you through your site back January 2019, but I never received a response.

I just tried contacting you again regarding orders 32592 and 32676.

I read on your site that you are very busy with a large order.

Please put this message in your "to be answered" queue.

Thank you.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2019, 11:43:30 am »
We are back now.

We made multiple attempts to respond.  Every email sent to the supplied address, bounced with "550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable".  Hopefully the new email address you supplied will work and your OS issue will be sorted out.

RandyT:

I've place several orders with you and I've had some problems with items that I've received.  I tried contacting you through your site back January 2019, but I never received a response.

I just tried contacting you again regarding orders 32592 and 32676.

I read on your site that you are very busy with a large order.

Please put this message in your "to be answered" queue.

Thank you.

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2019, 05:09:23 pm »
@RandyT

Hey what's going on with the Electric ICE buttons?

The most recent run of these buttons will not perfectly color match to earlier runs.  These are slightly darker and not bright white in color when not illuminated.  They do, however, look great when lit with the Helio9 lighting units, which is the only lighting option available for this run.  It is strongly recommended that the full amount of buttons for a project be purchased all at once, so we can attempt to color match.  This will very likely be the final run for the Electric ICE 2 buttons, due to the mold house's inability to produce more of this style.

#1 can we get a comparison new and old.. or least current pictures?
#2 so what after this run no more light up buttons? or you coming out with a new version?
#3 didn't you use to have adjustable micro switch upgrades?

Here's the thing.. I need 12 for a project. right now.. im just going with the standard micro soft touches.
But I was also going to order one extra button with each switch type to see which I liked best.. and then place a much larger order for future projects once I figured out which switch type I like best.

but now I don't know what to expect and it sounds like they might not even be around for larger order later..

what's going on?
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2019, 11:43:45 am »
@RandyT

Hey what's going on with the Electric ICE buttons?

1) Pretty much what was written.   There is some minor deviation in this run, so photos and comparisons won't be helpful.  We'll make sure they are all very close in appearance for each order.

Again, as noted, the factory is refusing to do more of these.  They seem to have some internal issues with the skill of their operators.  Even with the last batch, there was only one operator who was capable of making them to the original color specifications.  Maybe he quit.   My only option would be to pull our (expensive) mold and hope that another mold house could be found to make them.  Doing so is costly, and could not only be unsuccessful, but might also jeopardize further production of the CLASSX button line.

I have had these in-house for quite some time, and finally decided to offer them to those who might need them.  My reticence in doing so, even though there is nothing functionally different, was precisely to avoid the "these aren't exactly the same in appearance as my previous order" comments.  Thus the note in the description.

2) We will be placing another option on the store shortly.  However, they will be a clear button with a diffuser element in the plunger.  We may, at some point, have some standard "illuminated" white (i.e. denser color) buttons produced, but that is a long way off, if it even happens.

3) The adjustable micro-switch offering has been deprecated.  The switches these are based upon are no longer available through our distributor, and what we currently have available is not a suitable foundation for this product.  They may return at some point if this situation changes.

ehammer85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2020, 01:02:11 pm
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2019, 12:51:27 pm »
I purchased your NovaMatrix Marquee 3 LEDs back in March of this year, but haven't been able to set them up until now.  I was curious on the best way to power those up.  I've crimped those wires directly to my PC's PSU via molex and the lights are extremely dim - doesn't even shine through my marquee unless its right against the plexi.  I noticed when I light up my pacLED64s (I have 2), the marquee lights go out.  So, I crimped the LED string to a single power source so it's not sharing with anything and the light is still really dim.  Your thoughts Randy?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2019, 01:59:31 pm »
I purchased your NovaMatrix Marquee 3 LEDs back in March of this year, but haven't been able to set them up until now.  I was curious on the best way to power those up.  I've crimped those wires directly to my PC's PSU via molex and the lights are extremely dim - doesn't even shine through my marquee unless its right against the plexi.  I noticed when I light up my pacLED64s (I have 2), the marquee lights go out.  So, I crimped the LED string to a single power source so it's not sharing with anything and the light is still really dim.  Your thoughts Randy?

Looks like you posted this at the same time your email was sent.  These issues are best handled through support emails, but it looks like the unit isn't getting nearly enough voltage.   

These are 12v units.  If you have them connected to anything less, you will get considerably less light from them.  I.e.  if you had them connected to the red wire from your PSU, try the yellow one.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:02:10 pm by RandyT »

ehammer85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2020, 01:02:11 pm
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2019, 02:27:53 pm »

Looks like you posted this at the same time your email was sent.  These issues are best handled through support emails, but it looks like the unit isn't getting nearly enough voltage.   

These are 12v units.  If you have them connected to anything less, you will get considerably less light from them.  I.e.  if you had them connected to the red wire from your PSU, try the yellow one.

Ahh, gotcha.  I may not have much left in my computer, but I'll look at other power options in the 12v range.  Thanks much.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2020, 11:43:30 am »
Randy -

Do you have an ETA for when the Pac-Pro Leaf Switch 4-way Joystick will be back in stock?

Deefish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2023, 10:48:07 am
  • Is there something in my teeth? Look close.
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2021, 11:19:19 pm »
Randy,

I was curious what happened to the Electric Ice lighted joysticks? did they get discontinued? I have not been active on this board for a long time and can not find any reference to them (especially since I cant get search to work).

I still have my electric ice joysticks and love them.

Thanks,
Jesse

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2021, 04:00:00 pm »
I was curious what happened to the Electric Ice lighted joysticks? did they get discontinued? I have not been active on this board for a long time and can not find any reference to them (especially since I cant get search to work).

I still have my electric ice joysticks and love them.

Unfortunately, they were very labor-intensive, and between the parts cost and the time they took to make, it was costing us every time one was ordered. We probably still have some parts for them, but they are unlikely to return unless we figure out a quicker way to make them.  Maybe a DIY kit would be doable, but it would still be a bit pricey based on just parts cost.

Scotty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2022, 11:48:29 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2021, 01:12:36 pm »
Randy,   My order is on it's way, thank you very much.   On your web page you mentioned you are swamped, and it might take quite a while.   I ordered on the 15th, and it shipped on the 23.  That is not bad!  Exactly one year earlier I ordered some parts from you, and it took 10 days, so I was thinking 2-3 weeks.  8 days is fine considering you are a one man operation and make a lot of the stuff yourself.  Not only that, it is A1 quality, and AMERICAN MADE!    Thank you again!!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2021, 02:28:31 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, and you are quite welcome.  But I do have some help from Lisa, so technically, it's still "one man"  :lol.  Couldn't do it without her!

Glad to hear that you like the parts!

cool_factor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2023, 08:24:42 am
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2021, 06:58:25 pm »
Any updates on when the push pull spinner will be back in stock and up for sale again? Thanks!!!