Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog  (Read 144884 times)

sealcouch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2023, 09:28:56 pm
Re: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2016, 12:11:21 pm »
I placed an order on the 18th and I didn't get a order confirmation. I see it says being manufactured and packed in the order status but I haven't heard anything.

Is everything good with this order? Not trying to rush just double checking.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42:19 pm »
Please use the contact section of our website for these questions.  We received many orders on that day, and I have no idea which is yours.

Also as a general note, we are still experiencing high order volumes from the holidays, Christmas cash, tax refunds, etc... so the delay mentioned on the front page of our site still holds true.  We are doing our best to minimize the delays, but we have to sleep sometimes :).

Thanks everyone, for keeping us so busy.

sealcouch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:46 pm »
Please use the contact section of our website for these questions.  We received many orders on that day, and I have no idea which is yours.

Also as a general note, we are still experiencing high order volumes from the holidays, Christmas cash, tax refunds, etc... so the delay mentioned on the front page of our site still holds true.  We are doing our best to minimize the delays, but we have to sleep sometimes :).

Thanks everyone, for keeping us so busy.
I did use the contact section but got no response. Anyway, I understand you're back logged. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2016, 12:55:30 pm »
We have replied to all of the email we have received, so I'm not sure why you didn't get it.  If you are on Gmail, or any of those services, check your "junk" mail folder.  I don't know how we ended up on their list, as we don't send promotional emails, but it looks like we did.  It's probably their "scorched earth" policy with regard to spam, so when someone else on the same service provider as ours sends junk, they tag any and all traffic from that server as such.

So check your spam folders, folks, and please mark our communications as valid emails when you find them there.

sealcouch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2016, 09:43:29 pm »
We have replied to all of the email we have received, so I'm not sure why you didn't get it.  If you are on Gmail, or any of those services, check your "junk" mail folder.  I don't know how we ended up on their list, as we don't send promotional emails, but it looks like we did.  It's probably their "scorched earth" policy with regard to spam, so when someone else on the same service provider as ours sends junk, they tag any and all traffic from that server as such.

So check your spam folders, folks, and please mark our communications as valid emails when you find them there.

I'm just posting to say that this was totally my bad. Apparently I  never sent the message. I found it on my phone unsent. I got my stuff and everything was perfect.  I've since placed another order and received that as well. I'll definitely be buying from GGG in the future. Great site.

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2016, 07:09:23 am »
Any news on the TurboTwist High-Low ?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2016, 11:29:45 am »
Any news on the TurboTwist High-Low ?

The metal parts have just arrived from the machinist.  I'll be fabricating the plastic parts over the next couple of days, so they will be on the store the middle of next week. 

I have enough stainless knobs for 9 units at the moment, and a dozen or so of the red anodized aluminum.  More of the stainless knobs are on order as well, but have not yet arrived. So anyone who is waiting, probably shouldn't wait too long to get an order in.  More will be available, but not right away.

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2016, 12:21:19 pm »
Are OMNI-Stiks coming back any time soon?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »
Are OMNI-Stiks coming back any time soon?

Yes, they are on the way.  We got hit pretty hard with some bulk orders recently, which depleted stock on some items.  Doing our best to gauge demand, but we get caught off-guard now and then.

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 11:18:55 pm
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2016, 07:40:29 pm »
 :applaud: :applaud:Just ordered my Hi-Lo today!! Thanks Randy T

steved61

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 05:11:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2016, 08:48:58 am »
I'd like to order (1) TurboTwist High-Low any idea when they will be back in stock ?
Steve

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2016, 11:00:12 am »
I'd like to order (1) TurboTwist High-Low any idea when they will be back in stock ?

Got a call from our machinist yesterday.  The stainless knobs are on the way and should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

Just a note to those who are ordering:  Expect a bit of a shipping delay.  These assemblies take us a while to build, so it will take a bit more time than usual to ship orders with these units as a part.  There were a number of folks waiting for them to return to the store, so the load is a bit higher now and we need to make sure regular orders aren't waiting too long.   Your patience with us getting these to you is appreciated.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
I just wanted to inform folks that our site is down at the moment, and has been since about 3:30pm yesterday.  Our hosting company suffered a fairly major hardware failure which affected mail and SQL servers.  Apparently their RAID storage suffered multiple drive failures simultaneously, which A) almost never happens and B) is extremely difficult to recover from.  Those who understand how RAID systems work, know that when a drive fails there is enough data on the remaining drives to rebuild the missing drive onto a new one, without data loss.  But when more than one dies at the same time, it can take out the entire RAID.  This is apparently what has happened.  They did have backups and redundancy in place, but it seems that even these did not entirely solve the issue.  But they did get past the issues with those and they are now re-building their systems and migrating data to the servers.  Anyone who has copied hardrives knows how long the larger ones can take, and with the amount of data stored at large hosting companies it takes much longer, as you can probably guess.

At the moment, they have announced that the progress is at about 13%, and any incoming mail during the outage is being spooled for delivery after the migration is complete.  So we shouldn't lose any.

We're still processing orders received before the outage manually and shipping as normal. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, and I will update here when things are back to normal.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

RandyT

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2016, 05:12:00 pm »
Yikes.  Hope they can recover decently.  That could be an extremely costly failure!

heyyouguys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 03:00:09 pm
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:12 pm »
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to placing an order with you!

jbl77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 04:52:21 pm
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2016, 05:46:00 pm »
Hmmm....perhaps that is why I haven't gotten a reply yet ;)  The server dropped minutes after I submitted my inquiry.   I guess I will ask again via PM.

And I know all too well how long it takes to migrate data...a few years ago I migrated all our remote file/email servers (33 of them) to our DC.  And that was over the WAN with varying link speeds of 2Mbps to 100Mbps.  I feel the pain and wait patiently.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2016, 10:49:02 am »
Update:  Our email is back and nothing appears to be lost.  But if you have emailed us between late Thursday afternoon and now, you may wish to send again, just to be sure.  The store database appears to be working, but very slowly at the moment.  I am assuming that the load on the hosting company's systems is insane right now, as SQL queries were taking upwards of 30 seconds to complete.  So we will leave it off-line for a bit longer, until things stabilize on their end, and we can make sure everything is back to normal.  Again, I truly appreciate everyone's patience with this situation. 

Yikes.  Hope they can recover decently.  That could be an extremely costly failure!

It's estimated that well over 10,000 sites were down, and ours was unfortunately one of them.  Hopefully this episode will put the FOG into the higher-ups in that organization, and a more robust system will be the result.  One thing seems likely and that is faster pages, as the loads decrease due to customers fleeing to other hosting companies.  The responses to the outage are a "train wreck" in progress. But so far, they seem to have recovered the data.  A 2-day outage is nothing compared to the time it would take customers to re-create databases if they weren't smart enough to keep their own back-ups!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2016, 02:14:32 pm »
The store is now back up, and everything is loading fast.  Thanks again for hanging in there with us.

RandyT

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:25 pm »
The store is now back up, and everything is loading fast.  Thanks again for hanging in there with us.

Good to hear you're back, and no worse for wear!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2016, 01:10:10 pm »
Good to hear you're back, and no worse for wear!

Heh.  Yeah, it's always a nail-biter in this kind scenario.  You never know what you'll find when things go back online, but it seemed to have a mostly happy ending for us.  Maybe notsomuch for the hosting company.

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2016, 01:53:12 pm »
Heh.  Yeah, it's always a nail-biter in this kind scenario.  You never know what you'll find when things go back online, but it seemed to have a mostly happy ending for us.  Maybe not so much for the hosting company.

I hear you. I recently realized I hadn't been receiving orders for a couple of weeks, and figured I was in a dry spell. It turns out the plug-in that ran my payment processor was suddenly disabled, and customers weren't able to pay for their orders. Yikes. After turning it back on, suddenly, I'm swamped.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »
... suddenly, I'm swamped.

If it weren't for the inconvenience to our customers, we'd have welcomed the break.  Now back to playing catch-up...  ;)

AchillesPDX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 09:37:07 am
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2016, 03:10:35 pm »
Just curious what the typical turn-around time is on a small order. I just placed one this morning and am unrealistically hoping to have it for the weekend. :)

Thanks!

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »
Just curious what the typical turn-around time is on a small order. I just placed one this morning and am unrealistically hoping to have it for the weekend. :)
Welcome aboard, AchillesPDX.   ;D

This weekend? (July 2nd) -- Not much chance.

Next weekend? (July 9th) -- Very good chance.

My two recent orders took 6-7 days from order placed to order shipped + 2 days for Priority Mail delivery.   ;D

Scott

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »

My two recent orders took 6-7 days from order placed to order shipped + 2 days for Priority Mail delivery.   ;D

Scott
Thank you Randy.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

AchillesPDX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:25 pm »

Scott

Thanks for keeping my expectations in check, Scott!  ;) My wife is growing quite impatient with this project at this point while I'm secretly stringing it along as slowly as possible - I'm having a great time building!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2016, 09:26:48 am »
Thank you Randy.

:)

Delivery times have a number of factors, but are usually based on which, and how many items are ordered and what our current order volume is when the order is placed.  There are times when multiple commercial panel and arcade machine builders place bulk orders for our "made to order" parts, and this can slow us down a bit.  There are also times of high order volumes from regular customers, and this often occurs the week preceding a national holiday, where folks anticipate having some time off.  Unfortunately, we can find ourselves overwhelmed when this happens.

We do our best to get orders out as timely as possible, with most of the smaller, and simple "off the shelf" item orders going out the next day, but our specialized parts with custom options often need to be built when they are ordered. 

We have a simple philosophy when it comes to time.  We don't rush building, packing or inspection of parts (and yes, we QC virtually every item we ship).  We strive to make sure that when the order arrives, everything is exactly as it was ordered, functioning as it should, the order is complete and it arrives undamaged.  Over 13 years, we have been 99.99% successful in achieving this goal.  We believe that it's far better to wait an extra day or two to receive a trouble free order, than having our customers wait another week+ to correct an oversight. 

On a semi-related note, about 30% of the items I purchase personally from smaller sellers on the web seem to have one issue or another, and the headache from the lost time and effort it takes to deal with those situations, is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.  This is primarily why we do things the way we do  ;).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:44:36 pm by RandyT »

AchillesPDX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2016, 01:29:07 pm »
Thanks for posting Randy! Glad to hear you take care in your business. I look forward to my expertly-packed goodies :applaud:

EDIT:
Hot damn! Just got my tracking number. USPS says it'll be here Friday!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:36:25 pm by AchillesPDX »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:41 pm »
Looks like our hosting company is having some issues again.  They made it 4 months this time, without a significant issue with their servers, but they have another one at the moment.

As we wish to make the ordering process, and communications through the site, as smooth and reliable as possible, we have put the site on pause while they get things ironed out.   In the mean time, we will keep working on the orders we already have in house.

Things should be back to normal in less than 24 hours.  As soon as we are convinced that everything is working reliably, we will post an update here, and start taking your orders again.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »
UPDATE:  Things are still not back to normal, so we will be leaving the store on pause for a bit longer.   Apparently, the hosting company had another major drive failure in their SAN (Storage Area Network), this time affecting their mail servers.  They seem to be sorting out some SQL server issues as well.  With thousands of customers having been affected, they have been working around the clock to get things back to normal.  But progress has been slow.

We have shopped for alternatives, but given the nature of these types of things, and spotty performance at times of even larger company sites, I'm not convinced that moving is the answer.  But we are definitely considering it now.

Thank you for your patience while we wait this out.  In the meantime, feel free to PM me here if you need assistance with something.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2016, 11:05:04 am »
The store is now back online.  It may still be a little slow, as the server load might be a bit high with all of the other affected site's customers having access again.  But it should calm down shortly.

But everything appears to be working as before.  If anyone has any issues, please let me know by email, or PM here.  Thanks again to everyone who was patiently waiting.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2016, 11:36:11 am »
may I suggest siteground.com ? 

Thanks, Malenko.  I will definitely consider them if/when we decide to make a move.  Looks like a good company!

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2016, 01:25:04 pm »
I ordered some Novagems a while ago and am trying to wire them into the PC power supply for the constant on. The directions say there's a black wire and a red wire, with the red going into the PC. My wires are different. I actually have a brown wire and a multi-colored wire of like white, red, etc. Which should go into the PC?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »
I ordered some Novagems a while ago and am trying to wire them into the PC power supply for the constant on. The directions say there's a black wire and a red wire, with the red going into the PC. My wires are different. I actually have a brown wire and a multi-colored wire of like white, red, etc. Which should go into the PC?

The wire with the red marking is +5v, and the brown is Ground.  You won't hurt anything if the polarity is reversed on these.  They just wouldn't light up.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2016, 02:21:51 pm »
Don't make the mistake I did and accidentally wire them to the 12V...   :banghead:

Luckily I noticed something was wrong as the wires became too hot to touch... and quickly fixed it before I blew something.

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2016, 08:20:27 pm »
Somethings going on with the connections on the switches with my Novagems. I get the connection with a female disconnect, but it doesn't 'stay' connected. You kind of have to maneuver the wires to keep the LEDs on. Once I had the wires in a position that worked, I left them there and kind of forgot about it.

Now I'm wiring the actual buttons to my Minipac and I'm having the same issues. Sometimes the button works, sometimes it doesn't. I have to move the wire around to get any connection. This is obviously not ideal as its not reliable.

Is this normal of these switches or is something wrong with mine?

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
Sounds like a weak crimp on the connection.  Grab a crimper or pliers and give the base of the wire connection a squeeze to tighten it up.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2016, 12:04:28 am »
Somethings going on with the connections on the switches with my Novagems. I get the connection with a female disconnect, but it doesn't 'stay' connected. You kind of have to maneuver the wires to keep the LEDs on. Once I had the wires in a position that worked, I left them there and kind of forgot about it.

Now I'm wiring the actual buttons to my Minipac and I'm having the same issues. Sometimes the button works, sometimes it doesn't. I have to move the wire around to get any connection. This is obviously not ideal as its not reliable.

I assume you mean the NovaGemCDR?

This is the nature of all of these style of illuminated buttons.  The "fingers" inside which make contact with the LED, are a physical part of the terminal you connect the wires to.  Wiggling the wires while connected to the terminals can move/bend the "fingers" and cause the connection to the LED to become loose.  If this has happened, you may need to tweak the fingers a bit to tighten them back up, and once you have them working,  secure your wiring so that the terminals won't get moved around.

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2016, 12:22:16 pm »
I assume you mean the NovaGemCDR?

This is the nature of all of these style of illuminated buttons.  The "fingers" inside which make contact with the LED, are a physical part of the terminal you connect the wires to.  Wiggling the wires while connected to the terminals can move/bend the "fingers" and cause the connection to the LED to become loose.  If this has happened, you may need to tweak the fingers a bit to tighten them back up, and once you have them working,  secure your wiring so that the terminals won't get moved around.

Fair enough, I'll just secure them in position. They don't stop working during regular use, only when I have to mess with wiring for whatever reason. I think I may understand what's going on with the connection issues . .

I'm new at this and thought I could just buy any wire. I ended up getting some pretty thick wire (at least compared to the wire on the harness) that I'm pretty sure is solid core.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2016, 12:53:00 pm »
I ended up getting some pretty thick wire (at least compared to the wire on the harness) that I'm pretty sure is solid core.
QDs are designed to work with stranded wire -- the strands compress and push back against the crimp.

Crimping solid core wire can be problematic because if there is any twisting or pulling force on the QD, the wire can easily pull free since there are no strands pushing back against the crimp.

Solder the wire to the QD (after threading it through the hole to the right of the insulating sleeve) and crimp the sleeve onto the insulation of the wire as shown in the attached pics -- works for solid core (red wire) or stranded. (white wire)

Threading the wire through the hole provides improved mechanical and electrical connection.   ;D

Scott