Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog  (Read 144891 times)

tron84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2017, 06:45:56 am
Re: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2013, 02:18:10 am »

I think that would be great to offer Randy. I think it would do well at GGG.
I was the person who ordered last night & sent an email also saying that would be a great item to have at GGG :)
I also asked on the 49way.  I know you are a busy person man.  Just when ever you can let me know .
Thanks again Randy.
Your products & service is always top notch.....

Thanks for the kind words.  Please do me a favor and resend your email.  I don't see any in my inbox which make reference to those items.

On the control panel service project, I spent the last few days installing breaker boxes, a variable frequency drive and a 220v 5HP (real) Colombo spindle on, and making modifications to, my 4x8 router table.  What a difference compared to the 110v 3.5HP(fake) Milwaukee router body.  Once I get some free time, I will be doing some cutting tests to make sure things are tuned in, and we'll take it from there.  Should be able to cut faster, cleaner and be easier on the bits.  I have high hopes :)

Thanks again for the feedback.
I sent the email in GGG, when I was logged on, after my order.
This is Jeff N.  :)
If you need me to resend it, I will.  I took what you said, as you were looking in the email here?

Sounds like Tim the Tool Man,"More Power, ohhh oohhh ehh ehhh."  :cheers: ;D
Sounds like you are on the right track for that and that sounds good.  I think they will do well & people already know the good stuff you provide. So cheers on that for you  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:22:16 am by tron84 »

KevinFlynn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 11:10:15 am
  • Greetings Programs!
TT2 L/R torque
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:26 am »
Hi Randy,
I was wondering if anyone has ever figured how to create torque on a steering wheel with the TT2 spinner. I am able to play Cruisin' USA but being able to somehow create the original feel of the steering in the arcade (where the wheel centers and has torque when turned L and R) would be awesome.
I know there have been other posts about this, I just wanted to know your input/experience if possible.
Thanks!!
One quarter at a time...

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2013, 11:30:14 am »

This would be difficult to do with the current steering wheel arrangement.  It is possible, but many mods would be necessary.  The first would be to fix the steering wheel permanently to the shaft.  After that, any number of techniques could be used for the centering mechanism.  The highest tech way would be to couple a large servo motor to the shaft and a controller which monitors position, which essentially tries to keep the wheel at a specific position, and returns it there when released.  Force feedback capability would be a side benefit of this approach.

More simply, one could attach centering springs to the shaft.  This would require an attachment to the shaft, with arms extending to each side.  At the ends of the extended arms would be attached springs, or heavy rubber material under tension, with the force in-line and opposite on each side.  This would provide resistance while turning and centering when released.

KevinFlynn

• Offline Offline
  • Greetings Programs!
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2013, 02:13:22 pm »
Thanks, great reply.
I had the thought of using a fairly strong spring, a thin cable, and the ESC. Drill a small hole through the ESC and with one end of the cable attached to the spring, run the other end through the ESC and with a little tension already on the spring, crimp the cable. Now, whether it turns R or L, the wire would coil around the ESC and the spring would want it to return to center. Also, I could simply unmount the ESC if I wanted to return to a more free wheel config.
You mentioned force feedback capability. My concern with doing the above method is constantly having to recalibrate the controls if they tend to get off center. I assume force feedback would prevent this, right? Any idea how I would ever accomplish such a thing?
One quarter at a time...

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »
Thanks, great reply.
I had the thought of using a fairly strong spring, a thin cable, and the ESC. Drill a small hole through the ESC and with one end of the cable attached to the spring, run the other end through the ESC and with a little tension already on the spring, crimp the cable. Now, whether it turns R or L, the wire would coil around the ESC and the spring would want it to return to center. Also, I could simply unmount the ESC if I wanted to return to a more free wheel config.
You mentioned force feedback capability. My concern with doing the above method is constantly having to recalibrate the controls if they tend to get off center. I assume force feedback would prevent this, right? Any idea how I would ever accomplish such a thing?

You could also use a thin bungee cord through the ESC, fastened under tension to a couple of eyebolts or something similar on each side. 

With a good controller, calibration would only need to be done once at power up, unless each game had it's own method of doing it.  It could also be mapped as an analog stick by the interface, and the controls mapped to that type of device, leaving the calibration up to the interface.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:15:17 pm by RandyT »

ramos8414

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2019, 08:27:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2013, 08:20:00 pm »
When will the white classx buttons be on stock?

KevinFlynn

• Offline Offline
  • Greetings Programs!
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:04 pm »
 :applaud: Ok, I got it to work!
I spent far more time thinking it through than the actual implementation. So goes it.
As you can see, a few small parts at the hardware store made it a snap. I needed a small amount of wire, a spring of my choice, and one wire crimp to hold the wire onto the spring. I was able to drill a small hole in the steering wheel and use a part called a Plug Tap which threaded the new hole. Then, used one of the small Allan wrench screws to tighten. Presto!
When I want regular spinner control, I simply loosen the screw holding the ESC to the spinner.
One quarter at a time...

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
When will the white classx buttons be on stock?

I have a large quantity on order and it looks like it will be another week or thereabouts.  We are taking steps to improve the spotty manufacturing delay / inventory situation.

:applaud: Ok, I got it to work!
I spent far more time thinking it through than the actual implementation. So goes it.

Great solution.  I'm guilty of this approach as well.  But as is often the case, more thinking before starting tends to bear out the best solutions in the end.  You came up with one which is simple and elegant.   :applaud:

happyfunball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2015, 07:49:39 pm
49 way ball tops and centering grommet
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2013, 11:43:46 am »
I picked up 4 midway 49 way sticks off ebay not too long ago. one of the centering grommets is pretty much shot, and they all have bat handles which I hate.
I noticed you have a replacement grommet, and you used to sell replacement ball top sticks. I assume the grommet will work, but also that you no longer have the ball tops in stock?

TravistyOJ

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2020, 09:34:19 pm
  • DRK LFG!
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »
The stars finally aligned, and Class-X White buttons and Leaf-Pro Joysticks were in stock at the same time, so I finally place my order!  Thanks!
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Monkeyvoodoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2024, 08:00:58 pm
  • I swear I can stop at one. Or two.
    • threefoldhorse Custom
-VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2013, 05:46:32 pm »
That's great news, I'm putting in my order when I get home from work.

Sent from a pineapple under the sea

MotorHedJr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2015, 06:25:45 am
  • Christmas everyday!!!
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2013, 10:25:50 am »
When do you anticipate the restocking of Leaf-Pro joysticks?

More in stock now!

And speaking of "in stock", thanks to the prodding from a few good folks, we have decided to once again offer the classic GP-Wiz49™ Interface with the Digital Restrictor Selection Technology™ we pioneered.  It's now based on our new board design, and we have updated the documentation for it (but not the photos yet...it looks like the GP-Wiz PCBs.)  If anyone has either style of the classic 49-ways, you are fortunate, as they are, IMHO, the best feeling and performing sticks out there.  The GP-Wiz49 with DRS, makes them great for arcade gaming.  I have all options available to me and I use them on my setup.  That says something.

Unfortunately, the new ones being sold by HAPP are expensive and suffer from a grommet issue (wrong kind of rubber) which makes them mostly unsuitable for use with the GP-Wiz49, due to slow/poor centering.  It's correctable, but that drives the cost further.  I have a stash of high-end units, modified with proper natural-rubber grommets, stainless shafts and Hand-Candy balltops.  They are the "Mercedes" of joysticks, and they are pricey.  But if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll try to figure out what I need to let them go for.

RandyT

Hi Randy,

Does the GP-Wiz49 require a driver for Linux?
(in my case Ubuntu 8.04 - that's what I'm using w/ AdvMAME/MENU).

Or will it show up as a HID device? Thanks!  :)

Regards,
MotorHed Jr.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2013, 10:51:29 am »

It is an HID device.  However, there are a couple of things you might run into.  There is no Linux utility to change the modes.  I can supply the interface protocol to someone who has some USB experience and would like to write a utility.  However, there is also a mode of operation built into the hardware which allows an extra button (JoyMode...also acting as a "shift" button) to do mode switching without software control.

The other thing is the way the joystick axes are reported.  It uses the unsigned 8-bit co-ordinate scheme (0-255), which works perfectly under Windows, but for some reason, some Linux builds seem to have ignored this.  I have seen folks reporting success by using the Linux joystick calibration utility with builds where it's not supported, but it won't be "plug and play" on those installations like it is in Windows.

ramos8414

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2019, 08:27:24 pm
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2013, 01:13:05 am »
The Shipping estimate on your webiste isn't working .

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2013, 01:32:01 am »
The Shipping estimate on your webiste isn't working .

Looks like the whole USPS website is hosed as well.  The store shipping function queries them directly, and it looks like they have a serious problem.  Give it a little bit and try again.

MotorHedJr

• Offline Offline
  • Christmas everyday!!!
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »

It is an HID device.  However, there are a couple of things you might run into.  There is no Linux utility to change the modes.  I can supply the interface protocol to someone who has some USB experience and would like to write a utility.  However, there is also a mode of operation built into the hardware which allows an extra button (JoyMode...also acting as a "shift" button) to do mode switching without software control.

The other thing is the way the joystick axes are reported.  It uses the unsigned 8-bit co-ordinate scheme (0-255), which works perfectly under Windows, but for some reason, some Linux builds seem to have ignored this.  I have seen folks reporting success by using the Linux joystick calibration utility with builds where it's not supported, but it won't be "plug and play" on those installations like it is in Windows.

Randy,
Thanks for the fast response. It sounds like it should be seen by the event node. I'm guessing to run the 'advj' utility to get the kernel name of the device, then just write another 'local rule' (like I did for the mice) - and s/b set to go:

3.2.1 event - Kernel Input-Event interface (Linux)
This driver works in Linux and it uses the new style input-event interface of the Linux kernel.
It supports more than one joystick or light-gun at the same time.

For USB devices this driver doesn't require any configuration. It's able to autodetect all the present hardware.

This driver is also able to correctly report the type of devices found. You should for example expects to have the gas pedal mapped on the gas control of the game.

One last question:
Do you need to calibrate whatever joysticks you're using w/ the GP-Wiz49 everytime you boot up the PC?  ??? Thanks!  :)

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »
Thanks for the fast response. It sounds like it should be seen by the event node. I'm guessing to run the 'advj' utility to get the kernel name of the device, then just write another 'local rule' (like I did for the mice) - and s/b set to go:

This driver works in Linux and it uses the new style input-event interface of the Linux kernel.

For USB devices this driver doesn't require any configuration. It's able to autodetect all the present hardware.

This driver is also able to correctly report the type of devices found. You should for example expects to have the gas pedal mapped on the gas control of the game.

One last question:
Do you need to calibrate whatever joysticks you're using w/ the GP-Wiz49 everytime you boot up the PC?  ??? Thanks!  :)

I'll take your word for it.  Linux is a bit outside of my current focal range, so at the moment, I have to defer to those with more experience with it.   :)

With Windows, where the unsigned 8-bit reports are properly interpreted, no calibration is ever necessary.  I can't say for sure with Linux.  I would suspect, however, that the calibration utility (if a working one exists) would remember the devices and calibration data, and simply use the calibration data for the device when it is found.  If this is the case, it should need to be done only once.

The Shipping estimate on your website isn't working .

Unfortunately, it's still not.  Apparently the USPS is experiencing a very serious problem with their servers.  After a long chat with our webhost, and finding nothing wrong on their end, I had a talk with the local postmaster. He is pulling his hair out just trying to file his reports.  If I were to guess, it sounds like they may have been hacked in a big way, as robust data systems like the ones they surely use, don't have issues of this magnitude for as long as it seems to be going on.

In the meantime, domestic customers can still select the "Flat Rate Priority" option.  If regular Priority mail ends up as less costly, we will change it before the order is charged.  International customers will unfortunately need to be patient while this gets worked out.  Hopefully, it won't be much longer.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »
It figures that 15 minutes after I update the status, USPS comes back online  :banghead:

In any case, everything is working again.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: 49 way ball tops and centering grommet
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2013, 12:58:20 am »
I picked up 4 midway 49 way sticks off ebay not too long ago. one of the centering grommets is pretty much shot, and they all have bat handles which I hate.
I noticed you have a replacement grommet, and you used to sell replacement ball top sticks. I assume the grommet will work, but also that you no longer have the ball tops in stock?

Sorry I missed this one.  I recently found a small cache of the upgraded stainless shafts and special actuators we had made in the past.  They are for the original Midway 49-way sticks (.25" grommets), and won't work with the current HAPP version.  They are the parts we used on the high end 49-ways we were building.  The cost of these is $22.95 each, and includes choice of Hand-Candy Balltops.

Other news.....

About a page back in this thread I mentioned the possibility of offering a custom CNC panel service.  Tron84, being an adventurous soul, convinced me to forge ahead by ordering one :).

Here's the nice dedicated trackball panel design he came up with, and which I just finished for him (shown with permission..Thanks Jeff!);

So we'll kick off the GroovyCNC service now on a trial basis and see how it goes.  As indicated earlier, $34.95 plus shipping for a custom panel, made from your finished drawings.

Requirements:
  • Must be 12" high x 26" long or smaller.  3/4" MDF only, unfinished.
  • Files must be supplied in .CDR (Corel versions up to and including X4), .EPS, .AI or .DXF format, in that order of preference.  Vector data only.
  • If pockets (cuts which aren't all of the way through) are desired, these must be indicated on the files in some manner to show the depth.  Pockets may be on one side only.
  • No cuts smaller than 1/4" in any dimension.
  • Accuracy is very good, typically within about 15 thousandths of an inch.  But don't make tolerances too tight.  It 's always best to design things with a small amount of leeway to ensure proper fit.
  • No complaining. :)  If you send a screwed up drawing and you get a part that matches, that's the way it's supposed to work.  But I will review designs for obvious issues and will report it if I find one.
  • Precision T-Molding slot may be added for an additional $5.00

Let me know if there are any questions, or drop me an email with your design if you wish to order one.

Thanks,
RandyT

tron84

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2017, 06:45:56 am
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2013, 01:31:41 am »

[/quote]

Other news.....

About a page back in this thread I mentioned the possibility of offering a custom CNC panel service.  Tron84, being an adventurous soul, convinced me to forge ahead by ordering one :).

Here's the nice dedicated trackball panel design he came up with, and which I just finished for him (shown with permission..Thanks Jeff!);

So we'll kick off the GroovyCNC service now on a trial basis and see how it goes.  As indicated earlier, $34.95 plus shipping for a custom panel, made from your finished drawings.

Requirements:
  • Must be 12" high x 26" long or smaller.  3/4" MDF only, unfinished.
  • Files must be supplied in .CDR (Corel versions up to and including X4), .EPS, .AI or .DXF format, in that order of preference.  Vector data only.
  • If pockets (cuts which aren't all of the way through) are desired, these must be indicated on the files in some manner to show the depth.  Pockets may be on one side only.
  • No cuts smaller than 1/4" in any dimension.
  • Accuracy is very good, typically within about 15 thousandths of an inch.  But don't make tolerances too tight.  It 's always best to design things with a small amount of leeway to ensure proper fit.
  • No complaining. :)  If you send a screwed up drawing and you get a part that matches, that's the way it's supposed to work.  But I will review designs for obvious issues and will report it if I find one.
  • Precision T-Molding slot may be added for an additional $5.00

Let me know if there are any questions, or drop me an email with your design if you wish to order one.

Thanks,
RandyT
[/quote]

Thank you Again Randy :cheers: :applaud: :applaud:
It looks Great!!!!! Once again another Great service from GroovyGameGear  :cheers: :applaud:

Jeff

happyfunball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2015, 07:49:39 pm
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 11:03:14 am »

Sorry I missed this one.  I recently found a small cache of the upgraded stainless shafts and special actuators we had made in the past.  They are for the original Midway 49-way sticks (.25" grommets), and won't work with the current HAPP version.  They are the parts we used on the high end 49-ways we were building.  The cost of these is $22.95 each, and includes choice of Hand-Candy Balltops.

excellent. these are the old midway ones as best I can tell. I will order one friday with the option to order 3 more later if they are still in stock. as of now these are untested by me and I don't know if any or all work so I dont want to order a bunch I can't use. I'm going to assume at least one can be made to work. the boards all look fine.

I will say I'm not sure how these grommets attach to the shaft. can't tell if they are two pieces that screw together or its just glued on.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »
I will say I'm not sure how these grommets attach to the shaft. can't tell if they are two pieces that screw together or its just glued on.

If you have the parts on the bottom removed, and it's still not coming out, it's probably rust or gunk.  Shoot some WD-40 or similar at the connection and give it some time to work.  Then pull, while twisting the stick.

MotorHedJr

• Offline Offline
  • Christmas everyday!!!
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »

One last question:

I'll take your word for it.  Linux is a bit outside of my current focal range, so at the moment, I have to defer to those with more experience with it.   :)

With Windows, where the unsigned 8-bit reports are properly interpreted, no calibration is ever necessary.  I can't say for sure with Linux.  I would suspect, however, that the calibration utility (if a working one exists) would remember the devices and calibration data, and simply use the calibration data for the device when it is found.  If this is the case, it should need to be done only once.

Thanks Randy, I'm gonna give it a try on my current build. I will report my results if you are interested.

Question:
How do I order one of the 49-way 'Mercedes' joysticks you mention in a previous post? I can't seem to find them on the website.  ??? Thanks.  :)

Regards,
MotorHed Jr.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2013, 01:24:15 pm »
Question:
How do I order one of the 49-way 'Mercedes' joysticks you mention in a previous post? I can't seem to find them on the website.  ??? Thanks.  :)

Until I can get them up on the store, when you place the order, also order a "Widget".  This is our catch all item for special products.  Note in the comments at checkout time that you want the "Proteus" stick, and indicate the knob color.  We will modify the order appropriately.

MotorHedJr

• Offline Offline
  • Christmas everyday!!!
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »
Question:

Until I can get them up on the store, when you place the order, also order a "Widget".  This is our catch all item for special products.  Note in the comments at checkout time that you want the "Proteus" stick, and indicate the knob color.  We will modify the order appropriately.

Excellent. Thanks Randy!!!  :)

MotorHedJr

• Offline Offline
  • Christmas everyday!!!
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »
Question:

Hi Randy,

Joystick and parts came today  :applaud:

Question1:
How do you take apart the joystick so that the dustwasher can be on the top of the cp when it is mounted? I expected the knob to twist off. I tried it w/ out excessive force and no go. Does it even come off?  ???

Question2:
What is your preferred method of mounting these? I found a post on this forum suggesting a 1 1/2" cutout hole too... What size do you use?  ???

My thought is it looks like it wants to be screwed in up through the bottom (b/c no corners on pcb) instead of bolted through the top.  :-\  Thanks!   :)

Regards,
MotorHedJr

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »
Question1:
How do you take apart the joystick so that the dustwasher can be on the top of the cp when it is mounted? I expected the knob to twist off. I tried it w/ out excessive force and no go. Does it even come off?  ???

The knob does twist off, but I tighten them a little tight to make sure it doesn't come off during use.   You can either wrap the shaft with a few layers of shop rag and use pliers to hold it, or unscrew the actuator on the bottom.  The latter will allow you to remove the entire shaft for installation.

Question2:
What is your preferred method of mounting these? I found a post on this forum suggesting a 1 1/2" cutout hole too... What size do you use?  ???

My thought is it looks like it wants to be screwed in up through the bottom (b/c no corners on pcb) instead of bolted through the top.  :-\  Thanks!   :)

1.5" is fine. It depends on the panel thickness.  If you gauge the hole size so you can reach the extents of the 49 positon grid, and size the hole to just over that, you panel will help to limit the throw.  The stick assembly does this as well, so it's not really important to be too concerned about the size, as long as you can reach the corners.

Mounting is like any other stick.  You can screw them onto the panel from the bottom, use inserts, create a pocket for a little extra shaft length, etc.  It really depends on the installation and what you are looking for.  Due to the fact that these use the rubber grommet for centering, there is a little more resistance than pretty much all of the Japanese styled sticks.  This is countered by the fact that you don't need to move them as far to get activation (you can, but you don't need to :) ).  But this does mean that one is able to torque them around pretty good in the heat of play, so if choosing to use only wood screws, make sure they are large and with deep threads.

BigE_AWOL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2014, 08:37:08 pm
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks  to Randy, and all the rest at GGG. As a first time builder, it was really easy to select my items and place my order. I want to mention that I made a mistake with my order, so I emailed Randy right away and the problem was fixed without any issue. I also appreciate the fact that I received email updates on my order before it even shipped. Fixing customers mistakes, order updates, plus super fast shipping are reasons for me to order from Randy again.
 :cheers:

thak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2013, 02:58:55 am
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:14 am »
Hi, everyone!
I'm pretty new with the BYOAC concept... But I want to jump in now :-)
So I have a small question...
Does any of you, already test the keywiz 40 ST (or usb version) with a raspberry pi and PiMAME distro? If yes, can we go on without keyboard at all?

Sorry my english, not my mothertongue and thanks for your answer!

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2013, 03:51:38 pm »
Hey, there...  do you have dimensions / schematic for the mounting scheme for the TurboTwist High-Low?  Trying to put together a panel for a customer and I need this information for the CNC plans.

Thanks.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2013, 03:53:12 pm »
Hey, there...  do you have dimensions / schematic for the mounting scheme for the TurboTwist High-Low?  Trying to put together a panel for a customer and I need this information for the CNC plans.

Thanks.

Bump.  I really need an answer for this.  Have also emailed, no response.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »

Sorry, heavy order load this week.  I also had to find my source files for this part.

See the attached DXF file.  It should make it easy for you (better than dimensional drawings).

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »

Sorry, heavy order load this week.  I also had to find my source files for this part.

See the attached DXF file.  It should make it easy for you (better than dimensional drawings).

Thanks for that, I was just able to copy / paste into my plans.   :cheers:

What is the thickness of that acrylic mounting piece, 1/8"?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

No problem.  Plan on about .103", but it can vary a little between parts.  Manufacturer tolerances on acrylic  thickness aren't extremely tight.

Also, if insetting the plate, don't forget to give the perimeter a little clearance.  I'm sure you are aware of these things, but sometimes folks will try to put a 1" peg in a 1" hole, which doesn't work :)

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2013, 04:46:07 pm »

No problem.  Plan on about .103", but it can vary a little between parts.  Manufacturer tolerances on acrylic  thickness aren't extremely tight.

Also, if insetting the plate, don't forget to give the perimeter a little clearance.  I'm sure you are aware of these things, but sometimes folks will try to put a 1" peg in a 1" hole, which doesn't work :)

Cool deal. Thanks for the dimensions.  And yeah, I tend to "grow" things slightly in plans to allow for a little wiggle room.   :cheers:

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:04 pm »
Hey Randy, you don't happen to have the similar plans for the light guns you carry, do you? I'm building some 'holsters' for my cab, and would really appreciate the info for better fitment!

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:54 am »
Hey Randy, you don't happen to have the similar plans for the light guns you carry, do you? I'm building some 'holsters' for my cab, and would really appreciate the info for better fitment!

I think you are thinking of a different vendor.  I know, the names are only off by one letter, but my parents couldn't have known   ;D

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2013, 01:15:52 pm »
I think you are thinking of a different vendor.  I know, the names are only off by one letter, but my parents couldn't have known   ;D

D'OH! You're totally right. Thanks!

:P

steved61

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 05:11:16 pm
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2013, 08:19:41 am »
Any idea when the TurboTwist High-Low™ Push-Pull Arcade Spinner Control will be back in stock?
Thanks SteveD61

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2013, 09:54:42 am »
Any idea when the TurboTwist High-Low™ Push-Pull Arcade Spinner Control will be back in stock?
Thanks SteveD61

Parts are being produced right now, so we should be seeing them in about a week.