Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog  (Read 144887 times)

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
-VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:57:36 pm »
I'm not going to put a big price list of parts in this post (the store is a better place to get that, and other, info about the items), but we have been expanding the catalog and will continue to do so over the next few months.  These items are tested and / or modified to meet my personal performance expectations.  Otherwise, they would not be part of our catalog.  These items are new to GroovyGameGear, but may not warrant announcement threads of their own.

But for those who haven't been by the site recently, we have recently added the following to our ever expanding catalog;

ChromaLite™ Chrome plated illuminated buttons with GGG's custom sub-20-gram actuation force Standard Soft Touch™ microswitch included at the base price of $2.35 each.  We have upgraded lighting (more output) for this style of button in stock, which will be put on the store shortly.

SpectraLite™ illuminated buttons with GGG's custom sub-20-gram actuation force Standard Soft Touch™ microswitch included at the base price of $2.15 each.  These are the better performing, re-engineered versions with the lighter spring, and new lower resistance "stepped" plunger leg design, which makes them more comfortable for extended play and eliminates the binding and "squeaking" of similar buttons.  The super-wide angle output (nearly hemispherical) LEDs are also ~4x brighter because the LEDs are half the distance from the diffuser (see: inverse square law).

We have started offering our Arcade PRIME™ Pushbuttons as an alternative to the HAPP pushbuttons, which we still offer.  The Arcade PRIME pushbuttons are the same quality but offer a quicker switch engagement than the HAPP design.  Red button is shown, but they are also available in Black, White, Green, Yellow and Blue.  Our Sub-20-gram actuation force Standard Soft Touch™ microswitch is included at the base price of $1.20 each.

The GGG SmoothStick™ is a pre-built, pre-adjusted HAPP Competition stick with our Versa-Micro™ adjustable switches built in.  Virtually silent operation once installed, providing smoother action, while retaining compatibility with other modifications intended for the HAPP Competition joystick.  $19.95

This is one that's been requested for a while now.  The Wiring Kits were made to our requirements (extra length for maximum controls / interface placement flexibility) and are available as an option for any of our screw terminal interfaces.  We will add them as an option to the Eco line shortly.  The kits are sold in 10 switch increments, up to 40.  The option price for these is up to 10 switches - $4.95, up to 20 switches - $9.75, up to 30 switches - $14.50, up to 40 switches - $19.00.

This is a budget PS3/PC USB Gamepad Interface with wiring that folks have probably seen around.  We gave it longer wiring, dual ground chains with extra connectors, and uniform .187" insulated female QD's to make it easier to use with full size panels and standard controls.  $27.95

A true Opti-Wiz™ plug-in ready 3" arcade trackball available in basic form, or with a number of customizations like High-Res encoders, HQ oiled bearings and Diffused translucent color balls with Nova-TB™ high-output LED light units.  Base Price is $59.95.  Option prices can be viewed at the product listing.

_
A couple more recently added accessory items.  A 4-Pack of Deluxe PCB Standoffs at a great price of only $1.39 per pack.  Also, a very nice 15 Amp, 110 watt power supply, with adjustable +5vDC, -5vDC and +12vDC output.  These are switchable between 110v and 220v and sell for only $18.95.

_
Real arcade-quality True-Leaf Pro™ based leaf-switch controls.  The Leaf-Pro™ stick is available in both 8-way and 4-way versions, $17.95 and $18.95 respectively.  GGG's own CLASSX™ Pushbuttons are available with True-Leaf Pro™ leaf-switches to round out a fully leaf-switch-equipped control panel.

__
A couple of new joystick offerings.  The Roundhouse™ starts at $9.95, and the Spitfire™ starts at $8.95.  Both have options available, such as GGG's SmoothJoy™ quiet joystick switches and laser cut dust washers.  The Spitfire™ is the first joystick to be added to the GGG store which is compatible with, and offers as an option, our new HandCandy™ Premium Arcade Joystick Ball Tops.  The ball tops are seamless, perfectly round, precision ground and polished, and far more durable than anything else out there. They are compatible with any 6mm joystick shaft, but are available as reduced-price options on compatible sticks sold by GroovyGameGear.

Another Hand-Candy™ Ball-Top compatible joystick.  This one has an installer selectable 2 / 4 / 8 way restriction, and comes in either short or long shaft configurations.  SmoothJoy™ switches and laser cut dust washers are also options with this stick.  Starts at $8.95

That should do it for now, but as usual, more good stuff is coming ;)  Check this post and/or drop by the store regularly for updates.  You can also click on the "New Products" category (Link) at the store to get a list of  the most recently added itens.

RandyT
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:48:24 pm by RandyT »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: -VENDOR- GroovyGameGear.com - Latest updates to our catalog
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:50:04 pm »

Updated main post with Groovy-TB 3" Trackball and XIN-MO Budget interface.  More coming soon!

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:09:31 pm »
Another quick update.  We have had some suggestions to include more economical, albeit slower, shipping methods for folks who just want to order a few small items.  Normally, we would make adjustments for these on a case by case basis and reduce shipping charges, but we have now added First-Class and Parcel Post shipping options to the store.  As First-Class is faster than Parcel Post, we will try to use First-Class whenever possible, even if the store only offers Parcel Post as an option for that particular order.  For large orders, or orders for heavy items, Parcel post can be considerably more economical than Priority, if you aren't in a hurry.  Priority and Express mail are still available options as well.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:55:46 am »

Updated main post with new stuff.  We will have a couple more HandCandy™ compatible joysticks and more button options coming in the next update :).

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 03:41:29 am »
Small change to the options list for the optical-based controls and interfaces.  We were able to get a good price on having the Mouse Button Harnesses made (we used to do it ourselves), so we are passing it on.  We normally sell them for $9.95, but each optical control and interface now has an additional option called "Special Deal" where the harness can be added for only $3.95.

The harness is a 4 pin, straight connector with 3 ~24" wires and a ~34" groundchain, terminated with .187" fully-insulated female QD's.  This allows for three buttons to be hooked to the three mouse button inputs on our optical interfaces.

We had to have a lot of them made to get the cost down, so I'm going to offer this retroactively as well to anyone who has purchased an Electric ICE-T™, a Groovy-TB™, an Opti-Wiz™, or a TurboTwist™ Spinner in the past.  Just leave a note in the order comments that you have one of these controls, and we'll make sure you get the reduced price.

Also, Zippyy™ Joystick added to our catalog, long and short shaft versions.  First post modified to reflect the addition.

RandyT
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:51:44 am by RandyT »

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »
Randy -

When will the Novagems be back in stock?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
When will the Novagems be back in stock?

I have been told that the mod we requested has been done to the mold, and the samples are supposed to be arriving today for my approval.  Haven't seen them yet, though.  If everything is ok, we should be able to get the production rolling very shortly thereafter.  I know, it's been a long road.  But the new buttons should be very nice when we finally get through it.

mixelplick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2021, 07:38:34 pm
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 03:00:03 am »
Did the samples look good? :notworthy:

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2021, 03:50:10 pm
    • Random Projects
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:35:13 pm »
I see the electric Ice are back in stock.  Are the Nova gems coming as well shortly?
Check out my current 3 machine build:
http://yaksplat.wordpress.com

Custom Control Panels: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121245

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »
I see the electric Ice are back in stock.  Are the Nova gems coming as well shortly?

They are.  I have Green, Blue, Yellow and Orange in stock.  We are waiting on the purple, clear and updated red plungers.

Should be very soon now.

RandyT

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »
Oh, are the purple new?  I'm doing a halloween themed cabinet and I'd be interested in seeing the orange and purple buttons. Can you post pictures on your site or here?

Thanks!

mixelplick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »
Glad to see you have some colors in. Did the red ones come in yet?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 03:20:13 pm »
Glad to see you have some colors in. Did the red ones come in yet?

They were supposed to be here any day.  I have a progress inquiry in.

mike96sc2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2016, 10:33:27 pm
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »
I just ordered a J-Pac from you. Surprisingly your prices were even better than Ultimarc (at least when it came to shipping, that sealed the deal plus I wanted to support someone on the boards).

How is the feedback from the Spectralite buttons? I love the look and want to illuminate all my buttons but I'm apprehensive about buying a whole set of buttons and not being happy. Also are they just flat buttons or are they more concave like what most of us grew up with? I'm converting my Capcom cabinet now and I'm trying to really research all the parts to align to what I want / am accustomed to.

Thanks! -Mike

Nephasth

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 08:25:58 pm »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:46 am »
I just ordered a J-Pac from you.

Nope, not from us.  But since we don't offer an alternative to that kind of device, that's ok ;)

How is the feedback from the Spectralite buttons? I love the look and want to illuminate all my buttons but I'm apprehensive about buying a whole set of buttons and not being happy. Also are they just flat buttons or are they more concave like what most of us grew up with? I'm converting my Capcom cabinet now and I'm trying to really research all the parts to align to what I want / am accustomed to.

Folks seem to really like them with switch options we offer with them.  We ship them every day and have not had complaints.  They are slightly convex, so quite different from the concave buttons you may be used to.  If the plunger shape is a deal breaker, you may want to keep looking.  If not, they are an attractive and affordable option.

RandyT

mike96sc2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2016, 10:33:27 pm
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »
I just ordered a J-Pac from you.

Nope, not from us.  But since we don't offer an alternative to that kind of device, that's ok ;)

Folks seem to really like them with switch options we offer with them.  We ship them every day and have not had complaints.  They are slightly convex, so quite different from the concave buttons you may be used to.  If the plunger shape is a deal breaker, you may want to keep looking.  If not, they are an attractive and affordable option.

RandyT

You're right. Well whomever I did buy from is on the boards so at least someone is getting some support.

Once I'm ready to dig into the buttons I will certainly pick some up from you. I'm not sure if the shape is a big deal, just I don't recall every playing with anything otherwise. I'll have to get some and wire them in side by side, see if it's as big a deal as it is in my mind.

Many thanks!

LeedsFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2021, 06:14:23 am
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 10:28:11 am »
A couple of quick questions Randy... (I'm having some trouble with emails right now for some reason)

When will you have any of the Leaf-Pro 4-way joysticks back in stock?
And what is the clearance depth needed for the ClassX buttons with leaf-pro switches fitted? Basically the length but not including the bezel.

elkameleon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2014, 08:31:00 pm
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 09:08:58 am »
I just wanted to send out a huge thanks to Randy, I got my order of buttons super fast, and then the packaging... :o My buttons were shrink wrapped separately from the switches and lock nuts, this must take significant time if you have a lot of orders to fulfill. I was really wowed by this, maybe i'm just easy to please, but i've ordered parts from other places that just throw everything into a yellow bubble mailer and call it a day. Thanks again, and I look forward to ordering again from you in the future. :applaud:

GreenChemist

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2012, 05:31:05 pm
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 11:00:24 am »
I second what elkameleon said.  I'm building my second MAME cabinet and my order from GGG was packed to perfection.  I guess I've grown used to getting parts from other vendors just thrown in a mailer and sent on their way.  Pride in your work goes a long way.  I'm already a repeat GGG customer, and I'll keep coming back.

mixelplick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 06:36:24 pm »
Hi Randy,

Any idea when the Illuminated buttons might be available? Been checking every day since your Nov post and I haven't seen any come up.

THanks!

Mike

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 07:20:47 pm »
Any idea when the Illuminated buttons might be available? Been checking every day since your Nov post and I haven't seen any come up.

Should be very soon.  I'll try to remember to post an update to this thread when the next batch arrives.

Also, a "Thank You" to the folks who commented above.  Our philosophy is that proper always trumps fast.  Glad to hear that the extra efforts are being appreciated :).

RandyT

mixelplick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »
Thanks Randy! :cheers:

nraupach

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2023, 04:57:05 pm
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »

Should be very soon.  I'll try to remember to post an update to this thread when the next batch arrives.

Also, a "Thank You" to the folks who commented above.  Our philosophy is that proper always trumps fast.  Glad to hear that the extra efforts are being appreciated :).

RandyT

Glad to hear they'll be back in stock soon!  I just signed-up for notifications to this thread so I hope you'll remember to post. :)  We're waiting to give you some $$$

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2023, 08:49:34 am
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »
Yes.  subscribing...I also dropped a note at the site for a quote.  Can't wait@@@

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

AJ

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 02:40:17 pm »

As promised, here's the notification that the latest batch of Electric ICE 2 buttons are in.  Don't say I didn't tell you  ;D

Thanks for hanging in there.  I'll try to keep pushing for more.

RandyT

mixelplick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »
Great News Randy, thanks!!!

Any idea when some Novagems will be coming in?

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 02:58:08 pm »
Great News Randy, thanks!!!

Any idea when some Novagems will be coming in?

Some are already here.  I'm hoping this latest shipment is signaling the beginning of the rest of the colors to start showing up.  At the moment, we have Clear, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue.  We are waiting on Red and Purple.

RandyT

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:32 pm »
Awesome.  Do you have more information on the EI trackballs?  You mentioned that you have black ones.  Is that a ball and light kit for existing Happ trackballs, or an entire trackball assembly?  If the former, do you have any pics of it lit up?

Also, would it make more sense to use blue novagems if I'm only going to be lighting them up in blue, rather than the EI2s with the RGB drive(I dont' think and LED-wiz is in my future)?  If so, how do I put them in my cart?

Thanks!
AJ (shopping cart filling up...)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:42:07 pm by mcseforsale »

mixelplick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »
Randy, can we order the colors your currently have in or will the ability to order from your site come in to play when you get the rest of the colors in?

Thanks!

Mie

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 01:34:38 pm »
Funny seeing how fast the EI button stock dropped since you posted yesterday.  Congrats  :applaud:

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 02:00:12 pm »
Funny seeing how fast the EI button stock dropped since you posted yesterday.  Congrats  :applaud:

Thanks! :)  That's what happens when folks are waiting for them to show on the site, and I send out emails to let them know they are there.  We wait and wait for the next shipment, and then when they arrive, we get a month+ worth of orders for them in one day.  We have more on order, and hopefully we can get the factory to be a little more consistent in their deliveries to prevent this.

No pics yet for the "black" trackballs.  We're working on getting that project together.  But I will offer them to folks who are interested, either in the full trackball configuration, or as an upgrade.  In answer to the EI2 or NG2, when using a solid color, I would recommend the NG2, as long as one is certain that RGB won't be desired down the road.  The NG2's are made from the same mold as the EI2's, so all of the other features and options are the same.

Anyone interested in pre-release sales of either of the two items above can email me for ordering instructions.

RandyT

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »
Just placed my order for the EI2 buttons (x16).  I'd love to see a pic of the trackball, and a price as an upgrade for a Happ 3".  I couldn't swing the VersaBall2s and the trackball yet...probably next week.  But, I'd love to see it...

Thanks!
AJ

nraupach

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2023, 04:57:05 pm
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:11 am »
Hi Randy,

Do you have any guides on how to use your LEDs with the Electric Ice 2 buttons?  I'm a little apprehensive because I'm not skilled at this stuff and I don't see how to insert the ButtonBlaster LEDs into the button body, and then how to wire them up to the LED-WIZ.

The NovaGems seem to have the LEDs pre-installed.  Maybe that is a better option for me.

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
A note from Randy...
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »
I got an update email pretty quick after ordering my buttons, then it didn't change for a few days, so I pinged him and here's what he had to say...

"When we put the last shipment on the store, we nearly sold out of over 600 of these buttons in 1 day.  We need to make the lighting units for them, so they can take a little bit of time to get done.  We are working on it, so it shouldn't be much longer. "

1.) Pretty cool to let me know..
2.) WOW..that's a log of fugging buttons!  Congratulations!

So, give Randy some time to get the PCBs done for them.  I bet it looked like a movie when he checked the web site..." Wow!  Very cool! good order!"....."wow, that's a lot of buttons to ship"...."holy crap...they're selling out!!!"...."oh, my...we have to make PCBs....STAT!"

hahahaha.

Thanks Randy...take your time.   :applaud:

AJ

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 12:42:19 pm »
Hi Randy,

Do you have any guides on how to use your LEDs with the Electric Ice 2 buttons?  I'm a little apprehensive because I'm not skilled at this stuff and I don't see how to insert the ButtonBlaster LEDs into the button body, and then how to wire them up to the LED-WIZ.

The NovaGems seem to have the LEDs pre-installed.  Maybe that is a better option for me.

The NG2's are definitely an easier option.  But a dab of hot melt is plenty to hold a standard LED in the EI2 buttons.  But this is a DIY approach, which also means soldering wires and resistors.  It's easier to use the lighting units where we do all that.

I bet it looked like a movie when he checked the web site..." Wow!  Very cool! good order!"....."wow, that's a lot of buttons to ship"...."holy crap...they're selling out!!!"...."oh, my...we have to make PCBs....STAT!"

That's the problem when we go OOS for a while, and we can't get regular deliveries from the factory.  We never know the demand that is waiting, and then we get bogged down when it's higher than expected.  Hopefully, we can get the factory to get us more regular shipments and we won't end up with a month+ of orders for these hitting us all at once.  I'm almost scared to put the NG2's online when they arrive.  ;D

RandyT

Trip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:37:04 pm
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »
Any word yet on the regular translucent 3" trackball upgrade kits?

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:57 pm »
I'm almost scared to put the NG2's online when they arrive.  ;D

I'll be glad to tell you my order right now :)

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 01:58:34 pm »
Yeah... +1.  I'm in need of an illuminated trackball (upgrade for HAPP).  The black one sounds interesting.  It'd be going on this:

Randy, I'd still be interested in this, along with the 3 versa-ball 2 sticks I'm going to be ordering. 

I know y'all are super busy, but if you put up some pics of the trackball, I might be able to swing the order to correspond with the shipping of the buttons.  I've been putting in mad hours at work this past week and have the hall-pass for this.  :afro:

AJ

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 04:24:19 pm »
Any pics of that black trackball upgrade?  I need to place a pretty big order...basically an entire new 2P CP worth of stuff.  I need 6 buttons per player, plus 2 competition joys, 1 super joy (for 4 way) with 2 buttons, a trackball (usb) and an encoder...plus I *MIGHT* sneak in some stuff for my CP.  >:D.

AJ

Yeah... +1.  I'm in need of an illuminated trackball (upgrade for HAPP).  The black one sounds interesting.  It'd be going on this:

Randy, I'd still be interested in this, along with the 3 versa-ball 2 sticks I'm going to be ordering. 

I know y'all are super busy, but if you put up some pics of the trackball, I might be able to swing the order to correspond with the shipping of the buttons.  I've been putting in mad hours at work this past week and have the hall-pass for this.  :afro:

AJ