Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: wheres the problem ?  (Read 10052 times)

tteettuk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2011, 08:24:02 am
wheres the problem ?
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:02:41 am »
Ive built a touch screen wall mounted pc, which is a jukebox.
A friend asked me to build him one so i did same components as the first one, but:
Sometimes his will not boot up ? he will leave it and then all of a sudden it boots up ? and sometimes it will boot up and then shut down and then start up, shut down etc and keep cycling through the boot up/ shut down motions.
It can happen (the boot up/shut down) on different stages of the boot up, bios page, loading windows etc any ideas ? thanks

tteettuk

• Offline Offline
Re: wheres the problem ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 09:18:52 am »
Hi forgot to mention it does not happen all the time, ive been round to see the pc/jukebox and it worked fine, so my friend videoed the fault for me, cause he thought i thought he was making the fault up !

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 09:50:33 am »
Sounds like either a bad powersupply or not quite connected cable somewhere. I'd go through and reseat everything. Is the mobo in an actual computer case or decased and just mounted to the inside of the juke case? Could be a grounding issue in that case.

tteettuk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »
The mobo is fixed a the wooden case thanks