Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Are Seimitsu Push Buttons NO and NC?  (Read 2561 times)

saradilc

• Trade Count: (0)
Are Seimitsu Push Buttons NO and NC?
« on: October 19, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »

Quick no0b question! Does the Seimitsu PS-14-GN 30mm button have a NC and NO contact?

Thanks!

SammyWI

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 07:58:00 pm
Re: Are Seimitsu Push Buttons NO and NC?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »
I believe that all of the Seimitsu (and Sanwa) pushbuttons have only two connection points and are NO only.  Unlike the Happs, Ils, etc that have three connection points and can be wired NO or NC.  (Watch, someone will be along shortly to point out some obscure Japanese pushbutton that is NO/NC and prove me wrong.   :dizzy:   :laugh:)

saradilc

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:17 pm »
Sadface!!

I needed a pushbutton that is NC and NO but is as short as the Seimitsu buttons. :(

Either that or I need to figure out a way to turn off a light using the NO Seimitsu button I ordered. (It's NO because it will be used as a guitar killswitch but I wanted it to double as a temporary off for LEDs)

Thanks for any replies!

LeedsFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2021, 06:14:23 am
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:38:37 pm »
You could take a standard Happs push button and cut the plunger and casing down to what you need, then just glue the parts back together. For a one off button I'd be temped to give this a shot in your situation. A cherry microswitch and a cut down button with enough thread for the locking nut to grip would be about 30mm long (under the panel)

Smeghead

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2015, 11:41:08 pm
  • Better Smeg than dead
    • MY MAME BUILDS
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »
I have the same space issues on my pinball cab, the plunger gets in the way of the flipper button's microswitch.
So im using a leaf switch that is pushed by the plastic tabs that poke through when you press the button.
My MAME Build:

saradilc

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:43:31 am »
You could take a standard Happs push button and cut the plunger and casing down to what you need, then just glue the parts back together. For a one off button I'd be temped to give this a shot in your situation. A cherry microswitch and a cut down button with enough thread for the locking nut to grip would be about 30mm long (under the panel)

I may have to resort to this. I actually just miraculously found a local store that has momentary switches that are short enough and have NO and NC that highly resemble arcade buttons. I'm going to check it out in person and if I like what I see I will try one of those out. Unfortunately they are 24mm and not 30mm like the Seimitsu ones I ordered, however it's not a huge deal!

As for leaf buttons I'd rather avoid using one.

Another quick question: If I get a switch that has all 3: NO, NC and GND, am I able to hook up two seperate functions to the NO and NC parts of it simultaneously, or will they interfere with eachother?

Thanks for all the replies guys!