Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Assistance with new project  (Read 863 times)

Megamangel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2022, 02:44:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Assistance with new project
« on: June 07, 2022, 12:45:43 pm »
Hey! Glad to be around you guys.  :)
I’m trying to get this project but I’m not really sure about how to execute it.

I’d love a small system, I can see raspberry 4 is the most new with different RAM options (1, 2, 4, 8GB).
What I’m planning to do is to set it up with different things:
1.   I’d like to play several videogame emulators (up to 4 players)
2.   I used to have a small jukebox, I could play music videos and karaoke as well as music
3.   I have another drive 2TB USB 3.0 with tons of media I want to display.
4.     HDMI is a must since I want carry this everywhere I go

My problems are:
1.   First, there is no stock for the raspberry 4, is there any other hardware I could use?
2.   How much ram is stable for my project? I done want to require 2GB and have more if it’s not needed
3.   I've worked with Maximus Arcade on a PC I had. This works on windows, is there any close software for what I'm trying to do?

I like the raspberry since it’s size makes it completely handful to travel with.

Let me know your comments.
Thanks!

tristan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 05:37:32 pm
  • I have no idea what's going on
    • Nothing
Re: Assistance with new project
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 01:26:30 pm »
I run Retropie on a dirt cheap Pi Zero and that one only has 512MB of RAM. It may depend on what you are trying to emulate (I mainly do NES/SNES/Sega games on mine). If you are trying to emulate newer stuff, it will likely need more umph. I can't speak to the video and music since all my TVs just support that stuff natively now.