Software Support > GroovyMAME

Switchres: modeline generator engine

<< < (5/260) > >>

bitbytebit:

--- Quote from: ves on October 11, 2010, 04:31:25 am ---Hi, I have several questions, what happened to the diff nativeres.diff cabmame.diff and are no longer needed?
what version of mame you are using to implement the new diff? as I tried to apply the diff to the version 139u3 because they always give an error, I have proven with the 139 version where if you run the 0139u3_frogger.diff and hi_139-linux.diff, but hi_dat_dir.diff does not work as a missing hiscore.c because there is, because it can be? but you lack any diff? what you may be using a version of cabmame to deploy your patches and therefore in a official mame not work?

With respect to the Ati driver version you're using Xorg, kernel and linux distribution?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

The cabmame patch was just a quick try at porting it, but I realized it really wasn't working as expected and those cabmame patches in general need more detailed work to fit into the SDL code.  The nativeres patch didn't seem to do anything different with it applied, and when looking at the code it really seems to not even fit in with switchres enabled which all this is made to work with.  So those patches are no longer needed, the newer patches I have basically need to be applied in order in Mame 0.139u3 and that hi_dat_dir.diff needs to be applied last after the other 2 because it changes the first hiscore patch slightly.  Also you need to apply the hiscore patch from http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64298.0 first before my Linux hiscore patch, it's based off that patch.  I should have made that more clear, all the patches essentially are just extra too though and the lrmc/ATI driver of course only slightly need the frogger patch and that's if you want to display galaxian/frogger in closer to native res too.

So basically first apply the patch from http://mamestuff.lowtrucks.net/MKChamp/hi_139u3.txt
Then apply the 0139u3_frogger.diffpatch
Then apply the hi_139-linux.diff patch
Then apply the hi_dat_dir.diff patch

This should be on a clean 0139u3 version of Mame.

The ATI driver is just the Xorg one without any distribution specifics, version 6.13.0 of that ati driver and version 1.7.7 of the xorg-server (although I think the ati driver is somewhat version independent hopefully).  I think it should work on any newer 2.6 kernel.  The original ati driver comes from here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/  and taking the vanilla version of 6.13.0 and doing a diff against it, then applying that diff to any other version newer of the ati driver, in theory should allow applying it to other versions of the ati driver.  I use Gentoo and just pulled the original sources tarballs for it from what portage downloaded and worked off that, so this is the original xf86-video-ati-6.13.0 driver basically just with the lrmc changes to it.

ves:
Hello, for anyone who is interested in compiling the driver etc. .. I leave from ubuntu packages needed to compile the driver Ati.
x11proto-DRI2-dev_2.3-1_all.deb
x11proto-fonts-dev_2.1.0-1_all.deb
x11proto-video-dev_2.3.0-1_all.deb
x11proto-xf86dri-dev_2.1.0-1_all.deb
xserver-xorg-Dev_2 :1.9.0-0ubuntu7_i386. deb

In order to compile mame I had to patch from windows with the original mame u1, u2, u3, and hiscore.diff, after that I could apply your patches and I was able to compile it (it is compiling yet), now just need to try it I'll tell you how it works.

It is possible to patch from linux with the original mame updates u1, u2, u3? as with the command patch -p1 < 0139u1.diff or patch -p0 -E < 0139u1.diff etc. .. always fails, as can be done from linux?

Any suggestions for using this with a monitor HANTAREX 9110?

Thanks.

bitbytebit:

--- Quote from: ves on October 11, 2010, 05:21:11 am ---Hello, for anyone who is interested in compiling the driver etc. .. I leave from ubuntu packages needed to compile the driver Ati.
x11proto-DRI2-dev_2.3-1_all.deb
x11proto-fonts-dev_2.1.0-1_all.deb
x11proto-video-dev_2.3.0-1_all.deb
x11proto-xf86dri-dev_2.1.0-1_all.deb
xserver-xorg-Dev_2 :1.9.0-0ubuntu7_i386. deb

In order to compile mame I had to patch from windows with the original mame u1, u2, u3, and hiscore.diff, after that I could apply your patches and I was able to compile it (it is compiling yet), now just need to try it I'll tell you how it works.

It is possible to patch from linux with the original mame updates u1, u2, u3? as with the command patch -p1 < 0139u1.diff or patch -p0 -E < 0139u1.diff etc. .. always fails, as can be done from linux?

Any suggestions for using this with a monitor HANTAREX 9110?

Thanks.
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

--- End quote ---

I use -p0 -E as options to patch, and from within the mame source directory itself.  With that monitor, if it's strict CGA then in the xorg.conf file you want the ArcadeMonitor Option to be set to cga instead of the current d9800 it is (inside the xorg/xorg.conf-top template).  Also when running the ./genres script use the -cga option for it, and with the patches add the -ff option for the frogger patch too.  Check the xorg/ templates to customize them to what your xorg.conf setup needs (I'm guessing it's pretty generic for these ati cards). 

What are the monitor specs, specific Vertical and Horizontal ranges and pclock range?  If your outside these CGA specs: 'Clock = 8 - 25 / 15.75 / 50 - 60' which is the lrmc default for a CGA monitor, you'll need to have a custom /etc/lrmc.conf file with the specs in it in that same format, or run lrmc -default and it'll write out a default lrmc.conf and you can edit it for your monitor and put it into /etc/lrmc.conf.  Seems the lrmc.conf file is an interesting way to really make the ati driver able to choose custom modelines to the fit monitor type, when outside the ArcadeMonitor options of cga/ega/vga/multi/d9800/d9200. 

Definitely interesting to see how it works with a pure arcade monitor, instead of my d9800.

Calamity:
Hi VeS,

It's great you've been able to build it, now it's time to test. I highly recommend you to include the patch for Mame that I pasted above (just the second one), in order to see the real emulation speed (e.g. [59.763 Hz]) when you press F9.

Regarding to Hantarex 9110 + ArcadeVGA, I believe it'll be necessary to make an specific lrmc.conf file, as -cga option may not fit here. The timings I've been using for the Hantarex MTC9110, translated to this lrmc format, would be:

Clock = 3.75 - 25 / 15.625 - 16.650 / 49.50 - 65.00

It's very important to be able to reach this low dotclock (around 3.75), otherwise lower resolutions would have huge porchs (borders).
Just to clarify things, this dotclock thing (3.75-25) is videocard related, not a monitor feature. ArcadeVGA and Radeon 9250 can be set for very low dotclocks, thus these cards are suitable for emulation. Many newer cards do not allow dotclocks as low as 3.75 MHz (some do).

Thanks

Calamity:
Sorry, I duplicated my last post...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version