Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MillerCade! Now 100% complete WOOHOO  (Read 34671 times)

DirtyDachshunds

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2014, 01:14:25 pm
    • First Project: MillerCade
MillerCade! Now 100% complete WOOHOO
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:47:12 pm »
Finished pics!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:51:12 am by DirtyDachshunds »

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:01:25 pm »
Construction has begun!

I just finished the keyboard/mouse drawer a couple days ago.  Everything will be laminated black.  I can't decide what I am going to do with the sides of the cabinet.  I will either laminate them, and make a lighted circular design similar to the Aliens cab and many others.  Or I will try to come up with some side art and print it from GameOnGrafix.  I'm leaning towards the ladder.  I might do a screen shot collage of my favorite games.

Alright, I'm off to get back to work on the cab!

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 02:31:34 pm
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:59:33 pm »
I love the CP artwork. It's simple, the graphics are easy on the eyes, there's plenty of colour, but it isn't distracting.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:07:45 pm »
I love the CP artwork. It's simple, the graphics are easy on the eyes, there's plenty of colour, but it isn't distracting.

Thanks, I've gotten mixed reviews from people.  But I like it, and that's all the matters.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:15:23 pm »
I find that the more detailed the art, the harder it is to look away from!

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:41:53 pm »
looks good, i like the control panel art (i'd love to do something similar, where did you get those ninja turtles from?)

as for the marquee, it is a very cool idea, however i agree that the C needs some work, i thought it said "Miller Lade"

this list of controls looks great too.  i just set up my 4player panel with two u360s and two JLWs. it seems you are getting alot of Ultimarc products, i'm  just curious why you chose the electric ice trackball over the Utrak? I have a Utrak and i love it, it is so easy to mount in a wooden panel

anyway, it looks like you are off to a good start, keep those pics coming
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 09:42:40 pm »
You can find the Turtles here http://vectorlib.free.fr/TMNT/
I got the electric ice trackball because I wanted an illuminated clear trackball, and that was the best option IMO.  The U-trak didn't offer a translucent white trackball.  I am not illuminating my cab at the moment, but I will in my 'phase 2' of the arcade.

My job is taking over my life this week, so progress has slowed, but I will post updated pictures this weekend.

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:05:56 pm »
I got the electric ice trackball because I wanted an illuminated clear trackball, and that was the best option IMO.  The U-trak didn't offer a translucent white trackball.  I am not illuminating my cab at the moment, but I will in my 'phase 2' of the arcade.

My job is taking over my life this week, so progress has slowed, but I will post updated pictures this weekend.

thanks for the link, it's too bad they don't have all 4 turtles. i was really hoping for all of them

just FYI>.the Utrak does offer a translucent white ball...it is listed as "Pearl", they just don't have any pictures of it on their site that arent lit up blue.  that is the one i bought..it has a very pearly white look to it when not lit, and is stunning when lit from below (blue and red look the best).

here it is without the light..

here it is lit up RED

and here it is BLUE

im sure the GGG model is awesome too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:16:41 pm by severdhed »

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:36 am »
 :applaud:  :applaud:
       Love the artwork on both control panels. You can never go wrong with Street Fighter. Keep those pics coming.

Severhed, got a link to your cabinet? I'm digging that super mario bros CP.

:cheers:

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:31:27 am »
How about something like this .....

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:04 pm »
How about something like this .....

I like it.  I'm playing around with different font styles of the letter 'C' to see what I like.  

I should have time to work on the arcade today and hope to have the base all laminated, painted, t-molded, and touched up by this weekend.

Wasn't able to work on it yesterday because I had to bottle my pumpkin ale.

Nothing like a home brew at my arcade ;)

Edit: Severdhed, looking back I probably should have went with the U-trak, but I'm happy with the GGG ball and the mounting kit doesn't seem to make it too hard to mount.  I liked how the lighting kit came with the ball.  However, I haven't started my CP yet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:13:32 pm by DirtyDachshunds »

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:48:19 pm »
:applaud:  :applaud:
       Love the artwork on both control panels. You can never go wrong with Street Fighter. Keep those pics coming.

Severhed, got a link to your cabinet? I'm digging that super mario bros CP.

thanks, here is a link to my project thread, the mario artwork was from a poster i picked up at walmart

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=106266.0

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 09:23:35 am »
Just ordered all the CP equipment, and...*ouch*

But alas, spare no expense for a job well done!

Ultimarc:
1 x AimTrak Light Gun Electronics Kit
Type: Complete kit

1 x AimTrak Light Gun Electronics Kit
Type: No LED PCB (Second gun)

2 x AimTrak Light Gun Housing Kit
8 x Classic Pushbuttons.
Color: Black

4 x Classic Pushbuttons.
Color: White

1 x Crimp Connectors
1 x Flyweight for SpinTrak
Type: Large

1 x I-PAC <sup>4</sup> Interface.
Cable Type: USB Cable

1 x Knobs for SpinTrak
Color: Red/Silver Large

1 x SpinTrak Rotary Control
Cable Type: USB Interface

2 x UltraStik 360 Optional Hard Spring
2 x UltraStik 360 Oval Top with USB cable

Order Total: $508.40

Lizardlick:
276 Bundle Item: 272272-1
Sanwa LB-30-N Bat Top, Black   
$0.00 x 2
$0.00
   113 IL Translucent Horizontal Pushbutton, Red   
$2.95 x 14
$41.30
   110 IL Translucent Horizontal Pushbutton, Blue   
$2.95 x 17
$50.15
   272272-1 Sanwa JLW-UM-8 Joystick
$19.95 x 2
$39.90
Subtotal: $131.35

So about $650 in all, and I spent another $150 or so already for a few buttons and the electic Ice trackball from GGG.

Hope it's all worth it!

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »
Update:
Base is all complete.  Laminated and fit with T-molding.

I put the top of the CP on as well to see how it would look.  The CP is HUGE I know, and I like it that way.

Next I begin work on the CP.  I should have more time off this week to work on the arcade.  It's coming along! 

TOK

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:14:24 pm
  • The Game Always Wins
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 09:01:38 pm »
IMO, your art is mismatched. You should do something to tie the marquee and control panel art together. It could be something as simple as a logo or duplicating colors. Seeing them together in your first post, they don't appear to be off the same machine.

I actually think you should ditch the existing CP art altogether and carry the beer theme down to the panel. Its original and simple enough to look like "real" machine art.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 10:37:09 pm »
IMO, your art is mismatched. You should do something to tie the marquee and control panel art together. It could be something as simple as a logo or duplicating colors. Seeing them together in your first post, they don't appear to be off the same machine.

I actually think you should ditch the existing CP art altogether and carry the beer theme down to the panel. Its original and simple enough to look like "real" machine art.

The picture I posted isn't the final marquee, it's just the logo in the middle of the marquee.  I just thought the Miller Lite logo would work nicely with the cab (my last name, and the blue/red colors tie in nicely).  Once I figure out the logo I like, I'll make sure everything matches.

Marsupial

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 06:47:18 am
  • I am teh Mars!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 01:46:24 am »

+25
-Mars

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:05 am »
I appreciate the your opinions.  I like the CP art, so I think I'm going to keep it.  It seems like if there are any characters on the CP or if it isn't space themed, people here don't like it, which is fine.  I just never did understand all of planets and space themes on the CPs.

I want my arcade to feel be like an arcade.  That's why I went the direction I did.  Some people like it, some don't.

I do appreciate all of your opinions.  It's all subjective.

Marsupial

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 06:47:18 am
  • I am teh Mars!
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 11:40:39 am »
but keep in mind: arcades generally have one theme all over.

I don't dislike your CP.

but if you have a logo on the side, a logo on the marquee... better keep the same logo on the CP.

Or, what I say is ditch the miller logo everywhere else and keep with the CP-themed artwork all over.

Now, if you don't care about people's opinion, why do you post a thread asking for opinion?

nevermind... its your box, you'll be the one regretting the decision in the long run, so what do we care?
-Mars

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49:35 am »
but keep in mind: arcades generally have one theme all over.

I don't dislike your CP.

but if you have a logo on the side, a logo on the marquee... better keep the same logo on the CP.

Or, what I say is ditch the miller logo everywhere else and keep with the CP-themed artwork all over.

Now, if you don't care about people's opinion, why do you post a thread asking for opinion?

nevermind... its your box, you'll be the one regretting the decision in the long run, so what do we care?

Ouch, brutal.

I'm not planning to use the logo on the side.  Just the Marquee.  I haven't worked on the side art yet at all, but I am thinking about including screen shots of my fav arcade games somehow.  Maybe as an 50% opaque background, I dunno yet.

Anyway, I never said I didn't care about people's opinions.  But that doesn't mean I have to follow everything I am told here either.  I hear opinions and take them into consideration.

The cab won't be as mismatched as you are imagining.  I want to keep the theme of the CP, just an arcade like style...but I want to name the arcade MillerCade, so I thought it would be clever to use the Miller Lite logo.  I never imagined theming the cab after Miller Lite.  I want text with the name on my Marquee regardless, I just thought the stylized Miller Lite logo will work.

Let me work on the Marquee this week, and I'll try to post a near complete version of it.  It's hard to verbalize my ideas sometimes.  But my plan in the beginning is to have an arcade feel with some arcade characters etc.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:53:02 am by DirtyDachshunds »

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:10 pm »
I think it'll be fine. Just don't make it too busy on the sides. One suggestion to tie it together better is to use the same colours in the CP and the marquee - for example, take the blues from the millercade logo and try to bring the blues on sub-zero, ryu's and leo's headbands closer to that - and then take the red on the left side [boson, dirk, raph and akuma over there on the left] and bring them closer to the "miller" part of the logo.

I personally wouldn't go to so much trouble, I like the familiar logo for a marquee and the CP art isn't clashing with it in my mind. Depending on what you do to the sides, I think it has potential to be a great machine.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 08:03:05 am »
Alright, so yesterday I took a day off work to account for all the over time I've been working (unpaid....darn salary), so I was able to make good progress on the cab...Sorry no updated Marquee yet.  But I was able to finish the control panel box.  It is 4.5" deep in the back and 2.5" deep in the front, giving it a downward slope around 4.5 degrees or so.  I was able to laminate the box and decided to put T-molding on the bottom to snaz it up a little.

Here are some pictures of what I did yesterday.  Then I got derailed.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 08:24:01 am »
When I finished my CP box, my order for Ultimarc came which shipped from the UK the day before!  I wasn't expecting it until later in the week.  So of course I had to play with my new toys.  Unfortunately, the joysticks, buttons, spinners and the like all require me to drill and route out the control panel, then wire them up.
I was too anxious to get playing soon, so I put together the aimtrak with their housing and setup the half complete arcade in the living room (Wife less than happy, but I assured her it was temporary).  After an hour or two of setting everything up and calibrating the aimtraks, it was gaming time.

We all played Area 51, Carnevil, Maximum Force among few others.  After a little tweaking with the ini settings, they all played great!  I forgot how hard Area 51 is, I really need to increase my trigger finger endurance.

Short aimtrak with housing review:
Installing the aimtrak with the housing was a breeze.  Took about 30min for both guns including finding the installation procedure from ultimarc.  Once installed, both guns were found on Win 7 via plug in play.  No drivers needed.  After calibrating the guns, I was noticing the cursors were acting erratic and jumpy.  It was a very sunny day, and I found in the troubleshooting guide that this can happen with bright light.  I waited for the sun to go down (no blinds in the room yet) and the problem went away. 
The gun housing does its job.  It is light and can appear flimsy.  I want to add some weight to the handle, and am deciding the best way to do that. 
Also, when moving the you can hear something inside moving slightly.  I believe it is the auxiliary buttons near the nozzle and not the aimtrak module, but I need to investigate that as well.
Overall, I am very please with my aimtraks.  Playing all my favorite shooters just like I was at the arcade brought back all kinds of memories.

I'll review the rest of my hardware when I install and test them.

Can anyone name the game being played in the pics below?  I know it's blurry.

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 08:32:50 am »
+24

Fix'd for obvious beer related number.

;D

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 12:27:02 am »
Alright, time for another update.
Finally, with some time off work, I was able to focus on the arcade.  I have been extremely eager to play so I wanted to get something playable quickly.  Over the last few days, I finished the CP including routing the joysticks/trackball, and drilling the 1-1/8 holes for everything else.  And with a 4P CP with as many buttons as I have, it took a long time.  Then I had to mount and wire all of the controls, which took equally long.

But I eventually got it all done.  After some troubleshooting, everything is working great!  I told myself after I finish with the CP, I'll take a week or two off to enjoy the games :)

I'm not 100% done with the CP as I eventually plan on adding plexi, vinyl art, and LEDs, that will be done later.  But it is playable the way it is and that's all I care about for now.

So I'm having tons of fun playing everything on my 1/2 finished cab!  I'll try to take part in the next high score challenge, then it's back on to finishing the cabinet.  But I will be sure to enjoy my break.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 11:16:51 am »
I'm very sorry for your loss to Wisconsin.....MUAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize, that was just mean.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:39:40 am by BadMouth »

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 04:10:24 pm »
I'm very sorry for your loss to Wisconsin.....MUAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize, that was just mean.

Hah, ino worries.  Wisconsin is tough, and playing in Madison is even harder.  They brought out all of our weaknesses, and their running game is insane.  John Clay is a beast.

Anyway, I tried to put the logo on the CP to see if I liked it.  I'm undecided.  I'm might scrap the Miller Lite thing for something different.  I wish the logo was wider.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:12:58 pm by DirtyDachshunds »

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Introducing the MillerCade! *10/31 update*
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:32 pm »
Alright time for another update.

So after I got everything mounted on the control panel the wiring began.  The wiring took about 4 hours, and you can see it is still pretty messy, but operable!  After it is all tested, I'll clean it up.  Once the control panel was working, I took a week because the arcade itch was just too much and I had to play.  I had some friends over last weekend and we fully tested it out. 

We played some 2v2 nba jam and nfl blitz on the dreamcast among other games.  I'm glad I made my CP as big as it is, because it's still tight with 4 full grown men around it, and I have no regrets with the amount of buttons I have.  It looks good IMO.

So after my week break, I got back to work.  More painting of the inside of the cab, and doing other little touchups.  Now on to the top part of the cabinet.  I got the sides cut, slot cut, and attached today. It's starting to look like an arcade instead of just a TV on a stand!  I still haven't made art for the sides, I am currently in the middle of working on the marquee art.

So that's the progress so far.  This week I'm on the road for business and won't be able to work on it :(.  So the next update will likely be a couple weeks away.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »
Also, I am about to order my art for the CP and had a question.  Since I will be covering the CP with plexiglass, would u recommend getting the art from a place like gameongrafix?  I am planning on getting my side art and marquee from them, but was wondering if I could save a few bucks getting the CP art somewhere else since it is protected with plexi?

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 11:03:19 am »
It's been a while since an update.  So here is a quick rundown of where I'm at.

I finally revised my 'logo' to make the C look better.  I like it much more now.

I also tried integrating it into my control panel art.  I have not had time to develop my marquee or side panel art yet, but I will probably integrate the logo into them as well.

I ordered my CP art from gameongrafix and it should hopefully be in soon!  Let me know what you think of the updated art.

Rick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:43 am »
Let me know what you think of the updated art.

That looks so pro, man.  Congrats.  I was rooting for you with the whole 'c' debacle.  It looks perfect now.

:applaud:

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 11:08:58 am »
I have also finished all of the woodworking on the cabinet!!

I still have to do some touch-up painting and add the T-molding and side art.  But all the laminating and cutting are done!

Here are some updated pics.  Sorry for the crappy phone pics, when I'm all done, I'll post better pictures.  I'm really liking how everything is coming along.  The pictures make it look rougher than it is, but it'll all come together when I'm done.

garnerb350

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2019, 09:36:49 pm
  • Crowded elevators smell different to midgets...
    • Hyperspin
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 11:10:19 am »
Looks awesome...

Could there be a way where you have each character throwing back a cold one?

Maybe have Akuma yelling "Taste Great!" Ryu saying "Less Filling!"

all joking aside...serousily it looks great
“If first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you..." ~ Jack Handy

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 11:18:57 am »
Looks awesome...

Could there be a way where you have each character throwing back a cold one?

Maybe have Akuma yelling "Taste Great!" Ryu saying "Less Filling!"

all joking aside...serousily it looks great

Haha, I like it.  I actually don't like Miller Lite, or any lighe american pilsner for that matter.  But I do like beer and I couldn't come up with any other name for the arcade.

And it's a logo that people are familiar with.

Thanks for the kind words.  I hoping to have everything 100% done in the next few weeks.

Then on the to next project...

Racing Simulator!

VanillaGorilla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 10:23:51 pm
  • Coin detected in pocket
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! **Updated 11/15/10**
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 12:42:05 pm »
Why Miller? Maybe I just dont get it, that wouldn't be the first time for me. :dunno Maybe draw some arcade elements into the marquee logo? Huge improvement on the original C [L]. But maybe the C could be a puck man or something...needs a gaming aspect to it though..

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 12:52:55 pm »
Why Miller? Maybe I just dont get it, that wouldn't be the first time for me. :dunno Maybe draw some arcade elements into the marquee logo? Huge improvement on the original C [L]. But maybe the C could be a puck man or something...needs a gaming aspect to it though..
His name is Miller.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 12:53:27 pm »

My last name is Miller.

And what wouldn't be the first time for you?  And why a puck-man instead of the 'C', I don't think I have any hockey references in the cab?  And if you mean pac-man, I don't think that goes with the logo.  I wanted to work with the miller lite logo because it is familiar with people....and I'm not artsy enough to make a better one  :P

The logo isn't the marquee.  Yes, it will be in the marquee most likely, but I've said above I haven't made the marquee yet...or the side art

...stupid work    :(

Rick

• Offline Offline

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 12:57:14 pm »
How do you not like Miller Lite?! I think its the best light american pilsner that doesnt add to the gut. I used to be a silver bullet fan, but miller has less carbs. Gotta watch that stuff when you have the betes.  :hissy:]

Im with Rick, the C looks way better than it did before. Rock on.
Pictures are overrated anyway.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »
How do you not like Miller Lite?! I think its the best light american pilsner that doesnt add to the gut. I used to be a silver bullet fan, but miller has less carbs. Gotta watch that stuff when you have the betes.  :hissy:]

Im with Rick, the C looks way better than it did before. Rock on.

If it's between Coors, Bud, and Miller...I'd go with the Miller.  At least Miller Lite brews with Barley instead of rice like the others.  But they're all water.  During this time of year I'm usually drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and Great Lakes Christmas Ale...but I'm not as concerned about carbs and calories.

Although, I think I'll have to drink a Miller Lite when it's all complete.

Cheers!  :cheers:

VanillaGorilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 02:26:17 pm »
you boys have fun! I meant it wouldn't be the first time something went over my head...I shoulda known a thread featuring piss beer would turn into a pissing match...sorry if I pissed anyone off! :cheers:

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »
I agree there's a reason cheap beers are cheap. Miller being actually what I'd get if I was broke and NEEDED beer for some reason [party/camping etc]. I guess I'm just a beer snob, but I'm ok with that.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 08:02:15 am »
Today my wife and I introduced a new member of the family into our house.  She's not done yet, but she's home.  :cry:

So I have the coin door and the CP art from GameOnGrafix hopefully on the way.  Once I get going on the finishing touches, I think it's going to look nice.

The plexi came in yesterday.  Here is the smoked plexi in front of the TV/monitor

I think I like it, but something in the back of my mind is saying it is too dark.  I'll install it for now, and swap it if I don't like it.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 11:19:25 am »
crank up the GAMMMMMAAAAAAAA

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »
MVC2!!!! Thats awesome, Im jealous! I dont know if Im feeling the angle of the CP though. Looks kinda steep for my taste.  ;D

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »
I think the CP looks deeper in the pics than it really is since I was taking the pictures at an upward angle.  It has a 4.5 degree slope on it, going down 2 inches from the back to front.  It's about right imo.

As long as it holds a beer without sliding, I'm happy :)

bluntmasterflash

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2011, 02:13:51 am
    • bluntmasterflash.com
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »
Just wanted to Cosign on the Great Lakes Christmas Ale, that stuff is awesome.   Nice Cab BTW, I like the theme, and that it ties in with your last name is pretty cool.  Lol, if you ever want to change it I'd love to see a Keith Stone cab, he's so smooth  j/k.  Go Bucks!
Always forgive your enemies, nothing will annoy them more.

LOOTER

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2020, 10:20:55 pm
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 06:26:45 pm »
I got the electric ice trackball because I wanted an illuminated clear trackball, and that was the best option IMO.  The U-trak didn't offer a translucent white trackball.  I am not illuminating my cab at the moment, but I will in my 'phase 2' of the arcade.

thanks for the link, it's too bad they don't have all 4 turtles. i was really hoping for all of them

just FYI>.the Utrak does offer a translucent white ball...it is listed as "Pearl", they just don't have any pictures of it on their site that arent lit up blue.  that is the one i bought..it has a very pearly white look to it when not lit, and is stunning when lit from below (blue and red look the best).

here it is without the light..

here it is lit up RED

and here it is BLUE

im sure the GGG model is awesome too.

where did you get the artwork (CP) I would like the same on my project.

DCsegaDH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2013, 04:14:10 pm
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:39 pm »
its a poster from Wal-Mart.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:32:24 pm by DCsegaDH »

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! **Updated 11/26/10**
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 07:51:35 pm »
Finally completely finished my CP using my art I ordered from gameongrafix!  It looked great.  I'll post higher res pics when I take them.  I really like the way the CP turned out.  There are imperfections if you look close...as I cracked the plexi while cutting the trackball hole  :angry:  But I'm not a perfectionist, and I really didn't want to do all that plexi cutting again.
Here are the pics!

I also installed a new 4 player Happ coin door.  I don't have pics of that on me, but I'll post them when I do.

I'm nearing the finish line!  All I have left to do is come up with marquee and side art then put it up.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 11:55:16 am »
Looks awesome man. I would have put spiderman on the left(red) side, but hey, thats my taste. Everything looks amazing! I like how you put the admin buttons on Ryu's headband.  :applaud:

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 08:11:03 am »
Here it is with the new CP installed and my new coindoor!

I also cut out a spot for the volume controls (the blue light).  This needs spray painted and mounted better.  But aside from that, the control panel and below is done!

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 01:00:01 pm »
looks great..i love the chrome stripe t-molding

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »
It looks amazing! I have to spout my wrath about something. A happ coindoor is definitely nice - I have one myself. But WHY DO THEY COST SO MUCH??? Obviously the answer is because people will pay it. $139 for a coin door??? Holy Crayola!

I got mine FREE with a marvel vs capcom i got for FREE. I would have bought one though, had I not gotten this one for free.

AND JUST LOOK AT THIS ONE!
http://www.happcontrols.com/coindoors/40040000.htm

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 03:32:28 pm »
How in gods name did you get a marvel vs capcom for free? :o

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 03:47:40 pm »
I bought the coin door that doesn't have mechs or mech holders for my potential build, then got a smoking deal on mechs, then found a great seller who got me the holders, built a fully functional Happ Coin Door... Then picked up a cab with a full functional Over/Under Door. So now I have an extra door with nothing to put it on. I guess I'll save it for a future build!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:04 pm »
Randomly!

I was walking by some guy screaming into a cell phone next to an open garage door - inside the garage door was 6 or 7 machines. I asked what he was doing with them and apparently the sale of them had just fell through, and he was moving THAT DAY! Imagine my luck! I actually took 2 of them [both marvel vs capcom], that's all I could fit in my truck. I put one at my workplace in the lunchroom and the other I kept for myself. The one at work was in great shape, I restored the other one and it ended up having the screen smashed  :angry: my effin sister in law invited some people to a party i was having, and I caught one guy doing a line of coke off of my freezer. So I tossed him around some. On his way out he picked up a mic stand and put the weighted end through the screen. Then he ran. I was obviously less than impressed. Discouraged by the price of a new screen and thinking it a waste of space if I put an LCD in it, I tried parting it out but one guy took the whole thing for $50. I suppose it was better the arcade machine than other stuff in the room - my guitars, my drums, my recording studio equipment.

I made a plan to one day make a wicked MAME machine, and though I haven't done anything but plan it and drool at everything on this site, I still fully intend to do it.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »
Thanks for the compliments guys.  I'm working on the marquee art now.  I want it to be ken and ryu both shooting 'hadouken' at each other with a big white explosion in the middle with the logo.  But I am having trouble finding an explosion graphic that will work  :angry:

@eds: That's crazy!  Tell your sister to make him pay for it.

Anyway, I know the Happ coindoors are expensive, but I wanted a new one, as everything else is new.

And I found one here: http://www.arcadeemulator.net/cgi-bin/shop/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F8037754&rnd=9551225&rrc=N&affl=&cip=12.150.27.130&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=Multi-Player+Over/Under+Door&cat=Coin+Doors&catstr=HOME:Coin+Doors
for $115

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:38 pm »
@eds: That's crazy!  Tell your sister to make him pay for it.

Getting money out of that ---smurfette--- is like squeezing water from a rock. But let's not go there today.

jipp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2016, 07:29:49 pm
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »
wow, that looks great.  i really dig the control panel.  miller for the win!!!

now where is my hefeweizen, did i mention hefe is the best brew in the world?  o yeah, it is sir. laughs..

i grew up on hefeweizen..  i guess its all about what you know.

chris.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »
I enjoy Hefeweizens.  My favorite style has to be an IPA.  I'm a hop head at heart.
But Miller is my beer of choice for casual drinking with friends.

Shockingly enough, my progress on this has slowed sagnificatly once I got it all assembled and working.

...damn Zelda: A Link to the past  :angry:

jipp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:30 pm »
yeah i enjoy IPA too.. i guess i just enjoy a good brew.  yeah, i so can see playing getting in the way of building.  i read somewhere not to play a game till you have the cab done.  i can see where that logic came from now. laughs.

i just hope this wire job on the cp is not to hard.   i wont be using the LED stuff for this cab im working on now.. so just the ipac controller and usb for the trackball spinner etc..   so that should simplify it to some degree. i did order a 10 port usb hub just in case i need it.. but seems like ill only need that when i go to LED.   i hope to have all the parts to try to wire this up this weekend. 

keep up the good work, and be sure to peek in on my thread im sure ill need your help on the wire job :D

cheers,
chris.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
Randomly!

I was walking by some guy screaming into a cell phone next to an open garage door - inside the garage door was 6 or 7 machines. I asked what he was doing with them and apparently the sale of them had just fell through, and he was moving THAT DAY! Imagine my luck! I actually took 2 of them [both marvel vs capcom], that's all I could fit in my truck. I put one at my workplace in the lunchroom and the other I kept for myself. The one at work was in great shape, I restored the other one and it ended up having the screen smashed  :angry: my effin sister in law invited some people to a party i was having, and I caught one guy doing a line of coke off of my freezer. So I tossed him around some. On his way out he picked up a mic stand and put the weighted end through the screen. Then he ran. I was obviously less than impressed. Discouraged by the price of a new screen and thinking it a waste of space if I put an LCD in it, I tried parting it out but one guy took the whole thing for $50. I suppose it was better the arcade machine than other stuff in the room - my guitars, my drums, my recording studio equipment.

I made a plan to one day make a wicked MAME machine, and though I haven't done anything but plan it and drool at everything on this site, I still fully intend to do it.

My god. I dont even know what to say after reading that.  :dizzy:

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 02:56:04 pm »
So I finally pulled myself away from the arcade to start working on the marquee.  I first created this

But I'm thinking something is missing, but I don't know what it is

...so naturally I added an explosion!

and I decided that looks like crap.  So I'm back to square one.  I'll probably just go with the first Marquee as I'm getting to the stage where I just want to be done with this.

Rando

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2016, 07:49:31 pm
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 03:59:08 pm »

...so naturally I added an explosion!

and I decided that looks like crap.  So I'm back to square one.  I'll probably just go with the first Marquee as I'm getting to the stage where I just want to be done with this.

Add my vote to the second one, I like the 'sposion!!! :D
Rando - My build thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107741.msg1142843#msg1142843 (work slowed but still progressing!

Erik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 09:04:35 pm
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! **Marquee art added**
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »
wow if you think that looks like crap then i'll be interested to see what you come up with next

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »
Heh, yea I can be hard on myself.  Maybe I will keep the explosion and make it red on Ken's side and blue on Ryu's.  That might work  :afro:

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2010, 05:49:44 pm »
Why not tone down Ken's girly arms. We all know Ryu is stronger. Ken hits people like 5 times with the hurricane kick, Ryu just bowls them over. Same with the uppercuts.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2010, 06:40:37 pm »
I like Ken more than Ryu.  And it's my cab so Ken gets more muscles and is on the left  ;D

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »
I like Ken more than Ryu.  And it's my cab so Ken gets more muscles and is on the left  ;D

I like the marquee, but if you think you can do better go for it. Right now though it's [IMO of course] a perfect balance between content and not being too busy.

Uchiha Madara

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2016, 08:30:56 pm
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 08:00:08 am »
Yeah, the second marquee looks good IMO.   

Looking good, keep up the good  :censored: work!

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 12:57:53 pm »
So I tried working with the explosion to find something I like, and it just wasn't happening

But I tried this solution instead, and I like it better.  I think this way the MillerCade logo is more of the focal point than Ken and Ryu.  Also, the middle is less busy and looks a little cleaner. This will likely be the final rev unless I find I figure out something better.

Now on to side art!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:04:06 pm by DirtyDachshunds »

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »
Edit: "opps didn't mean to double post"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:04:36 pm by DirtyDachshunds »

jipp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2010, 07:35:23 pm »
i watched the street fighter *the animation.. not the john von clad* movie earlier today.. i really like your idea for a marquee.  not to busy.   cool.

chris.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51:17 pm »
I like it. This new revision really makes the logo the focal point. What are you doing for side art? Logos or gonna get a little more busy?

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2010, 10:19:52 pm »
One idea I have for sideart is make a collage of all my favorite games that the cab can play and make it semi translucent with blue on one side and red the other.  Then just put the logo where they normally go.

Not sure if I want to add characters on top of everything or not.  I really like the idea of adding all my favorite games, but want to tie it into the fighter theme.  I'll just test everything like I normally do and find what I like.

It will definitely be busy.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 11:47:00 am »
So I was finally able to add my bezel/plexi over the TV, and it turned out ok.

I had to cut a chunk out of the top for the aimtrak.  This is because I wasn't thinking and spray painted the entire outside bezel without thinking of leaving a non-spraypainted portion for the aimtrak.  After the fact, I tried removing the spraypaint with a sharp knife with no luck, so I just cut it out.  Not a big deal, just another little mistake I made.

The plexi I ordered was 1" too small for my opening, but it was the widest peice they offered in the grey plexi.
You can see the opening at the bottom of the screen.  This is another annoyance, but I'll live with it.  I might just cut a 1" strip of plexi to piece down there

And the last thing is I drilled the plexi to the furring strips, but now the screw heads just glare at me.  They are dark, but a little off color of the plexi.  Also, the screw heads are not flush with the plexi. 
In this picture you can easily see the hole in the bottom of the plexi, the chunk cut out of the top, and the screw heads.

Maybe spraypainting the screws black, drill bigger holes for the in the plexi (to hopefully flush the heads to the plexi), and cut the 1" strip of plexi for the bottom will fix my annoyances.  Or maybe I'll just re-do the entire thing?...although I don't want to have to do that.

jipp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 12:26:12 pm »
DirtyDachshunds  - looks good.   i plan on getting a gun down the road.. would you recommend the aim track?  iv seen this gun, and a one other brand.    iv seen they have some kind of light bar for them.. where dose this go?  on the out side of the bezel?  would you recommend i buy the light bar kit before i finish off my bezel/plexiglass ?  as im gonna have to add some wood spacer above and below the plexiglass..  to lock the plexi into place and also  fill in dead space.   o yeah,  i used a bandsaw to cut my plexi what a mess.  of course when i found this forum.. i found you should just score the plexi and it will break clean.. doh.. 

i really dig your cab..  i really wish i would not of used OSB.. and i would not even be thinking of rebuilding mine.  laughs. 

keep up the good work.. and i can relate to being hard on one self.. i know im my worse critic.  this can be annoying, but it usually leads to quality work.  :)  as in your case it shows. 
chris.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 12:39:02 pm »
DirtyDachshunds  - looks good.   i plan on getting a gun down the road.. would you recommend the aim track?  iv seen this gun, and a one other brand.    iv seen they have some kind of light bar for them.. where dose this go?  on the out side of the bezel?

Yes, it needs a path to the gun.  It should go through plexi just fine...Just not plexi painted black like in my case  :banghead:  It is usually mounted right above or below the monitor.

would you recommend i buy the light bar kit before i finish off my bezel/plexiglass ?  as im gonna have to add some wood spacer above and below the plexiglass..  to lock the plexi into place and also  fill in dead space.
Yea, probably.  Although it isn't necessary, just make sure you have a spot for the light bar to reach the gun ends.

o yeah,  i used a bandsaw to cut my plexi what a mess.  of course when i found this forum.. i found you should just score the plexi and it will break clean.. doh.. 
I just used a router  :dunno

jipp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 02:22:20 pm »
thanks for the feed back. looking at your pictures a bit closer.  i see the bar is only 8" maybe wide. 

also, i see we are using the same logictec speakers.. these sound so good. also looks like you mounted them same way i did.  i think it looks good mounted that way.  the main reason i went with the logictech speaker was cause of the cable with the sound and head phone speaker jack on a pod ( them sounding so good was a bonus)..  will just Velcro that to the CP.

you making progress.  iv not decided on a marquee yet as i plan on rebuilding my cab and not sure what size it will be.  did you use a template to start your marquee? if so do you have a link.  i do have photoshop installed.. illustrator i do not.. nor do i know how to use it.   i know my way around photoshop tho for most part. 

thanks again for the feed back.

chris.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 02:50:18 pm »
No template.  Just stated from an idea of what I wanted it to look like.

I've been using Gimp to do all of my art.  It's similar to photoshop, but free  :D

jipp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »
No template.  Just stated from an idea of what I wanted it to look like.

I've been using Gimp to do all of my art.  It's similar to photoshop, but free  :D

my grandma use to say "if its free its for me"  ooo such a wise women. :) 

thats cool you did a kick butt job from scratch no doubt. you are much better with gimp than i am with photoshop. heh. 

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2011, 10:48:21 am »
I've been traveling a bit for work, so I haven't had as much time to work on the cab as I thought.  Here is a small update anyway.

So I didn't like my bezel, so I took it out and am ordering another piece of plexi.  I'll post pictures when I get it installed.

I have installed gun holsters for my aimtraks.  I stole the idea directly from hituro and his post:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108338.0

It's made using a pipe bracket and insulation.  It's bigger than I though it would be, but hey, now it can fit a bigger gun.  I would love to do this mod, but it seems like a ton of work.  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108256.0

Also, I am now leaning away from the original side art I planned.  I originally wanted a collage of my favorite games, with my logo in the foreground.  The problem, these games run at such low resolutions, they would be tiny on the side art, and they would look terrible blown up.

So now I'm thinking of just laminating the sides black to match the rest of the cabinet and somehow installed a neon miller light on each side

It would be awesome to get a custom millerCade neon light, but I'm sure that would cost some serious $$.

ErikRuud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2021, 10:20:27 am
  • I'll build a cab for only 99.99.99!!!
    • Erik's humble video game page
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:40 am »

Oh My God!  That's the worst burn in I have ever seen!  :laugh2:

Nice work on that cab!
Real Life.  Still a poor substitute for video games!       
American Laser Games Wrapper
O2em Rom Utility

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! *1/13/10*
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:48 am »
haha.  That is pretty horrible.

If there were such a thing as reverse screen burn in, thats what it would look like.

Mikezilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2011, 12:39:15 pm »
On the custom neon sign note, that costs some serious cheddar. I dont think you would want to go that route, unless you can find a cheap miller one on CL.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2011, 12:58:58 pm »
There are a few in my area that are reasonably priced.  The problem is finding 2 that are exactly the same for each side.

...I might have to come up with a new idea for the sides

Erik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 09:04:35 pm
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »
You could get identical etched acrylic signs with the fluorescent lights for not much money.  They would be easy to mount flush too

Now if you could find a short, wide neon sign for the marquee that wouldn't buzz, blind you, or scald your forehead that would be sweeeet

VanillaGorilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2011, 01:24:36 am »
i hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but have you seen this, or is it just a really bizarre coincidence?

http://millercade.blogspot.com/search/label/Graphics

His is a sweet bezel, considering the name and all...it fits well! BTW Looking good! How many people does that control panel sleep? As tiny Elvis would say, Thats HUGE! :laugh2: :laugh2:

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2011, 07:48:39 am »
i hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but have you seen this, or is it just a really bizarre coincidence?

http://millercade.blogspot.com/search/label/Graphics

His is a sweet bezel, considering the name and all...it fits well! BTW Looking good! How many people does that control panel sleep? As tiny Elvis would say, Thats HUGE! :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yea I have seen the other Millercade.  I wish I would have found it before I started...I might have went a different direction...oh well

As for the CP, if I were to do it all over again, I would make it exactly the same.  I understand no one likes the size.  It's the same size as the mameroom CP, 48" long.  But space is still tight with 4 grown men playing around it.  If I had to choose to make it bigger or smaller, I would make it bigger.  It's all personal preference, I like having people over and playing 4 player games, and that wouldn't work on a smaller CP.

Also, I am finally working on the side art and the finishing touches and should hopefully have an update sometime this week.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011, 01:09:48 pm »
So after my last post, I decided get my side art finished.  I attached it, because it is full scale, and it is HUGE.

I went back to the idea of integrating screenshots of my favorite games.  I finally integrated it in a way I like.

This side includes favorites from MAME, NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis.  The left side will include favorites from N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, Sega Model 2, Atomiswave, and Naomi.

I really like the way it came out.  I should have the left side up in a couple days.

Let me know what you think!

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! *1/31/11 Right Side Art added*
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 02:38:52 pm »
So lately I've been sidetracked to get this thing finished.  I'm in the middle of building a chest freezer kegerator for my home brew.  All I need to finish it up are shanks and taps to mount in the wood.

So anyway time for updates!  I wired up some lights.  Took 5v off a spare molex for the LED in the trackball

Then took the 12v from the same molex for the coin door lamps

And my biggest update is that I am finally done with all of my art.  The left side art is attached for those who want to see it in 100% size.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! *1/31/11 Right Side Art added*
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 02:47:54 pm »
Here is all the art together

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! *Updated 2/28/11*
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2011, 09:43:39 am »
Earlier this week I got my art shipped from gameongrfix...so on to the marquee!

I used sandwiched plexiglass for the marquee

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
Re: Introducing the MillerCade! *Updated 2/28/11*
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:59 am »
And with the marquee done makes this unit 100% complete!! woo hoo

PICS!

I'm having people over tonight to celebrate the completion and watching some UFC.  If your in central Ohio stop on by!

I'll post higher res/better pictures later

TIME TO PLAY

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
Re: MillerCade! Now 100% complete WOOHOO
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »
Congratulations! I'm jealous you completed your first... not that it was a contest. But if it were... you would win.

I LOVE the chrome tmolding. ANd the art.

bubbles2578

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2012, 08:15:25 am
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2011, 02:32:52 pm »
I love the cab, im in the process of building my cab and ive used the same plans as you. What size TV/Monitor is it that you are using in this cab?

Cheers

NipRing

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 11:40:05 pm
  • I love cats but i just cant eat a whole one myself
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »
Wow, thats huge! Does it dispense beer someplace as well?

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:40 am »
Thanks for the kind comments!  I'm just glad it's actually finished.

Beer dispersal comes from a 6 tap kegerator.  I'm a homebrewer so I got to keep the beer close ;) but eventually the kegerator and the arcade will be going into the basement once it is finished.  But that won't happen anytime soon.

As for the TV, it's a 27", great size for a larger cab.

bubbles2578

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2012, 08:15:25 am
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »
Blimey 27", Just out of curiosity with the design that you have for the cabinet what is the cabinet width between where the monitor fits? The only reason im asking is so that I know when I have the front and rear panels cut I know what size to have them.

Cheers

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »
I think my width there was 26" or 26.5", I can't remember, but it is going to depend on the TV/monitor you use.  I had the TV before I started building, so I measured the width of the TV then added an inch in the cab for play room. 

My advise to you is to is to measure the TV width first.  And if you don't want to take apart the TV (like I didn't) than make sure you find a TV that has the speakers on the bottom rather than the sides.  That is extra width you don't want.

Good luck!