Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-arcade tankstick trackball dont work no more, how to get it back?  (Read 4690 times)

Cleverone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2010, 12:13:03 pm
  Ok I had to delete my cfg and ini files as my "tab" key was not working anymore, but when I did now my x-arcade trackball wont work in Mame but does work in windows as a mouse until I click on centipede then the trackball stops working. The whole x-arcade tankstick dont work in Mala no more either, so can't use my mala FE to play, I have to go to mame in windows to play any ideas on what happen when I deleted those files? How do I get them working in my front end again? Everything was working great I just wanted my tab key back is why I deleted them files. Thanks

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: X-arcade tankstick trackball dont work no more, how to get it back?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:26:33 pm »
Open a dos box and navigate it to where your mame is installed.
When you get there type "mame -cc" (no quotes) and hit enter to create a new mame.ini file.
Inside the mame.ini file is a line:
mouse                     0

Change this line to:
mouse                     1

Save the mame.ini file.  You can use notepad to open the mame.ini file.

As for mala,
In the mala.ini file is a line:
UseMouse=0

Change this line to:
UseMouse=1

Save the mala.ini file.  You can use notepad to open the mala.ini file.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:29:10 pm by JustMichael »

Cleverone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:18:12 am »
  Ya I did the "Dos" but had to type "MameUI32 -cc" to create new " ini " folder. I'am not getting anything in MaLa with the x-arcade joysticks and trackball dont work in Mala, what do I do about this? The x-arcade works great in Mame but no trackball, in Mala nothing works. Let me know, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:46:43 am by Cleverone »

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:23:00 am »
so, you are using mameui with mala?  most people running a front end like mala run the command line version of mame...

JustMichael got it right, you check those settings in those files and you should get your mouse working.  when you say nothing works in mala, do the buttons work?  did you configure mala to use the proper inputs?  x-arcade units map joystick1 to the number pad arrow keys, instead of the standard arrow keys.  try toggling your numlock button to see if that makes a difference.
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:56 am »
are you using the x-arcade cfg file?

Cleverone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »
 I believe I'am it's in Mame in the game controllers drop down menu. I did not have to download it like some people mention. Any ideas? Ionly deleted my cfg. file and ini file to get my tab key to work, now this CP is messed up, before I deleted it worked great--no- problems like this, it worked for the last 7 months trouble free.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:25 pm »
When you deleted your config file to fix the sound/tab issue, it essentially deleted the x-arcade file (they're the same thing in your case).

For your comfort level and experience changing things on the computer, I would follow the instructions here:

http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/12/Using+The+X-Arcade%E2%84%A2+With+Other+Versions+Of+MAME%E2%84%A2

Cleverone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 03:38:20 pm »
When you deleted your config file to fix the sound/tab issue, it essentially deleted the x-arcade file (they're the same thing in your case).

For your comfort level and experience changing things on the computer, I would follow the instructions here:

http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/12/Using+The+X-Arcade%E2%84%A2+With+Other+Versions+Of+MAME%E2%84%A2

Thanks, but when I do this>>> MAME™, open Options (at the top), then "Default Game Options", select the "Game Controllers" tab; and set your "Default input layout" to "X-Arcade"™ from the drop-down list. (on this same tab, click the box to "Enable Mouse Support" for trackball use)   after clicking x-arcade and enabling the mouse if I come back to this page, then it back at standard and mouse is unclicked.