Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Emulator/Driving Cab info thread - Beginners start here!  (Read 281495 times)

ckrimits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2017, 02:52:31 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Emulator/Driving Cab info thread - Beginners start here!
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
Hello all, Need help with Supermodel and Model 2. I currently have a Converted dead Pole Position cabinet into a mame racing cabinet. most games working great thus far, just not with Supermodel or Model 2. I cannot for the life of me get the wheel and gas pedal to work together. currently Wheel is set to Mouse Xaxis, Steering Left=Xaxis-Neg, and Steering Right =Xaxis Pos, the Gas pedal I have tried I think every option possible. currently Joy1 Axis6. It works fine in Mame and set as P1 Pedal 1 Analog= Joy 1 Z axis. I tried this setting with no luck either. please advise. I've spent over 15 hours just on the control settings with no luck, im banging my head on the wall.

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 02:46:08 pm
I have "standard" 5k pot pedals on separate axis. I use A-pac. Is there an in-game calibration within Outrun in MAME?

In nearly all the driving games in MAME, you will need to enter the service menu to calibrate the controls.
For most games it's just a matter of pressing the service button (default in MAME is F2) and then figuring out how the original controls were used to navigate the menu (varies by game)

An easy question where i never found the answer....i'm getting crazy about searching the perfect feeling for my upright conversion : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,153229.0.html

Could be better a digital (microswitch) or analog (pot) pedal for mame and other games? and its there any conversion tutorial from digital to analog?

Im equiped with this hardware...   :notworthy: :notworthy:

ratzy82

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 09:43:06 pm
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2017, 10:33:45 am »
Hello, I'm trying to set up a Driving Force GT in mame w/Crusin USA. I've installed all the latest drivers and tried mapping out the controls in mame, but the brake and accel are not working. I've checked and they are not combined as 1 device and they show up correctly when I input them into the in game controller config. Any help would be appreciated.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Driving Cab / Steering Wheel / Racing / Information Thread
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »
<snip>

Bkenobi......I don't know how you came up with such an orgasmically phenomenal list but man, you sure brought home the bacon with this one!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :dizzy: :cheers: :burgerking: Holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- what a fantastic list of racing games! I only have so much time in the day so can't add every game to my steam library but I at least intend to add the mame ones you've listed. Thanks for this outrageously kickass compilation of racers all in one post! This thread definitely needs to be stickied!!!!!!!!  :cheers: :notworthy: :notworthy:

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 08:21:52 pm
Re: Driving Cab / Steering Wheel / Racing / Information Thread
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2017, 08:39:03 pm »
<snip>

Bkenobi......I don't know how you came up with such an orgasmically phenomenal list but man, you sure brought home the bacon with this one!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :dizzy: :cheers: :burgerking: Holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- what a fantastic list of racing games! I only have so much time in the day so can't add every game to my steam library but I at least intend to add the mame ones you've listed. Thanks for this outrageously kickass compilation of racers all in one post! This thread definitely needs to be stickied!!!!!!!!  :cheers: :notworthy: :notworthy:

EDIT: post hijacked by BadMouth to continue info

pfffft.  ;)

Welcome to the driving cab info thread noob.  :lol

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2017, 11:18:37 pm »
Ooops Im blind  :lol

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:10:04 am
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:48 am »
im just trying out since i recently got the g27 and trying it out with nulldc [Puru puru input]

I mapped all of the controls only in the game  start button doesnt work , how did some of you guys setup the config keys to make it playable

THanks

orsettolavatore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2018, 06:37:31 pm
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2018, 08:19:19 pm »
can anybody help me? i think there must be a way to link a controller ffb motor output to the original motor driver board on cruisn world...
how's possilbe that the single way to do that is buying a servo controller?

DTAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2022, 02:12:19 pm
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2019, 07:33:23 pm »
Has anyone figured out how to use a cruisin USA H shifter in Mame?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2020, 09:09:07 pm »
Is there a wheel that's decent for like $100? I don't have the extra funds to go much higher, $100 is kinda the high end I'm willing to spend. I'd like one that works on Xbox 360 and PC.

Anyone have any opinions on these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K1SI8A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

https://www.amazon.com/Steering-Controller-Connection-Vibration-Feedback/dp/B0828ZXYC8/ref=sr_1_32?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+360+steering+wheel&qid=1589410539&sr=8-32

BTW not building a cabinet at all wish I could but not an option.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:12:25 pm by Jayinem »

flybynight

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 03:28:35 pm
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:36 pm »
thank you for putting this list together.

Even though SCI and chase HQ are in the 360 degree list they actually play perfectly fine on a 270 wheel.

Thank again!

nexus6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 10:01:38 am
    • LowRez Retroshirts
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2021, 12:34:38 pm »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:26:41 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2021, 02:29:38 pm »
Controls  Also see the BYOAC Wiki : http://newwiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?title=Driving_Controls
Is there a working link available?
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?title=Driving_Controls

If you run into any other broken BYOAC wiki links like this, change "newwiki" to "wiki" and they will work.   :cheers:

Scott

DC333

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2023, 01:17:52 pm
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2023, 09:20:31 am »
Ok this is an amazing awesome post! And wth did I just get myself involved in here? Oh boy. Got a Rush 2049 cab with no boards, but all the jamma stuff and other harness and hardware. Got a fairly decent gaming PC for mame. Working on getting a bunch of games in there to just work first. Obviously Rush 2049 was the first one.

This post is going to help immensely! Did a jamma to PC adapter. Waiting on a u-hid to arrive next. Then have fun/frustration configuring all the pots. Thank you so much for gathering this data for us noobs to the hobby. Saw one post here asking what to add. Is technoparrot stuff in this thread already? Lot to read through and haven't got there yet. Also, hello all!