Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP: Nothing on Player 2 side is working? u360, ipac2, mala, mame, project64  (Read 2044 times)

ragnar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2021, 11:42:35 am
UPDATE 1: I'll be doing these at the top of this post as I solve things, leaving the original message intact.  So, I got Mala working now.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
This is very strange.  For this discussion, let's just stick with the idea that I am using Mala, Mame and Project 64 for now.  I have spent 2 hours staring at everything I can think of to find a setting that I have screwed up.

The iPac2 is used for all buttons.  Testing shows that it is emulating key strokes properly for both the P1 and P2 sides.  When I run Ultramap (the u360 software from Ultimarc), it shows that both joysticks are behaving appropriately and that Windows is getting the position data from them.  The U360s are mapped properly as joy 1 and joy 2 per the instructions on the Ultimarc web site.

When looking through options in Mala, Mame, Project64, etc ... I can configure everything for player 1 and 2 using the actually P1 and P2 buttons.

But when I go to do things in Mala, Mame or Project nothing on the P2 side is working.

In Mala, the P2 joystick will not move anything around.  The p1 joystick works fine.  The admin functions work fine in Mala.  That is my green start game button and my button mapped to windows shutdown.  The button mapped to shift also works with the P1 joystick so that I can flip between gamelists.  But nothing having to do with the P2 joystick does anything in Mala.

In Project64 (N64 emulator), I have everything configured but nothing on the P2 side works.  Not the joystick, not the start button, nothing.  In Waverace, I can use the P1 controls to start a game in 2 player mode and it will not allow me to do anything.  And stranger yet, if i do this and go to select the p1 vehicle, the vehicle selection for joy 2 changes as the p1 joystick moves around.  If I move left, both selection boxes (P1 and P2 vehicles) move at the same time in the same direction.

In Mame, nothing works.  Not even the P2 coin and P2 start buttons.

I am at my wits end.  What am I doing wrong?

In Mame, nothing on the P2 side works.  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:05:04 pm by ragnar »
MY FIRST BUILD:

ragnar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2021, 11:42:35 am
Google pointed me to this FAQ:
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/MaLa_FAQ#I_have_2_Ultrastick_360.27s_wired_in_through_USB.2C_and_MaLa_isn.27t_doing_any_switching_at_all.2C_despite_having_both_joysticks_enabled_in_MaLa_and_a_.22set.22_for_each_of_them._I.27m_under_the_impression_that_it_is_capable_of_auto-switching_the_game_list_view_depending_on_if_someone_sitting_on_player_1_or_player_2.27s_side_is_operating_the_joystick.___I.27ve_configured_player_1_to_use_set_1_and_player_2_to_use_set_2.2C_but_no_list-flips_are_happening._.3F

So, so .... ummm.  I got Mala working!  When setting up Joystick 2 in Mala, you choose stick #2 in a pulldown.  Then you have to map the commands to Joy 1 up, joy 1 down, etc for joystick 2.  Kinda confusing.  But if you think about some console controllers, they have two analog sticks.  I think the playstation used to be like this.  So, Player 2s controller actually had two analog sticks.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:07:27 pm by ragnar »
MY FIRST BUILD: