Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Start and admin button graphics  (Read 2989 times)

Turnarcades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
Start and admin button graphics
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »
OK, so I'm going to make my own inserts for some Ultralux lightable buttons, but I'm after some decent, clean start button graphics as well as a few others. I'm probably going to use text for the admin buttons but I would like decent black+white images of the standard P1+2 start button guys, exacty like the Happ standard image below:

There are probably similar ones available but I want that exact proportioned and shaped guy to work from, as there are many variations of this image and they look a bit pants. Anyone know where I can get them?

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
Re: Start and admin button graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:25:24 pm »
as there are many variations of this image and they look a bit pants.

is it safe to assume that "pants" is a bad thing? i've never heard that word used as an adjective before.

sorry, i can't help you with the button lables...i'm assuming you are trying to create something similar to what Groovygamegear offers for the novagem/iL translucent buttons?
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=302 

Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:10:01 pm »
I recently made my own inserts for my ultralux buttons as well.   I just went to kinkos and got what I wanted printed on transparency paper.   the only hard part was cutting out the inserts in perfect circles.   I basically just used an Xacto knife and got as close as I could with that.  If you have another method in mind you plan to use to cut out the cirlces, please let me know how you intend to do it!

Pongo here sells decals, and there are a few links in his buy/sell/trade post that point to some different image files.  Might want to page through that post to see if there is anything that will work for you.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64645.0;all

Otherwise, this is the one that I've seen before:
http://www.ironvulva.com/vinyl/deluxe_sheet.gif

Not sure if the image would print at the correct size, or if you would have to toy around with the sizing to get it right though...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:38:19 pm by markronz »

zafdor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2010, 11:17:59 am
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:40 am »
  the only hard part was cutting out the inserts in perfect circles.   I basically just used an Xacto knife and got as close as I could with that.  If you have another method in mind you plan to use to cut out the cirlces, please let me know how you intend to do it!

A hollow tipped punch of appropriate size would do the job