Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retrovicio Live-cd Ubuntu for Arcade  (Read 6769 times)

ves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2020, 02:57:49 am
Retrovicio Live-cd Ubuntu for Arcade
« on: July 23, 2010, 06:40:12 pm »
Hello everyone, I created a livecd in less than 300mb, thought for the Arcades, I think the moment is totally fucional, but needs to be done, I need your help as testers, I hope you enjoy and do better.

First you choose language screen and you will see linux booting.

Here is the Advmenu with Mame by default if you press F6 you happen to Advmame (although the blocks leaving the advmenu and reloaded, this must be addressed, but these are just a bonus)

Here is the Advmenu with Mame by default if you press F6 you happen to Advmame (although the blocks leaving the advmenu and reloaded, this must be addressed, but these are just a bonus)

FUNCTION KEYS

Mame: Exit 1 +5 + alt, Pause 1 + space
Advmame: Exit and Pause 1 + alt
Advmenu: Soon (can not remember now)

This is the process of installation. (command InstalaRetrovicio)
During installation when you are asked username you have to put him as name retro pc Retrovicio (set well in the case-sensitive), so now you will have the folder list, after the first reset ConfigurarRetrovicio have that to run.

Commands to customize the distro.

ConfigurarRetrovicio: Only applies when there has been mounting procedures, and is to be made with the user autologin retro.

ConfigurarRetrovicioMonitorPc: Same as above but for pc monitor.

Inicia: Well to start with the X11 Advmenu (once installed no need)

IniciaPc: Home PC Monitor (once installed no need)

Red: To enable and configure the network by dhcp.

Sonido: Sound Set

InstalaRetrovicio: Live-cd install hard disk

How / Where ฟ?ฟ?ฟ Set

To set the parameters of Xorg / Modelines, Samba, Mame, Advmenu Advmame etc. .. I've put you facilitated, all files and folders, are in the home of retro, which you may gain access direct from the network environment because the display automatically restarts samba shared folder, there you can change what you want, that if lead care, you can also put you snap roms etc. .. (Remember that if not installed not keep) and to detect the new roms advmenu have to close and restart advmenu/X11 (this is done taking down ctr + atl + F1 when you see the screen of the terminal by pressing ctrl + c and then starts writing.)

!! What is missing กกกกก

Skin for advmenu.
Putting music to advmenu (although I really cool).
Include Wah! Cade.
After you watch the right modelines (let us not remove the worth).
Shut down your computer by pressing the two, and not with the power (even goes so well)
Boot logo.
Correcting the problem of the USB automounting.
Correct problem with leaving Advmame not Advmenu starts.
Correct installation problem from Arcade monitor.
Posts Translate to English commands.

Update to Lucid "?? This is the version of ubuntu Karmic the 9.10, but I'm also doing tests with version 10.04 Lucid, I need only polish a bit, especially the issue of drm (lost the video when it starts the editor for not detecting the monitor).

The LiveCD is configured WARNING FOR RADEON CARDS ArcadeVGA, if you're using another'll have to CHANGE THE DRIVER in xorg.conf.
MAME tell you that I set VERTICAL GAMES FOR DEALING WITH THE SCREEN AS POSSIBLE SO MORE WILL BE LOST SOMETHING IN THOSE GAMES OF ALLEGIANCE

LINKS
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CI1QCBB5
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FR186LMC
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00GQQW74

If no problem I put the link to the official website of the Live-cd Retrovicio, because my English is not good, and so you can go see all the progress and updates.

http://www.retrovicio.com/foro/showthread.php?t=9258

Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:55:53 pm by ves »

ves

• Offline Offline
Re: Retrovicio Live-cd Ubuntu for Arcade
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:45:22 am »
Hello, has anybody tried the livecd? what do you think the idea? if you have tried to comment that you think, please.

if you have tried to comment that you think, please.

Thank you.

ves

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:16:47 pm »
Hello, no one has tested the distribution? any comments?

Thank.

dosmame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2012, 09:50:13 am
    • DOS MAME
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:48:10 am »
downloading now....will post results  :)