Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: configuring mame room quad controller  (Read 6757 times)

urgeboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2012, 12:27:40 pm
configuring mame room quad controller
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:41 am »
So I finally got the machine up and running..only issue is I can't seem to get the controller configured so it works. I tried going to mameroom's home page and tried using  the file they provided but its in an extention I dont reconize and can't seem to get to work (.IPC). any suggestions. Sorry I am a total noob and am still feeling my way  though this process. I'm using mame32 right now as my front end until I find something simple that I am happy with if that helps any. Thanks!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: configuring mame room quad controller
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:22:38 pm »
The ipc file is for use with your IPAC which is the controller that they must be using inside your 4 player panel.     You probably have an ipac 4 so go the the link below and download the software and you can also find ipac instructions on other pages.

Ultimarc IPAC software

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »
.ipc is the extension for an I-Pac interface's configuration file. This file contains the keycodes and button layout for your control panel, which you will need to flash to the I-Pac encoder inside your control panel using Ultimarc's WinIpac utility. Check out their website for instructions.

edit - BobA beat me to it!

urgeboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2012, 12:27:40 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:15 am »
OK...Got the software downloaded and have been playing around with it a bit..the only issue is that it wont reconize (as in it doesnt see it there) the .IPC files provided by mame room when I go to load the quad controller file...suggestions?

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »
You may need to create your control panel layout first (using the 'panel designer' mode) if they didn't provide a .cpl file. If it's not 'seeing' the .ipc file you might still be in panel designer mode and not in 'key assignments' mode so when you click 'open' it is searching for .cpl files, not .ipc files.

Oh, and be sure before you click 'program' once you're ready, that you set the 'download timer' to 10 seconds in the options.

CommGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2011, 11:45:17 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:59 pm »
Yeah, I just received my mameroom 2 player classic.  No cpl file, no manuals for download, nothing.  I'm really starting to 2nd guess this purchase.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 10:04:20 am »
Yeah, I just received my mameroom 2 player classic.  No cpl file, no manuals for download, nothing.  I'm really starting to 2nd guess this purchase.

You have to download the info from their site according to their info.

What's not Included?
In efforts to cut down on printed materials shipped with each kit, Northcoast custom arcades is doing our share in going "green". User manuals will no longer be shipped with controllers. All user manuals are now available for immediate download.