Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rexflo 250MM Fan Review  (Read 5586 times)

dawolv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2016, 08:23:21 am
Rexflo 250MM Fan Review
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:40:30 pm »
Hi guys just a quick review of the Rexflow 250MM fan.. and I am using 250MM loosely here.
Just Michael has a sharp eye and questioned the size of the fan...it truly is not a 250MM Fan, the actual fan measures aprrox ~8 5/8inches (220MM).
So if you are purchasing this fan you will want to take note of that. Good Job Just Michael for noticing that discrepancy.  :applaud:

I bought mine from Xoxide.Com , here is the direct link to the fan.

For my Rig to power this fan I also bought a PCI Power Bracket also from Xoxide.Com.

As a side note, Here is what the PCI Power Bracket looks like hooked up:

Anyway on we go!
The box contains 4 Fan Screws and 4 Screws to mount the Bezel to your PC Case..errr Cab.
One 250mm ... err 220MM fan
One Fan Grill and
One Bezel measures about 10 7/8 inches or ~276MM.

The Bezel includes 2 mounting options.
One way mounts for Intake, turn the fan over and you use the other mounts for Out flow.
Here you can also see the LEDs nestled between the blades of fan. You can barely make out the lower mounting option in the picture

Here is another snapshot of the Bezel and Grill, again kind of hard to see all 8 mounting holes (4 High ones, 4 Low Ones).

Here is the unit assembled. That connection wire is about 23 1/2 inches and that Molex connection sports a female connection on one side and a male connection on the other.

A Picture of the blue awesomeness in the dark:

and in the Light (under a desk):

Hookup:
I like that its power connection (12V DC) contains Female on one side and a Male connection on the reverse side. So this makes hooking up to your power supply simple. Even though I may end up mounting mine to a toggle switch. The connection wire measures approx 23 1/2 inches so that allows plenty of room to play there.

Sound:
The Specs claim 30 Decibles and man I can barely hear it at all.
I will have mine mounted on the low backside of my cab.

Airflow:
The specs say 820RPM. I dont have anything to verify those findings.
The airflow is quiet nice, its not moving a small amount of air fast but it is moving alot of air slowly and quietly.  

Shinies:
See pics ;D

Verdict:
Overall I am very happy with this purchase, seems like it will do the job its bright without being overpowering annoying and most of all for me its quiet and moves a good chunk of air. The only bad thing is that it is clearly labeled a 250MM but it ends up being 220MM Fan, but Im still happy with it.

For what its worth I would rate the Rexflo "250" MM Fan 4 out of 5 lives.

If there are any questions let me know, I would be more than happy to answer them!

Until Next time...
:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:31:16 am by dawolv »

ragnar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 10:40:56 am
Re: Rexflo 250MM Fan Review
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »
Thanks for the write up!

That PCI card.  Does that get powered via the PCI bus or does it get connected directly to the power supply?

Can the LED lights be disabled.  I'm not sure if I'd keep them on if there was an option.

4 out 5?  What are the bad aspects other than a little false advertising?
MY FIRST BUILD:

dawolv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:44:08 am »
That PCI card.  Does that get powered via the PCI bus or does it get connected directly to the power supply?
The name of the product is misconceiving, it does plug directly into your PSU Molex connector.
Here is what it looks like un mounted, it gives you three connections on the outside and plugs directly into your PSU connector.

Can the LED lights be disabled.  I'm not sure if I'd keep them on if there was an option.
Here is the link to the fan model without any LEDs --- Linky ---
They also offer several other colors (Red, Green , Blue)
They also have a 360MM fan..I didnt get that one since the mounting space on my cab is less than 23 inches..thought it would be too big for that space.

4 out 5?  What are the bad aspects other than a little false advertising?
Yep, that pretty much is why, I dont like the false advertising. Especially since it really doesnt need to.

:cheers:

ragnar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:00:27 pm »
100 CFM rating.  That is impressive.

I think I am pretty much sold on one of these.  I'll grab that power connector that you mentioned to.

Thanks for all the insight!

ragnar

EDIT:
I want to get this but I don't know if it is mountable in the location I had intended to put it.  The top of my cab has a bend in it, so I won't have room there for it.  I think I'll look into just doing a bottom mount near the CPU.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:26:50 am by ragnar »
MY FIRST BUILD:

ragnar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:58:59 am »
I needed smaller fans so I went with two 140 mm fans:

http://www.xoxide.com/yate-loon-140mm-d14sl-12.html

I might only use one.  I'll decide on this later.  To power them, I got a 120 VAC to 12 VDC adapter from Wal mart.  Cost is about $15 shipped.  I think it was rated at 50 or 60 watts so that should be plenty of juice.  Just cut and splice into the fans.

MY FIRST BUILD:

dawolv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:34:05 pm »
Yate Loons are great!
Good CFM and very low decible!  :applaud: