Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PhotoSkin-Landscape (a Widescreen skin for DWJukebox)  (Read 10145 times)

Dermbrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PhotoSkin-Landscape (a Widescreen skin for DWJukebox)
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:18:02 pm »
I've finished and packaged the Landscape orientation of PhotoSkin.  My long stretch of free time is coming to an end, too.  Funny how that works out.

I added some red bars to add some color pop.  OK, too much Home and Garden TV....

The gold plaque at the top will be blank on the packaged version.  Open sign.jpg with any paint program, add any text you want, and re-save as sign.jpg.  Or replace it with any 800 x 200 image you design, saved as sign.jpg.  Or delete sign.jpg and the main background color will still be there.

As before, two images alternate:  pic1.jpg and pic2.jpg.    Packed with skin are the public domain earthrise picture and a public domain picture of a Gemini space capsule in earth orbit.  The images are 800 x 600.  The borders around those pictures were created with the freeware program Photoscape and are not part of the skin....they're part of the pictures.  BTW, DWJukebox will squeeze or expand any picture you save with those names to those dimensions, so if your originals are a few pixels different it won't be really noticeable, but if the aspect ratio is much different then they'll look like a bad Hi-Def TV.

Let me know if you would like a copy.

Brian

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:27:54 pm by Dermbrian »

Dermbrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PhotoSkin-Landscape (a Widescreen skin for DWJukebox)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »
I got permission to use a couple of photographs of turntables from a guy that has a collection of vintage hi-fi equipment.  Here's what this skin looks like when first started now.  The user then can choose to substitute any two pictures in place of the turntables.

Again, this is a widescreen skin, designed for monitors with a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.  My own is an MSI all-in-one touchscreen computer.  This seems to be the emerging standard for all-in-one computers.

Brian