Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SEGA driving cab MAMED with REAL FORCE FEEDBACK! HowToGuide!!  (Read 36809 times)

thesharkfactor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2012, 07:19:40 pm
SEGA driving cab MAMED with REAL FORCE FEEDBACK! HowToGuide!!
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:06 pm »
hi guys,

i wanted to show you my mamed/ps3/model2emu SEGA Initial D driving cabinet- with a working REAL arcade force feedback belt driven motor!  

its taken a good long while, but it's 100% complete..  i'll try summarise to keep it short, with a few pics, but im happy to answer any questions if anyone else is mad enough to put this together....

i bought this lovely minty fresh restored Initial D cab from an arcade related forum a couple of months back...

it was originally one half of a SEGA Touring Car, which was beautifully restored/converted from the bare metal up, to a single Initial D. however, when i took ownership of the machine it was an unfinished project, it was almost complete and was running, it had all the naomi 2 hardware and game but with a few cables missing making some components inoperable.  Lovely condition, majority of the parts used in the conversion were new old stock or near mint.

Upon learning the news that the SEGA model2 emulator now fully supports force feedback (and GT5 is coming!), i bought the machine with the intention of converting it to a multi platform driving cabinet. I collected the machine in 20 odd bits, in 2 vehicles, took it home and re-assembled in position at home. it didn't take long to sell all the internal hardware on an auction site.. and luckily, i managed to recoup more than the initial cost of the machine by selling the parts i didn't need.

next i had to decide which steering wheel i was going to use. the steering wheel force feedback motors in sega cabinets cannot be interfaced with a pc without some serious wizardry (they have a clutch), however, HAPP controls do a belt driven active FFB steering wheel with a simple DC motor, as used in many arcade driving machines, this wheel can be interfaced with a pc, by hacking it onto the pcb of a cheapo logitech ffb steering wheel.

the other option would to use an expensive logitech G25 or fanatec porsche steering wheel, but i decided that the best of the best ffb steering wheels are found in arcade machines- built to take some serious abuse and last for years. no home/end user flimsy steering wheel ive ever bought has been able to match the quality of the experience an arcade wheel provides..

i have used the belt driven HAPP controls active ffb steering wheel.. far more powerful and superior to anything you can buy over the counter..lol..

http://www.happcontrols.com/driving/50010200.htm

I hunted the web for an old atari or namco cabinet with a HAPP ffb wheel, i got the one i used from a crusin' world cab.

to make this work,  i used a logitech driving force EX ffb steering wheel for ps2 ps3. basically, theory is to connect the pot on the logitech wheel to the happ wheel, connect the pots from the logitech pedals to the pedals on the arcade cab, hook the wires going to the logitech motor to the HAPP motor...

donor logitech wheel..

sounds easy, but not so simple.. the pots are different sizes for a start, (you need 2x 50k pots for the pedals and a 100k pot for the wheel), and the power going  to the tiny ffb motor in the logitech wheel is insufficient to power the large HAPP motor. Pots were easy to sort (maplins, RS componets). to boost the power output from the logitech pcb to the HAPP motor, ive used a servo amplifier for brushless motors, and a 24v dc psu to power the amp.

the servo amp i used..

for the buttons, gear shift and dpad, i hacked the pads of the logitech wheel and installed them into the dashboard from a SEGA touring car (which came spare with the cabinet) along with 4 VR (view change) buttons from a daytona control panel. mapped as follows-

start-start,
select-credit/insert coin,
4 action buttons- 4 VR buttons
d-pad- 4 way shifter
L+R- sequential shifter buttons mounted on the wheel

every button taken care of for both pc and console use. thankfully, after many weeks of hard work.. IT WORKS!

work in progress pics..

before.. (note the tiny ffb motor lol!)

after.. (note the HUGE ffb motor and amplifier!)

closer look..

the HAPP wheel and amp..

how its wired..

as the HAPP wheel assembly was never meant to fit in a SEGA dashboard, i had to make a mount from MDF board that i could affix to both the mounts on the rear of the dashboard and the mounts on the HAPP.. you can see here..

the pad hacks for the buttons.. very tricky work!

started off like this when removed from the logitech..

each button got a wire soldered on and hot glued fast in position..

testing the buttons on the pc using the logitech software..

hooked them all up to the buttons on the dashboard..

originally a sequential shifter in the dashboard, i drilled it out for a 4 speed, wired up a happ 4 speed shifter and fitted a minty fresh NOS sega shifter cover...

the sequential shifter buttons installed in the steering wheel using small red fire buttons,

all bases covered- the 4speed doubles as a hi/lo shifer for games like outrun and chase hq, sequential shifter buttons on the steering wheel for ps3 games etc, and the 4 speed shift for daytona and sega rally!! (which work great btw!!)... good for most any driving game. sound was wired up using a 5.1 pc sound system hacked onto the original sega speakers in the seat, the sub in the seat base, the ones either side of the monitor i installed myself as this cabinet only had speakers in the seat- needless to say, it sounds great. the pc was simple enough to set up, ive used the same monitor that was in the cabinet.

a video of the 1st test of the components.. all working, ffb strength is very powerful!  

[TUBE]24H1q1SCSdA[/TUBE]

and a video it it working, mrs sharkfactor playing daytona..!!

[TUBE]1eBnwNK5vfM[/TUBE]

im very impressed with the ffb, its emulated very well in daytona, sega rally and sega touring car.. very powerful, ive had to turn it down to 50% in the settings to get it to feel right. very smooth, elastic like feedback in each game, and it sure tears the wheel from your hand if you bump a wall or another car. real arcade quality force feedback.. cant wait to get the ps3 hooked up with some GT5, outrun, gti club, sega rally3 and every other racer with ffb ive been missing out on playing properly!

better videos to follow..!

here are both my cabs together..(shown with a 19" 6button jamma cab, mamed ofcourse, and resto'd by me, thread on that here.. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=105190.0

cheers:)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:50:56 pm by thesharkfactor »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 08:21:52 pm
Re: SEGA driving cab MAMED with REAL FORCE FEEDBACK! HowToGuide!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:24:30 pm »
Awesome work!

I haven't tried it yet, but there was a version of the Final Burn emulator that supported force feedback for Outrun.

If anyone is interested in doing a similar "wheel hack" without the PS3 support, the old Act Labs wheels have a detachable wiring harness going to each set of buttons, so you can just clip the wires instead of soldering.  It had around 14 buttons total, including the D-pad.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:29:52 pm by BadMouth »

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »
hi mate,

your right, there is.. but its not really force feedback. outrun had a shaker motor, it would shake the wheel side to side, bit like an early kind of rumble lol.. i havent tried that build of mame yet, when i do, i'll report back if the rumble works..

however, the i can set the properties of the happ/logitech wheel to add centering spring force to games which had a spring or even to games that had no feedback at all..

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:14:41 pm »
Awesome!
Two questions.  How do you drive in reverse?  How does (any) Burnout play on this?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:51:35 am by Generic Eric »

XNIF

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2017, 04:40:32 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:23:47 am »
This is really awesome! Have you tested more games? What racing games work 100% with forcefeedback? Have you tried any windows games ?
It would be great to have a frontend for racing games.... dunno how this would look like, but it should be possible to select games with the steering wheel.... ?

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:36:06 pm »
@generic eric..
reversing is game dependant i suppose- eg, sega rally, you just press and hold the brake pedal. if another game requires something different like a button press, i can assign that buttons to one of the buttons on the dashboard. i have all of the buttons from the ps3 steering wheel/controller in the dashboard- nothing has been missed. if a game needs reverse, there'll be a buttons for it..

@xnif..
so far i have played all the model2 emulator driving games- sega rally, daytona, sega touring car championship, indy 500, over rev.. i can confirm they work 100% with force feedback. each game needs the settings tweaking to get the best from the ffb. eg- sega rally ffb settings are at 2of7 stars, but i have daytona settings maxed out.

ive tried a few mame games, outrun etc.. but each one needs set up individually (just once though) to work with the pedals and correct sensitivity. i may give crusin usa a try tonight, see how that plays.

i have need for speed shift and DiRT both for the pc, they work well too (though my gfx card is abit lame to run them like a console).  ive got a UK pal ps3, but i need a US ntsc ps3 because the pal version doesnt do 640x480i which my 31khz arcade monitor needs. i'll be installing a ntsc pd3 soon- ready for gran turismo 5!

for now, im having a great time on sega rally.. best score so far is.. 3.23:68

best time i can find on the web is on youtube and it's 3.24:xx.. so i know my cab works perfectly if im breaking records lol!!!

cheers
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:38:36 pm by thesharkfactor »

releasedtruth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2018, 12:06:49 am
  • Projected Nexus
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 12:45:55 am »
Now this is the type of ingenuity I've been looking for in a driving fanatic. It takes dedication to go this far and I think it's quite an impressive feat. Good show and thanks for sharing your efforts with the community.

XNIF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 01:25:34 am »
can you give me an indication of the cost for making a cab like this?

Roo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2010, 09:17:03 pm
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:48 am »
Great job!  Thank you for posting this!

zorrobandito

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2015, 07:19:44 am
    • Zorro's Classic Games
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 10:00:54 am »
Wow! Finally someone goes the extra mile. I have a Virtua Racing Twin that has been waiting for exactly this modification and it was the force feedback design that was holding me up.

It does seem a shame to not use the existing Sega FF mechanism, especially as the motor is so colossal, was there a reason why you built your own or was it just a result of wanting to start with an empty cab?

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »
thankyou for the comments guys  8)

@released truth.. thankyou for the kind words. i am indeed a driving game fan, but more so a sega rally fan- sega rally (and daytona) was really the main inspiration behind the project (oh and outrun2 on PSN!)..
dedication-yes lol.. many a hour was spent just staring at the various components and wondering how the hell i could get it to work/fit.. especially- the marriage of the sega dashboard and happ wheel. they were never meant to fit together lol, and i had steering shaft angles and length to consider. honestly, i sat with the 2 bits infront of me for over an hour on a couple of occasions, trying to work out how it could be done. then, eureka..it just came to me.. a piece of 5mm mdf board with 9 holes in.. 4 for the sega mount, 4 for the happ mount and one for the shaft.. lol..then there was the gearshift.. happ stuff don't fit in sega cabs lol.. the shifter had to be drilled into position.. a job i could have made easier using a daytona or rally dashboard which was meant for 4 speed.. however, job done..!

@XNIF.. sure, i paid £650 for the initialD cabinet with all the naomi2 hardware and a spare touring car dashboard. i sold off all the hardware and initiaD dashboard, steering wheel, ffb midi driver boards, sound board, gd rom, net dimm, wiring, etc..  and got ALL my money back. the cabinet is cositng ZERO. i still have the initialD3 game disc rom, currently on ebay just now, valued at £180.

the happ wheel and 4 speed shifter cost £90 from an arcade operator/dealer. i used 2 logitech wheels (i broke the pcb 1st one, due to too much fiddling/testing lol) @ £40 each. i paid £20 for the 4 dayona VR buttons and £5 for the shifter buttons on the wheel. the amplifier was expensive.. a used item from ebay, £60 inc customs tax (bought from USA). potentiometers for the pedals and steering wheel were cheap £10 for the 3..

the pc, i already had, but if you need to put one together to use with model2 emulator, your looking at another £200 or so..

so thats around £200 i spent on the parts.. but if i sell the initialD3 game for £180.. total cost for this project is £20.

lols..  BTW, this theory should apply to any old sega driving cab.. buy the cab, sell the hardware, cab costs zero..!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:07:20 pm by thesharkfactor »

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »
@zorrobandito... the force feedback motors in sega cabs are different. they have a clutch mechanism and are driven by a midi driver board inside the cab, there are 2 steering pots on these motors too.. to simplify the explanation, the midi driver board decodes signals from the game board and outputs them to the ffb motor in a foreign langauge. the happ wheel, and the logitech wheel are very similar- they both have a DC motor with only 2 wires coming from it, +and-, thats all. which means they talk the same language. all i had to do was attach the wires from the logitech motor to the happ motor instead, but with a servo amplifier inbetween to boost the tiny signal that would power the logitech motor, boost it enough to power the large happ motor..

theory is all good and well- i nearly fell off my seat when it actualy worked on 1st test!
i recommed you give it a go.. perhaps with the actlabs wheel mentioned above- sounds like it needs less button hacking than a logitech, but you'd forfeit ps3 compatibility ..     

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 04:19:48 pm »
You will come to hate the Daytona theme song if you leave sound on in the attract mode.   :(

I need to get off my arse and sell the hardware that came with my cab.
I'm embarrassed by how much $$$ I have in mine now for starting out with a $50 cab.

XNIF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:28 am »
I wished i'd never seen this thread.  I just called someone who had a Sega Rally 1 race cab for 250 euro (defective computer) complete. But i do not have clue if there is something from that cab i do not need and can sell.
Thinking about it... *sigh*

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »
sure there is..!

you can offload the..

sega rally game boards £100+ (faulty or not)
sound board £25
ffb driver board £150 (at least)
model1 wiring loom £30
model1 motherboards £50
24khz monitor £75... thats just the bits i can think of, there will be more!

see.. the cabinet is FREE already- infact, you've made money lols  >:D..

you would then be left with the full sega rally cabinet, with dashboard and 4speed shifter AND enough profit to buy the parts you need to complete. you would need to replace the montior with a trisync or at least a 31khz crt (£75) (so you can use it for ps3), or you could keep the 24khz crt monitor in there already, but ideally you want a 31khz in there for ease of pc use. then have a hunt around for a used happ wheel (i can help there, i know where there is one available), find a used logitech wheel on ebay (£25 or brand new for £40) and a servo amplifier.. your good to go!!

i'll offer as much support and help as you need to get it running and wired right, and help with sourcing the right buttons and potentiometers for the job..

im getting exited for you! lol.. :D

go get that sega rally cabinet!

you now have the cabinet,
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:46:21 pm by thesharkfactor »

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »
dunno how this would look like, but it should be possible to select games with the steering wheel.... ?

yes.. hyperspin.. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/

here is an example of hyperspin running in my 1st mame cab (a restored electrocin xenon, and converted to sf2). running on windows xp, windows hidden 100%.

[TUBE]zf0OBy6WCw4[/TUBE]

when i have the time, im going to set up a hyperspin install using a gamelist with only driving games, as you can see by how hyperspin works, selecting games by the steering wheel is ideal! and hypserpin sure is pretty too!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:58:21 pm by thesharkfactor »

XNIF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 02:41:49 am »
ok well talked it over with my boss... errr my wife. When i have finished the cab i am working on right now, i can get the rally. So in a month or so i'll get my winter project :)

chris77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 10:08:55 am
  • Instant C
    • visual pinball
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 10:08:06 am »
omg, I LOVE IT  ;D  :o 

zorrobandito

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2015, 07:19:44 am
    • Zorro's Classic Games
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 09:33:21 pm »
@zorrobandito... the force feedback motors in sega cabs are different. they have a clutch mechanism and are driven by a midi driver board inside the cab, there are 2 steering pots on these motors too.. to simplify the explanation, the midi driver board decodes signals from the game board and outputs them to the ffb motor in a foreign langauge. the happ wheel, and the logitech wheel are very similar- they both have a DC motor with only 2 wires coming from it, +and-, thats all. which means they talk the same language. all i had to do was attach the wires from the logitech motor to the happ motor instead, but with a servo amplifier inbetween to boost the tiny signal that would power the logitech motor, boost it enough to power the large happ motor..

theory is all good and well- i nearly fell off my seat when it actualy worked on 1st test!
i recommed you give it a go.. perhaps with the actlabs wheel mentioned above- sounds like it needs less button hacking than a logitech, but you'd forfeit ps3 compatibility ..     

OK, I get that, though it's disappointing because I was hoping to leave the Virtua Racing intact and simply piggy-back on the existing mechanics. From your description of FFB mech, I realise that my dream was a little naive.

The Sega wheel though, could be converted to a polarity model as you describe above, surely? I mean it's just a mechanism for turning gears which turn pots. I've looked at the prices for the Happ wheel and at $200+ (and I'll need 2) it goes against logic to rip out what already works.

I'm not challenging, just trying to understand the decision process.

XNIF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 07:21:00 am »
@thesharkfactor what would be the biggest screen to fit in that cab?  Do you know if all cabs from sega are alike with their size and measures?  I have a 29" trinitron laying around (with scart) would be nice to use that...

thesharkfactor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 05:51:04 pm »
@zorro.. you can find a used happ wheel for much less than that. keep an eye on ebay for parts. many non sega arcade driving games used a happ ffb wheel. crusin' world, crusin exotica, ridge racer 2+3, sanfrancisco rush, to name a few.. you can find control panels for these games or even a whole machine for little money. personally, my happ wheel came from an old crusin' world machine...still works perfectly lol, ..

alternativly, you could use two logitech g25/27's, or two fanatec porsches 911 turbo s's decase them and mount them in the sega dashboard.

@xnif.. im sure the monitors are 29", so your tv (decased) should be ok..

:) 

chris77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 10:08:55 am
  • Instant C
    • visual pinball
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 04:57:02 am »
.... all i had to do was attach the wires from the logitech motor to the happ motor instead, but with a servo amplifier inbetween to boost the tiny signal that would power the logitech motor, boost it enough to power the large happ motor.....  

hey sharkfactor, your project is simply awesome!!
is it possible to use a (fast switching optocoupler) relay instead the servo amp?

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:53 am »
Great Work. If I ever get to building a driving cab, this is a great way to do it!

RVZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 08:51:42 am
    • Metal Slug!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 06:38:23 am »
Very cool!  Always wanted a driving cab as well.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 11:34:14 am »
FYI, newer logitech pc wheels (G25, G27, newer Driving Force than what thesharkfactor used, etc) use an optical encoder wheel instead of a pot, making it more of a hassle to hack.

I assumed my black MOMO Racing wheel (not to be confused with the old red MOMO) would be potentiometer based, but it was not.
The friggin mount for the pot is still there, but they added an optical wheel on the backside of the feedback motor shaft.
To make matters worse, the steering input passes through about 5 gears, so you can't just mount the same optical wheel on the end of the arcade steering shaft.  :banghead:  Well, you can, but it will take several turns of the wheel just to turn halfway in one direction.
There is also another optical sensor that pics up a silver bar on the side of the steering shaft so it knows where center is.
The pedals also don't use standard pots like the older sets did.  They use tiny surface mount ones like you find in gamepads. 

I'm still deciding how to proceed.  It would be easier to just buy an older wheel, but how much longer will it be supported by newer games?
Also, if I go with the optical wheel, it might be possible to remove the stop and put another sensor on the other side, allowing the wheel to work with 360 degree games.
I just haven't gotten up the nerve to start counting the teeth on all the gears to figure out what kind of tooth count I need if I just want to mount it on the end of the steering wheel shaft.

Luckily, I'm doing this to a spare wheel that I bought and I can still play my driving cab as it is.

Delirio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 01:34:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
Hi,i'm a member of italian arcade forum,this topic is very interesting,but i have a question for you.
logitech force ex is 180°,and arcade HAPP is 270°,and after u hack logitech in the video u do ffb test whit logitech program and work at 270°.
u need to riconfigure program or just u calibrate that?
i'm near to start same project whit logitech force ex and arcade konami steering (form racing jam)
thanks

brand44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2014, 01:43:53 am
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 02:10:05 am »
Hi guys!
yeah! this is the type of ingenuity I've been looking for  in a driving fanatic.It takes dedication to go this far and I think It's quite an impressive feat.....

brand44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2014, 01:43:53 am
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 02:12:04 am »
Hi guys!
yeah! this is the type of ingenuity I've been looking for  in a driving fanatic.It takes dedication to go this far and I think It's quite an impressive feat.....

brand44

sabreerbasAlpha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 07:28:29 pm
  • Remember those big 10ps?
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 08:29:57 am »
How much do I want this in my game room right now. Sir you must sell this machine to me. Seriously how much ? my son would love this.. Very Very Nice mate.

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2020, 02:48:15 pm
  • Bingo!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
hallo. nice job. you seam like you know you way around Wheels and ffb. i have a technical issue i hope mabe you culd help me with.
i own a copple of playseats SV witch has vibration motors buildt into them but, they react to sound input making them useless with the motor on if Theres any ingame music. im trying to find a way to make them react to my G27 Wheels rumble. the vibrator is basically just a butkicker buildt into the subwoofer under the seats.
hope someone can help.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:01:26 pm by FaithLes2425 »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 11:32:56 am »
hallo. nice job. you seam like you know you way around Wheels and ffb. i have a technical issue i hope mabe you culd help me with.
i own a copple of playseats SV witch has vibration motors buildt into them but, they react to sound input making them useless with the motor on if Theres any ingame music. im trying to find a way to make them react to my G27 Wheels rumble. the vibrator is basically just a butkicker buildt into the subwoofer under the seats.
hope someone can help.

Simplest, but not cheapest way:
http://simxperience.com/en-us/products/simvibe/simvibesoftware.aspx

You'd just need the software and a second audio card.
You don't need to have multiple amps and multiple butt-kickers, although you'd get more out of the software if you did.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:34:50 am by BadMouth »

FaithLes2425

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2020, 02:48:15 pm
  • Bingo!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply.
i have already bin presented with this solution but i was hoping there was a more straightforward way of doing this.
i really like it if  there was a way to just take the wires from the seats vibrator and connect them with the wheels vibrator like an extension. is this really not at all possible?
thank you in advance.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 11:15:22 pm »
i really like it if  there was a way to just take the wires from the seats vibrator and connect them with the wheels vibrator like an extension. is this really not at all possible?

Nope.  Nothing that simple.  The force feedback of the wheel is directional, much more than just vibration.
Even if it were a simple vibration motor, it would still require you to build some type of custom electronic interface.