Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Virtual Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 3798 times)

jmrank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2011, 02:07:01 pm
Virtual Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: August 22, 2010, 10:27:10 am »
Hey all.  I'm rebuilding my cabinet with Ubuntu 8.10, advmame, and advmenu.  I've got my board (I-PAC) set up with the default keyboard configuration (i.e., player 1 buttons are LCtl, Lalt, Space, etc.), and am running outside of X.

In testing, I immediately learned that in Linux, Alt-Left and Alt-Right (joystick and button 2!) switch to the prev/next virtual console.  Clearly, this is a problem.  I'd really rather not go through the hassle of reprogramming the board... instead, I'd prefer to go through the hassle of trying to figure out how to disable those keyboard shortcuts.

Does anybody know how this can be done?

Quinny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2014, 07:52:07 am
Re: Virtual Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:45 am »
I am using Ubuntu 10.4 and I have a Keyboard Shortcuts menu option under the Preferences menu. In there it has all the "switch workspace" shortcuts and you can modify or disable them there.

Hope that helps.