Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: OSCAR Vortex spinner review!  (Read 5194 times)

Sasquatch!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
OSCAR Vortex spinner review!
« on: August 07, 2003, 10:38:29 pm »
Got my OSCAR Vortex spinner, put it through a workout, and wrote up my review of it:
http://www.arcadeparadise.org/reviews/vortex.html

Comments / questions / complaints welcome!

Aceldamor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2019, 05:10:51 pm
  • You know you hear the music in your head...
Re:OSCAR Vortex spinner review!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 12:31:32 am »
Very cool man!  Thanks for posting that review!  As soon as I get some money, oscar will be getting an order or two.  ;D
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman!

jdjuggler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2022, 10:54:37 pm
  • Hurray! I don't have pockets for quarters anyway!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 03:02:23 pm »
Great review.
Hey, when do we get to see the Video Review...
Just a small hint for Kevin Steele; that's if he's received one of these yet.
I may be strange... but, I'd like to acually see this spin as in some of Kevin's reviews.
Thanks,
JD

vitaflo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2020, 08:11:04 pm
    • ASMBLR
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 05:14:22 pm »
I would be curious to know how this performs compared to the Oscar Pro spinner overall.

Sasquatch!

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 07:21:32 pm »
Great review.
Hey, when do we get to see the Video Review...
Just a small hint for Kevin Steele; that's if he's received one of these yet.
I may be strange... but, I'd like to acually see this spin as in some of Kevin's reviews.
I don't have a digital video camera, so I can't do the HOT HOT HOT video review action like kevsteel can.  Plus, I don't have his "Public Safety Announcer" voice either, so you're probably lucky.  ;)

I would be curious to know how this performs compared to the Oscar Pro spinner overall.
Hah!  I knew someone was going to ask that question.  :)  As it turns out, I do have an OSCAR Pro too.  I didn't mention it (and compare the two) in the original review, since OSCAR Controls is going to be discontinuing the Pro model (the Votex is the Pro's replacement).

Nothing against the Pro, but the Vortex beats it in every way I can think of.  The raw weight of the two feel pretty much the same to me, but the Pro seems to "feel" heavier to me once its mounted: the Pro is harder for me to "start up" (it requires more of a push) if you really want to crank on it.  Also, the Vortex has a longer spin time than the Pro, if you care about that kind of thing.  Oh yeah, mounting the Vortex is easier than mounting the Pro (you don't have to take the optic board off to mount the Vortex).  Does that answer your question?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2003, 07:22:45 pm by Sasquatch! »