Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Guy, Looking for help with Amiga Emulation for MA  (Read 4272 times)

HalJordan1995

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2010, 09:59:53 am
New Guy, Looking for help with Amiga Emulation for MA
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:13 am »
Hey all,
New to the forum. Looks like there is lots of great info available here.    I have been 'wasting time' with my cabinet for a few years now but still have not reached dork nirvana.  (Ill upload some pics of my cabinet when I find the correct place for such things, its a 2 person cocktail but plays side to side rather than head to head)

Anyway...I have yet to get Amiga emulation working correctly with MA.
Version: MA V10
OP SyS: Win XP
Emulator: 'Amiga Forever'

Has anyone had any success with Amiga emulation within MA? Is it worth pursuing?  I like to keep the operation of the cab as simple as possible and hate using the Keyboard or mouse for anything (kills the illusion). 

I honestly have not put much effort into utilizing the Amiga as a system in MA, but think it may have some cool games to offer.  I know Amiga games are not the most 'Cabinet friendly' and seem to load excruciatingly slow.  Just looking for others experiences.

I used to stopped using C64 on the Cab because I could never get to be seamless.  Always needed some settings tweaking to play every game - annoying.  I get the feeling Amiga emulation will be similar.

Thanks!

notroubleclubber

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2023, 04:26:25 pm
Re: New Guy, Looking for help with Amiga Emulation for MA
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:55:29 am »
Id like an easy answer to this please. I remember reading a thread on the MA forums about this but it seemed quite complicated compared to others.
Id also like to get spectrum,c64 and amstrad games working on my cab using MA but again it seems alot of hassle compared to consoles.

HalJordan1995

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:45:53 pm »
nickynooch,

Awesome thanks!  I actually think I am more excited about the C64 info than the Amiga!  It is supposed to rain this weekend so I am all set with ways to ignore my fam... er I mean, entertain myself.

Cant wait to play Commando, Ghostbusters,  Impossible Mission, and Summer Games!

Sweet, thanks for the info.

jimmy2x2x

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »
Maybe I have just been unlucky with my selection of games, but quite a few I have just tried out (sanxion, delta, commando) all had trainers and required you to press oddball keys (y/n) or run-stop or F1!

I might need a clean collection of games!

jimmy2x2x

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 06:33:08 pm »
ahh missed that, thanks ;)

HalJordan1995

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 07:49:02 pm »
No problem.  It's been a while since I set up the Commodore 64 stuff, so I'll try to help out the best I can.  There was a whole tutorial on disk swapping with WinVice in maximus arcade.  I can pull that if you need it from the old forums.  I never used that tutorial, but it may be useful for you.  I may post it here anyway.

DISK SWAPPING!!!! AH!  I forgot about that.  Yes I remember now, that was probably the main reason I decided to 86 the C64 from the cab.  However,  I now have renewed vigor and with the help of this forum I shall dork out to C64 games this weekend!

Thanks again, and if you can find the disk swapping info I would greatly appreciate it.

notroubleclubber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:31:50 am »
I was more a speccy man myself though i did own a c64 and a vic20 at one point (must fine new york blitz and doodlebug!).

I did think of loading up the game i wanted - getting past the usual menu then saving the state and then putting the saved state image in my cab so i could play straight away without menus but didnt know if it saved the whole game memory or just some.
Could this be done with amiga,c64 ,vic20 and amstrad?
I dont want all the games available for these systems but just the ones i used to play years ago!

notroubleclubber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 12:15:43 pm »
OK. Been messing with winuae and decided to look at batman the movie as i loved that game on the amiga. 1 disk only too to make things easier.
I got it loaded up then saved the state whent he game started. Then i could double click on the saved state file which ive associated in windows 7 with winuae and it boots up and plays straight away.
Now im guessing to use this in MA would be to associate the rom files with the saved state files instead (think file extension is .uss).
And then i would just configure the arcade cabs keys for the joystick keys in the main winuae config?
Id have to go through every game i want on the cab and save each state when loaded but would this work?
Would this also work for spectrum and c64 games?
Also what do i do when the game needs 2 or 3 discs sometimes 4 with amiga games?!