Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Console Kiosks Controllers?  (Read 5813 times)

BiGjAc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2003, 09:45:02 pm
  • PiMP
Console Kiosks Controllers?
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:57:27 pm »
You know when you goto gamestop, ebgames, walmart , toys r us, or somethign like that and they have those kiosks with either an xbox or a ps2 or gamecube running inside? Well does anyone have any idea how you could design sometype of mounting so that you could buy any generic controller and mount it like that (with the hard plastic and you see no wires just the controller). Because I'm building a cab with a rotating control panel and i thought it would be a cool idea to have maybe a real snes and n64 controller mounted but without the wires and mess...any ideas?
In 2008 when I turn 21 I'll legally be able to do everything I've been doing sense I was 14....

BiGjAc

• Offline Offline
  • PiMP
In 2008 when I turn 21 I'll legally be able to do everything I've been doing sense I was 14....

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re:Console Kiosks Controllers?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 07:09:41 pm »
Next time you are at one of those kiosks play a game as long as you can stand it.  

It will then become apparent that console games are meant to be played sitting down, at a distance from the monitor.  :)

BiGjAc

• Offline Offline
  • PiMP
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 07:16:11 pm »
well i thought it would be a viable alternative to running mario kart and other such nintendo 64 games that just dont feel right with arcade controls in my cab

BiGjAc

• Offline Offline
  • PiMP
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 07:52:01 pm »
i was thinking of using something like the plastice thats on some desk/computer chairs that covers the medal bar connecting the backrest and the seat and inserting some type of medal or plastic support to keep it from sitting limp...what do you guys think? n e idea where to buy replacement computer chair parts?

TheTick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2009, 12:24:27 pm
  • I.P. Daley
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 09:04:45 pm »
You can buy a chair that has it on it, and than utilize the 5 year warranty. Call them up and tell them you need to order a replacement... a couple of them.
Mucal invader, is there no end to your oozing?!

BiGjAc

• Offline Offline
  • PiMP
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 09:35:20 pm »
hmm that seems like a pretty good idea, I could have it least 4 pads hooked up (all I would consider hooking up anyway) with just two of those covers sense they are pretty long anyway...thanks tick!

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 12:12:28 am »
Actually, I know what part you are refering to, but those things are usually kind of limp. They may not be sturdy enough for this particular purpose.

If I were you I would consider using wireless controllers. That way you can sit back and relax, but at the same time you won't have the wire mess.

BiGjAc

• Offline Offline
  • PiMP
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 02:20:03 pm »
I thought of wireless, but wanted the controlls to be more integrated into the cab, also do u still think it would be to flemsy with  some type of metal or plastic insert?

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 12:51:18 pm »
Maybe the flexible part of a microphone stand? You can get those in various stiffness's.

A cheap similar thing would be flexible conduit.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.