Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: rowe ami 90 speakers  (Read 3356 times)

needing help dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2011, 02:05:27 pm
rowe ami 90 speakers
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:24:07 am »
ive just bought a r90 the original amp as described in manual has been replaced with a mk iv amp by rainbow manufacturing, my problem is the left speaker has blown the two midrange are missing,i want to replace the midrange and the blown speaker ,the two woofers are now wired to the phono on the new amp question ,how do i wire the midrange speakers and do i wire in the two coils next to where they go, one more thing the two woofers have had the capacitors cut ,any ideas why,should i connect back up ?

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: rowe ami 90 speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:03:18 am »
Hi Dave,

Being has the R-90 is fitted with a Rainbow Mk 4 (were produced by Music Hire/Kunick Leisure in the mid 1980's) suggests that you reside in the UK.

The Mk 4 was a poor substitute at best and for what ever reason the output package was taken out of the jukebox. I suggest that you look on Ebay for a replacement amplifier the correct size would have been the 130 watt version with the Rowe Ami number of 6-09931-02 however the 125 watt 6-07438-04 could be used.

Get one of the above and abtain the R-90 manual to reinstate the cross overs and speakers to their correct format.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

needing help dave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2011, 02:05:27 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:25 am »
thanks alan i will have a look,re speaker replacement would you recommend any make or are they all about the same, as you might guess im new to this ,thanks again dave.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
Hi Dave,

They need to be the original speakers or the sound will not be the same. In the case of shot speakers most engineers suggest direct replacement or reconing the orginal speakers.

If you need replacement speakers or any parts contact me off of line.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
0114 247 0242 phone
0114 251 0727 fax
alan-hood@datex.co.uk