Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gottlieb EM Big Brave Issues  (Read 1779 times)

JODY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:06:29 pm
  • After a long delay...the arcade is underway!
Gottlieb EM Big Brave Issues
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:31:56 pm »
Is anyone familiar with Gottlieb EM machines, specifically Big Brave / Big Indian?  I have a few issues I'm trying to resolve.

One flipper was weak / buzzed, some lights were out, and the center bonus lights would have two (seven and eight) light up at the same time.  I resolved all of these issues by installing part of a flipper rebuild kit, changing bulbs, and fixing one bent connection resulting in two wires touching each other on the stepper unit.

The remaining ones are that the lane lights (both left & right), the rollover disc lights (all 3), and the pop bumper lights (2) do not light up.  They should light up at certain points to indicate bonus scoring opportunities.  The bulbs are fine.  I think (can't remember for sure) they were working several weeks ago prior to the work I did above and I was careful not to mess with anything or bump anything non-related to specific issues being fixed.  The scoring appears to be working fine.  E.g. the ball going over a specific rollover may score 100 points and later score 500.  It appears the machine is completely working except the lights noted never come on.

I have a schematic but have not gone over it yet.  Anyone know if this problem is indicative of a dirty contact somewhere, bad relay, or something else?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:45:49 pm by JODY »

JODY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:06:29 pm
  • After a long delay...the arcade is underway!
Re: Gottlieb EM Big Brave Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »
Fixed....documented here:  http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=145816

Now if someone can just tell me if there is supposed to be a tooth missing from the bonus unit gear.  It is either made that way or someone ground one off.  It was not simply broken.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:19:49 pm by JODY »