Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to forget someone? Emergency!!!  (Read 8444 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: How to forget someone? Emergency!!!
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:15 am »
I'm going to see her tomorrow guys... I know I'm an idiot for not hearing any of you guys out. You guys have said some very good advice, you're more than just arcade nerds!!! Some of you are very supportive while others hmmm... well I'm going to see her tomorrow, talk to her in person. I really don't know why all of this is happening... It's been going on and off since March and still this kind of stuff happens. I really don't understand why guys... why is this so hard? I STILL know I'm an idiot...

Don't worry mate, most of us have been there. I promise you, when you meet someone else (and make an effort too, don't just sit around moping) it'll all become clear. You'll still never understand teh wimmings, but it won't hurt as much...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

Cakemeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
I'm going to see her tomorrow guys... I know I'm an idiot for not hearing any of you guys out. You guys have said some very good advice, you're more than just arcade nerds!!! Some of you are very supportive while others hmmm... well I'm going to see her tomorrow, talk to her in person. I really don't know why all of this is happening... It's been going on and off since March and still this kind of stuff happens. I really don't understand why guys... why is this so hard? I STILL know I'm an idiot...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Old, but not obsolete.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2010, 09:32:14 am »
I think we have found a worthy successor to USSE ...
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2010, 11:27:08 am »
Successful people think long term. You Newman, are thinking short term.
NO MORE!!

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2010, 11:56:35 am »
Since everyone's advice is being ignored, perhaps some reverse psychology will work?

Newman, you should totally get back together with her and ask her to marry you.  She will completely change once that happens and she will never freak out on you or randomly break down into tears for no apparent reason ever again.  Good luck!

Matthew Anderson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2020, 04:06:08 pm
  • What does that even mean?
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »
Dude !

You might as well hook back up with the girl and let her break your heart 3 or 4 more times.

This is classic logic versus emotion stuff

You KNOW in your mind this is a bad idea

BUT

You FEEL in your heart she is the one for you...

Trust me your mind is going to lose this one... it always does.. at least until you realize you can get by a day without her... then a week without her... then a month etc etc etc

But that is not going to happen as long as she wants to get in touch with you and can get in touch with you....

If it was me I would tell all my friends not to tell me that she wants to see me, and I would change my phone number... and I would get a new activity to do... for me it was cycling and Aikido

Best of luck!

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2010, 01:25:00 pm »
I miss the days when few people had cellphones and, because we were a minority, were more conscious of our manners.

Agreed, we got by just fine before cell phones on dates.  To me its pretty rude to answer a cell phone in the following scenarios:

- a date with spouse/partner. Notice the word date...going to Ikea doesn't count, answer the phone...taking partner/spouse to the movies or dinner? Hell no...voicemail that call.
- If with a client
- If at a job interview
- In a movie theater
- Driving

NOTE: When you do answer the phone, answer it in a normal everyday voice...not the IM TALKING SO LOUD SO EVERYONE IN THE  MALL CAN HEAR MY INTIMATE DETAILS VOICE ;)
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2010, 05:08:27 pm »
Newman, like most of the guys on here have mentioned, we have all been there one way or another, myself included. The chick that sort of did the same thing to me was SUPER hot too, yeah that made it hard(haha get it?) but still, youre obviously young, and there are other chicks. The hotness wears off too if the chick acts like a female dog. Dude, is she bi-polar or something? You made it seems like she cries at the drop of a hat. No man wants to handle a girl that cries incessantly. Thats no fun at all. Like you mentioned the point before, youre trying to FORGET her, but LEARN from her. LEARN what you DONT want... LEARN what NOT to do. When this happened to me I found myself doing what some of these fellow guys mentioned. CUT HER OFF COMPLETELY. I did. One of the best things I ever did. Guys and girls arent supposed to be friends unless they are banging each other. Seriously, end of story. Why the hell is your best friends GF calling YOU? Want to know how many times my best friends GF has called me before!? ZERO.

Also, keep busy. And CUT HER OFF. Dont be friends, and dont call her, erase her number, and forget about her in the sense of wanting to be with her. Find something to focus on that keeps your mind off of her. Me, I lifted weights and played my drums. Thats my stress reliever. Do something productive, and dont do something that you guys did together cause that will just remind you of her. Not only am I a better drummer, but Im in good shape as well. *flex*

Furthermore, man up. I know thats kind of a jerky thing to say, but cmon. The idea of a real man has diminished in todays society. John Wayne is probably rolling over in his grave with all the stuff that "men" today do. Act like this chick doesnt mean anything to you. But you cant just act, you have to believe it. Sometimes you gotta be what others might think to be a "jerk", not calling back, being TOO polite etc... You dont want a girl to walk all over you, thats a sad spectacle to witness, let anone be a victim of. Chicks dig guys with confidence, and you need to be confident. There are a bunch of things you can do to bolster your confidence, but Im not going to list them here.

And I know Im probably going to get flak for it from somebody....but jesus god man dont answer the damn phone when youre on a date!!! I dont care who it is!!! Not even if your grandma fell down the stairs! Whats more important, you going snorklin for clams, or your gradmas hip!?!? :dizzy:
Pictures are overrated anyway.

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:41 pm »
marry her and have her babies.. you will be a happy man  :applaud:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »
In the eternal words of the Godfather of Soul, "hit it and quit". ;)

newman117

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 07:16:36 pm
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:28 pm »

I'll try.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

I'll try.

YES!  We're getting through to him!

Let's all live another single life vicariously through him.  (Or in my case, my first single life.)
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 02:57:57 am »
I would say let's post her pic here, and then we'll help you decide if she's good enough to go thru that
"hit it and quit" strategy...

lol.... ;D
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 11:57:57 am »
My advice, and I really mean this, is stop being a [kitty cat] (the autocensor for this word is too ambiguous).  Women aren't attracted to weakness.  When people tell you to man up and grow a pair it's not to tell you to go through life not caring, it's advice TO HELP YOU GET THE GIRL!!!
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »
A different girl though, cause man, she cries too damn much. Unless she is TOO fine, then ok, put up with it. For a little bit. Or tell her you will give her something to cry about! Not smacking her, idiot, Im talking about the poop shoot! HAHAHAHA!  :laugh2:
Pictures are overrated anyway.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »
A different girl though, cause man, she cries too damn much. Unless she is TOO fine, then ok, put up with it. For a little bit. Or tell her you will give her something to cry about! Not smacking her, idiot, Im talking about the poop shoot! HAHAHAHA!  :laugh2:

Man you're right about the crying part... she cries a lot!   
I would say let's post her pic here, and then we'll help you decide if she's good enough to go thru that

lol.... ;D

I don't think stealing facebook photos of her and posting them here is not allowed... or is it???

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

Man you're right about the crying part... she cries a lot!   

lol.... ;D

I don't think stealing facebook photos of her and posting them here is not allowed... or is it???

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.... kthxbai.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Ed_McCarron

• Nothing worse than Picard issuing the self destruct order and the next thing you know it your apartment blows up.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2022, 02:33:39 pm
  • Get your mind out of the gutter. THIS is a dongle.
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

lol.... ;D

But wasn't it fun to think you won the lottery, just for a second there???

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 04:02:38 pm »
How I met Your Mother!!!!!!! I love that show!!

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10:32 am »
Well I don't think she feels anything for me so yeah she's a ---smurfette---! And you guys are awesome! And well... I guess it's time to actually forget...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:21:15 am by newman117 »