Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to forget someone? Emergency!!!  (Read 8480 times)

newman117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 07:16:36 pm
How to forget someone? Emergency!!!
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »
Hello.Well I know this isn't the forum for that but hell... Ok I've been lurking around this site since March and I love it. Anyway I was building my arcade machine and I met a girl. I got caught up in that and I forgot my build and I forgot everything else! I fell in love with this girl... everything was fine. There was a Guns N' Roses concert coming up and I invited her... it was fine until some :censored: started saying stuff about me and she believed him! He said that I said that she was a very horny girl (yeah... I know) and I told her don't believe the lies people tell but she didn't trust me. Anyways as time went by I told her that I was going to prove my innocence. So school was out and May came and she got a boyfriend and call me a crybaby and all but... yeah I cried alot. So graduation day came and I invited her and we were alone in a porch sitting down and we were looking at each others eyes but didn't kiss cause she told me she had a boyfriend and then she left. So later I called her and she said "Why didn't you kiss me?" I was like confused.She told me she believed me about me being innocent about the rumors that someone was spreading. Later we stopped talking. Then she called me one day and started talking again and she told me she wasn't going to leave her boyfriend cause she loved him very much. Then she called me one day and asked me if I could go with her and spent the day with her. That day I kissed her and she kissed me even though she had a boyfriend. Yeah!!! What an accomplishment!! Sorry hehe... anyways that happened one month ago. After i kissed her she told her boyfriend she needed time to think. And I kept talking to her. Until one day I asked her out and she said yes. So we were eating and one friend(girl) called me and she got very jealous and very mad she even started screaming.She left that place. And when I got home I called her and she told me she knew who I was that I was a liar and that she didn't trust me anymore. Anyway that happened right around June 20th. I haven't talked to her in a long time. And she keeps popping in my head and I really want to forget her. Any help? I know this isn't the forum for whiny guys like me so I'll probably get flamed... please guys be supportive... thanks  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:50:28 pm by newman117 »

jimmy2x2x

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
Re: How to forget someone? Help please don't flame
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:35:51 pm »
Occupy yourself, stay busy - too busy!

Start a project page for your cab on this forum, start discussing your plans, ask for opinions and advice

She will be on your mind for a while, and it doesn't sound like she is coming back to you any time soon.  So stay focused on the important things in your life, have a busy schedule outside of your commitments, the memory will fade in time.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:28:54 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:34:59 am »
I agree with jimmy2x2x keeping busy is good,  I'm sure you'll hear advice from various knobs like "just move on, grow a pair, be a man etc etc, ignore it it's bollocks as advice.

Here's a practical idea that will help you move on. (OND's 3 Step Method to get over the chick ;D)  It worked for me (I won't say how many years ago  :P). 

Step 1.  Admit to yourself honestly she's outta your life for good  DO NOT PROCEED TO STEP 2 UNTIL YOU"VE DONE THIS.

Step 2.  Keep a diary, just a notebook will do, every day write something in it about how you feel.  If you feel miserable and miss her write it down. This diary is for NO ONE but yourself to read so it's OK to pour all your self pity into it.  Here's why IT WORKS, when you feel good about something write it down too, every now and then read through everything from start to finish.  Even after only a few weeks you should be able to see yourself getting over her just by reading your own words. 

Step 3. When the time is right and you have 'moved on' and realised you don't need her, burn the diary. (this step is important and kinda cathartic in it's own right).

You can do it, everyone goes through loss in some way or another.  When you've done it tell someone else how you did it.

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:31:47 am »
hmm it's hard to tell how old ya are, but siince you just finished school I'd assume young since you mention school.

It matters because when you're young every girl you meet seems to be that girl, I had a girl I couldn't forget about and thought about her even as I dated other girls.  But part of what helped me get over it was realizing that it was fine if I thought about her.. I didn't need to stress about that or spend time trying not to think about her (that makes it worse). I would suggest cutting off the contact completely. This girl doesn't seem too good for yah.  If she broke up with you but she was a good person, laid back, nice, fun then I could see why you'd want to keep hanging out to see if things spark up again.  That lust and excitement you can get with other girls, but it's hard to find someone who gets you and doesn't overreact. count your blessing move on.

I agree with the other guys though, but I would add to not play video games. Well, at least not alone.  That'll just give you time to think about her! Social things work best. Exercise, hanging out, going out to play pool, beaches (if any are nearby), call up other girls and just hang out as friends, take some time to clean yourself up (depending on what type of girl you like.. your getting older, getting a better look will get you to meet more girls.  Well that's what my friend told me, but then he started a Spanish rockband and now he's back to wearing jeans and tshirts.  hah!).

This sort of reminds me of my brother.  He dated my sister in law (always a bad idea) and he would do anything for her, she would tell him come over, he would. She would do dumb jokes, he would play along. If I dated someone that was at my beck and call.. i'd lose interest.

but man, she screamed at you for no reason. Imagine if you dated for a while and got serious? How's she going to react when you guys are under real stress?

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 05:15:10 am »
Occupy yourself, stay busy - too busy!

<Sentimental chick movie modus>
Work hard, that'll save you.
Only work will see you through this.

Don't mind him.
he's just a guy who's lost his wife.

What I think we really need is ...
change.

Good idea. Take a few weeks off.
take Jonah fishing.

No, real change.
A new city.

Some place where I don't think
of Maggie at every corner.

Where are you gonna go?

I was thinking about Seattle.
</sentimental chick movie modus>

He has a point though :)

solidteezme

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2014, 08:01:48 am
  • Awesome!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:42:08 am »
She left you once over rumours, and again because another girl called you.

She sounds kinda pathetic.

I have had girlfriends like this before, and trust me they don't change.

The next problem that might occour (speaking from experiance) You find someone else and she will get jelous and want you back then split you up with the next girl, if your find someone else dont even talk to the girl.
╔══╦═╦═╦═╦╦╦═╦═╦═╦╦╗
╚╗╔╣═╣═╬═║╔╣═║╔╣═╣╔╝
─║║║═╣═╣═╣║║║║╚╣═╣║─
─╚╝╚═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩╩═╩═╩╝─

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:10:56 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:19:48 am »

Dunno, I would start by making my first post to an arcade forum a little more relevant, and then go from there...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 07:13:47 am »
First of all, dump the girl. Dont let her dump you. She is a game player and doesnt love you. Your love is being wasted on her.

Second, move on. Finish the cabinet. keep talking to other girls, trust me, you will find one who wants you and not games.

If she pops in your head, walk to bathroom, look in mirror, slap yourself. If this happens again, slap your self harder.

If you show respect for yourself, she will begin to respect you. But dont fall for her tricks again, let her boyfriend have her, you have better things to spend your time on. Dont be mean to her though, cause this aint cool. Be nice to her, but just turn off the love and the interest for her.

Now, on to the arcade cabinet.. what you got in mind man?

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:07 am »
Did I read correctly -- you answered a call from a girl while on a date in a restaurant ?

:whap
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

drventure

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:24 am »

Dunno, I would start by making my first post to an arcade forum a little more relevant, and then go from there...

:laugh2:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:06 am »
Did I read correctly -- you answered a call from a girl while on a date in a restaurant ?

:whap

+1

ummm you cant ever make yourself forget, memories fade in time if you let them. I'd suggest heavy drinking and recreational drugs. Or just go for another chick. You lose your Vcard to her or something? Your post kinda makes you sound like a chick, you never expressly stated that youre a dude, so in my head this is a trajic lesbian high school love gone awry.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

RonnieC312

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2014, 09:27:57 am
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 08:45:14 am »
Sleep with her best friend and/or sister..... 

Thats what I would do i PROMISE you will feel better

:applaud:
NFL BLitz 2K GOLD / NBA Showtime GOLD 3.0, Mortal Kombat 1, Mortal Kombat 3, Neo Geo (4 slot), Lethal Enforcers, GT 99, Time Killers, Midway Classic PS2 stand-up, DreamCast HOD, 32 ' MAME machine, NBA Hangtime, Zombie Revenge, Touch Master

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »
First of all, dump the girl. Dont let her dump you. She is a game player and doesnt love you. Your love is being wasted on her.

Second, move on. Finish the cabinet. keep talking to other girls, trust me, you will find one who wants you and not games.

If she pops in your head, walk to bathroom, look in mirror, slap yourself. If this happens again, slap your self harder.

If you show respect for yourself, she will begin to respect you. But dont fall for her tricks again, let her boyfriend have her, you have better things to spend your time on. Dont be mean to her though, cause this aint cool. Be nice to her, but just turn off the love and the interest for her.

Now, on to the arcade cabinet.. what you got in mind man?

I was building a lusid based cabinet, I have it sitting on my porch. Hahahahahaha wow you guys are cool! Lol no it ain't a lesbian thing... I'm a guy. And yeah I was stupid answering that call while on a date.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:31:40 pm by newman117 »

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »
I think its ok to answer calls on a date, even if the other end is a female friend.
but do make it brief. 
There needs to be some trust in a relationship.
just because I am in a relationship, does not mean that from now on, all my friends are male.

as for how to forget someone... I guess there's no easy way.  let time do its work.

but keep yourself busy is a good idea.
I prefer doing something that makes u feel good / success...

it could be concentrate on work, and get better pay / more $$ / promotion...

building a cab or some other hobby projects..

another thing I like to do when I have time is self-improvement.
it could be learn some new skills...
or listen to some motivation speeches...
or pick a sport and get decent with it...
get to know some new friends...

its life that there's bound to be some up time, and some down time...
just remember to keep your head up, and get thru it...
live your life, and be better than before...

Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 03:50:41 pm »
I think its ok to answer calls on a date, even if the other end is a female friend. but do make it brief. 

Actually, it's rather rude to answer the phone in a restaurant and really rude to answer the phone on a date.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 03:54:26 pm »
I think its ok to answer calls on a date, even if the other end is a female friend. but do make it brief. 

Actually, it's rather rude to answer the phone in a restaurant and really rude to answer the phone on a date.

Yeah but isn't it rather rude NOT to answer the phone?

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »
No -- that's why God invented VoiceMail.

I miss the days when few people had cellphones and, because we were a minority, were more conscious of our manners.

hyiu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »
I guess it depends on the situation...

when you're in the middle of a show / movie / meal...
or when you're in the middle of something "intense"... lol..
of course leave it...

but normally, I don't think its rude.
just tell her "excuse  me", and briefly answer the phone.
sometimes, its something important...

but then of course, if on every date, you are interrupted by like 20 calls...
then forget it...
I'm talking about just once in a while...

in general, just be considerate....

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 05:05:45 pm »
I'm one rude MF, because I answer my cell about 10% of the time.

Obviously this cat is pretty young. I quit giving a ---fudgesicle--- around 25. Then got married and had a couple of kids...now I'm really indifferent. I'll probably start caring about what chicks think in about 10 years when my daughter is a teenager. Until then, I'll sit back and enjoy the non-drama.
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

CCM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2020, 10:08:27 am
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »

+100000000

If your on a date, especially with a new or newer girl, don't be a dipshit and answer the phone.  How important do you think you are?  Turn your phone off for a few hours while you are on the the date!!  Sheesh...  and don't even get me started about the --bags of cream-filled twinkies-- that answer their phones at the movies!

I I'll probably start caring about what chicks think in about 10 years when my daughter is a teenager. Until then, I'll sit back and enjoy the non-drama.

More accurately you will be caring about what the dudes that want to date your daughter are thinking.

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 07:16:16 pm »

+100000000

If your on a date, especially with a new or newer girl, don't be a dipshit and answer the phone.  How important do you think you are?  Turn your phone off for a few hours while you are on the the date!!  Sheesh...  and don't even get me started about the --bags of cream-filled twinkies-- that answer their phones at the movies!

+100000001  I missed the bit about the phone from the OP.  Sheesh  ::)

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 07:27:15 pm »
Yeah, but she freaked out because he got a call.
I'll give you that it aint nice to interrupt the date by taking a phone call, but.. she has dated another guy when this guy thought he had a chance, and she freaked out from the phone call and made a scene, which tells me the young lady has problems, or she might just be practicing the art of bee-atching

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 07:37:00 pm »
I'll give you that it aint nice to interrupt the date by taking a phone call, but.. she has dated another guy when this guy thought he had a chance, and she freaked out from the phone call and made a scene, which tells me the young lady has problems, or she might just be practicing the art of bee-atching

Now that's a guy who gets it! Thank you man!!  She made one hell of a scene too! There were other people eating and she started screaming and I tried calming but that worked a lil bit till she called her parents and left...

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 07:43:23 pm »
Been there man.. (They dont call me DaOld Man for nothing).
Move on, there are thousands of fish in the sea..
You will get over her, and someday you will laugh and wonder how you ever fell for this girl who is now an uppity old fat Bee-Atch.
(Trust me, the last hyphenated word is the only thing that dont change on the ones who are cursed by this disposition.)
But be nice about it!

Now, on to the arcade... got any pictures?

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:38 pm »
Been there man.. (They dont call me DaOld Man for nothing).
You will get over her, and someday you will laugh and wonder how you ever fell for this girl who is now an uppity old fat Bee-Atch.
(Trust me, the last hyphenated word is the only thing that dont change on the ones who are cursed by this disposition.)
But be nice about it!

Now, on to the arcade... got any pictures?

Thanks! And that's a yes on the pics... I finally layed a hand today on the cab it was sitting there on the porch gathering dust and mold. The base got damaged a little bit and the cab doesn't seem to have stability cause it shakes a little... lemme see if I can get some pics now

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »

...yeah but who wants a fish?, sorry I couldn't resist,  I used to say that years ago when people tossed me that.  Fine, so the phone call revealed her true nature
I still think 101 on how to make a better impression, (which BTW = getting the girl for those of you who don't get it) includes "make the girl you are with at THAT moment the focus of your attention".  I'd even say to her "I'm going to turn this off now so no one will interupt us"

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 09:50:30 pm »
So school was out and May came and she got a boyfriend and call me a crybaby and all but... yeah I cried alot.
You know, a lot of people, both men and women have a hard time admitting this. I commend you for having the courage in doing so, that takes guts  :applaud:

So graduation day came and I invited her and we were alone in a porch sitting down and we were looking at each others eyes but didn't kiss cause she told me she had a boyfriend and then she left. So later I called her and she said "Why didn't you kiss me?" I was like confused.
Right there, that should have been a sign to hit the eject button. Seriously man, as you grow older you'll find that the women who are the least-crazy are the ones that are keepers. The rest are just drama-filled wastes of time. Every woman you meet is nuts, it's their nature. They're emotional, irrational and  rely on us to be their rock. It's not sexist, it's just social-science.
You just gotta find the girl that is the least crazy out of the bunch, the one who carries the least amount of drama with her. Those are the good ones.

She told me she believed me about me being innocent about the rumors that someone was spreading. Later we stopped talking. Then she called me one day and started talking again and she told me she wasn't going to leave her boyfriend cause she loved him very much. Then she called me one day and asked me if I could go with her and spent the day with her. That day I kissed her and she kissed me even though she had a boyfriend. Yeah!!! What an accomplishment!! Sorry hehe...
What are you thinking man?!  Never "cut another man's grass", that's just going to lead to trouble.  What if her bf is the jealous nut-case type? If this was a girl you wanted to "be with" for a while, do you really want to tell people the story that you "stole" her from another guy, completely clueless that she intended on betraying him? I'm sorry, but that's ---meecrob----bag territory. Don't be so proud of yourself for this, it is definitely not an accomplishment.

anyways that happened one month ago. After i kissed her she told her boyfriend she needed time to think. And I kept talking to her. Until one day I asked her out and she said yes. So we were eating and one friend(girl) called me and she got very jealous and very mad she even started screaming.She left that place. And when I got home I called her and she told me she knew who I was that I was a liar and that she didn't trust me anymore. Anyway that happened right around June 20th. I haven't talked to her in a long time. And she keeps popping in my head and I really want to forget her. Any help? I know this isn't the forum for whiny guys like me so I'll probably get flamed... please guys be supportive... thanks 
- Keep busy like the others say.  That's what men do...we distract ourselves from the drama/emotional responses with some good ol' fashioned hard work. That's old-school. It's therapeutic, as well as productive!
- Surround yourself with stuff that you enjoy, do things you can "complete" (an arcade cabinet is a good one). This'll help keep you concentrated on something, as well as build your self-confidence. Men need more accomplishments to help us feel secure with ourselves. It sounds to me that you could use more confidence if you're still hung-up on this one chick...there are better girls out there...

It's like I always say, "be a shotgun, not a sniper rifle". You know what I mean right?  I shotgun spreads, hitting multiple targets. A sniper rifle concentrates on one target at a time. Date a bunch, get a comparative view of the catalog...don't get hung up on one target!

- Don't completely fill your head worrying about girls/sex. That'll come naturally if you let it. Concentrate on yourself, figure out who you are, what you want. I mean, you just graduated...you have so much time, and so much experiences coming your way. Do you really want to waste all your efforts on chicks?
- Lay off the pot/alcohol...this feels great temporarily, but it doesn't help you in the long run. It'll also alienate you from the world, which is the opposite of what you need...you don't wanna be in that head-space, believe me. Don't lock yourself away, drowning yourself in a bottle, or smoking yourself dumb...get out there! Which brings me to my next point:
- Go on a trip!  Even if it's to another city, or the next state (I'm assuming you're American)...just get away, get a change of scenery, even if it's just for a weekend. Going away really gives you perspective on things, and shows you how small everything really is.

I hope this helps in anyway.
Good luck.

hyiu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 11:26:25 pm »

in real life, I don't turn off my phone when I'm dating my gf...

I do put it on silence / vibrate when I'm in a show / movie / dinner / ... etc.
and will check msg promptly afterwards.

but when I'm just spending time with her, but not anything too important, and the phone rings (which happens just sometimes... not often at all...)  I will answer if its a close friend / family / work...

it is to show her that I do have a life.... but I will not just leave her and chit/chat away...
I will make it brief...
to me, this is important... it is to show that:
- as much as she is important, we both have a life, and can have our own friends.
- I'm not hiding things / people from her... I think that shows some level of trust.
- in a minor way, it also shows that I have a life, and she is not the one and only thing in my life, which give me leverage, makes me a little more "attractive"...

if you turn off your phone when you are with your girl friend...
so one day you married her, are you going to turn off your phone whenever you are with her ??
if you do, then you'll be shutting off communications most of your time...
if not, does that mean she's no longer important to you ??
that's a lose / lose situation I don't want to start....

girls are naturally better in these things...
it took me a long time to get a slight understanding of it...
you don't really want to give them any excuses to start any drama....
or they will make it bigger and bigger each time... rip you apart, and b!tch u around....

as I said before, it depends on the situation...
but be true to yourself...
and let me put it this way... when I'm with her...
if her phone rings, I have no trouble letting her answer the phone, and let her take care of her business...

I myself use this policy.... (if she does to me what I do to her.... how would I feel ??)
if I'm ok with it, then in general, its a go ahead...
(of course, guys and girls are never really the same...)
so, at times, us guys needs to be a gentleman... and give some leeway...

but if you treat your girl too nice and bending over backwards in the very beginning, she will think this is normal, and for the rest of your life, you'll be bending over backward for her...
(I did that once, and will never do it again...)

you need to show your confidence, and be the alpha male that leads her...
(of course... within reasons, not in any way of abuse...)
if you do it right, she will gladly follow ur lead...

CCM

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 11:39:32 pm »

but when I'm just spending time with her, but not anything too important, and the phone rings (which happens just sometimes... not often at all...)  I will answer if its a close friend / family / work...

it is to show her that I do have a life.... but I will not just leave her and chit/chat away...
I will make it brief...
to me, this is important... it is to show that:
- as much as she is important, we both have a life, and can have our own friends.
- I'm not hiding things / people from her... I think that shows some level of trust.
- in a minor way, it also shows that I have a life, and she is not the one and only thing in my life, which give me leverage, makes me a little more "attractive"...

if you turn off your phone when you are with your girl friend...
so one day you married her, are you going to turn off your phone whenever you are with her ??
if you do, then you'll be shutting off communications most of your time...
if not, does that mean she's no longer important to you ??
that's a lose / lose situation I don't want to start....

girls are naturally better in these things...
it took me a long time to get a slight understanding of it...
you don't really want to give them any excuses to start any drama....
or they will make it bigger and bigger each time... rip you apart, and b!tch u around....

as I said before, it depends on the situation...
but be true to yourself...
and let me put it this way... when I'm with her...
if her phone rings, I have no trouble letting her answer the phone, and let her take care of her business...

I myself use this policy.... (if she does to me what I do to her.... how would I feel ??)
if I'm ok with it, then in general, its a go ahead...
(of course, guys and girls are never really the same...)
so, at times, us guys needs to be a gentleman... and give some leeway...

but if you treat your girl too nice and bending over backwards in the very beginning, she will think this is normal, and for the rest of your life, you'll be bending over backward for her...
(I did that once, and will never do it again...)

you need to show your confidence, and be the alpha male that leads her...
(of course... within reasons, not in any way of abuse...)
if you do it right, she will gladly follow ur lead...

How did any man be the alpha male before cell phones...  :dizzy:

For the OP... the girl sounds like way to much trouble.  You are young, move on to someone else.  If she is this much trouble already, she ain't gonna get better!

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 12:01:28 am »
I'm not quoting all that last lot from hyiu, it takes up too much space and kind of misses the point I was making anyway *sigh*

Common sense and emotional intelligence can take some learning.  I don't need an I-phone to be the alpha male  :lol or to show that I have a life and yeah when I was dating mobiles/cell phones  didn't exist - what bliss  ;D .

Just so you know I'm a happily married man of nearly 20 years (next year) plenty of GFs before that.  and mobile phones..... ;D my business is IT & Telecommunications it's one of my most frequently used tools in my work, in my social life it has it's uses.  How about this then, can we agree that there are certain times  when you might favour the romantic notion that ignoring your phone might win some useful points on a date?  Is that too extreme?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:04:13 am by Ond »

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 12:23:22 am »
?
"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

hyiu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 12:47:59 am »
that I completely agree...

as I said before...
there are times when I do put my phone away...
I'll just check my msgs promptly afterwards...

I think the point I want to make is...
don't get into a habit of "worshipping" her and bend over backwards and treat her like a queen...
cos she will catch up really quick and you'll have to keep topping yourself....

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:57:32 am by hyiu »

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 01:26:18 am »
that I completely agree...

Cool, while I was typing this reply my wife rang my cell phone and asked me to call her back to spare her the call charge - which I did.  The irony of this re: this thread does not escape me  :laugh2:

I'm going to go play my guitar now (badly).

Edwards80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2011, 08:44:26 am
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 03:52:01 am »

But seriously. Just relax and and give it time. I just recently got married and cringe about how much effort was spent on the opposite sex growing up. I was once dumped because I got a haircut. . sounds like you had a similar lucky escape here :)
Hey Dudes thanks, for rescuing me, lets go for a burger.... HA! HA! HA! HA!

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 04:03:48 am »
hmmm.. they hav a point, you should have waited to call back that friend later.  BUT, still.. she's acted weird in other instances.   Seriously, I've had situations where girls keep dumbing me then wanted to get back together, open relationships, you're more like a friend, eww no!, etc.. etc..

When you act like you don't care when they try to do some drastic break up thing  (i.e. if they say they see you more as a friend) they'll wonder if they are making a mistake and come back.. for some reason.  NOt always, but works better than "I'm sorry i'll change come on we're good together". 

Best thing you can do is ask a friend  what they think of you dating that girl, a girl or a guy... they probably can see things in her (or how you two get along) that you're too blinded to see (damn you lust! and or love!)

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 09:57:51 am »

I can vouch for this and yes you are one rude MF.

On topic though, here is my equation for girls/women: 

Young crazy girl + X years of aging/maturity = Crazy older woman.

Point is women dont change over time, if their nutso now they'll be nutso as they age.   

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 11:30:33 am »

ding ding ding... winner

Unless the phone call is work related, I wouldn't answer it. By answering the phone you are basically letting your date know they don't mean ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- to you. Let voice mail get it, call them when it is more convenient.

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 11:48:09 am »
So reading this over, I am quite impressed by you guys! Not that I thought you were all a bunch of jackasses, but there's some solid advice here!

So OP, I might've missed it, but sounds like you're a younger guy, probably around my age. I'm moving to college in about 3 weeks. 2.5 hours from home. My girlfriend is moving to southern Kentucky (I'm in Illinois) about 6 to 7 hours from home. ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- sucks breaking up, but at least is sounds like you have a solid break. Theres animosity involved showing a clear end. Sure you have lingering feelings, but those will subside. I'm not trying to detract from your situation, just wanting to throw a currently happening scenario in:
 With the moving and all, my girl and I are splitting up simply due to distance. Its kind of a strange feeling knowing we still care for each other very deeply, yet we know a long distance relationship at our ages isn't conducive to a truly happy relationship. We have no clean break here. I don't know what I will do if (or when, more likely) I find out she found a new man. Not that I don't trust her, but if we're breaking its only logical that she will move on to someone else. I can't see myself dating or even looking at another girl the way I look at her any time in the foreseeable future, but I suppose the same logic applies to myself.

So I talk to my brother about this, he's 25, he has a lot more life experience than I do. Like many of these fellows are saying, DISTANCE. While I know it will be hard, sheer distance will make it easier. If you can distance yourself and find something to occupy yourself (in my case, college and pinball if i can ever make it to CP), you'll be set.
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »

I can vouch for this and yes you are one rude MF.

On topic though, here is my equation for girls/women: 

Young crazy girl + X years of aging/maturity = Crazy older woman.

Point is women dont change over time, if their nutso now they'll be nutso as they age.   

same goes for guys, something that we haven't talked about. Once an ---uvula--- always an ---uvula---...

actually I've met people from highschool years later who did change. 

RonnieC312

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2014, 09:27:57 am
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »
have you called her sister and/or bestfriend yet?????

NFL BLitz 2K GOLD / NBA Showtime GOLD 3.0, Mortal Kombat 1, Mortal Kombat 3, Neo Geo (4 slot), Lethal Enforcers, GT 99, Time Killers, Midway Classic PS2 stand-up, DreamCast HOD, 32 ' MAME machine, NBA Hangtime, Zombie Revenge, Touch Master

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
have you called her sister and/or bestfriend yet?????

Hahahahaha! Her sister is 10 yrs old... her best friend is her ugly and very fat cousin. I talked to her once, she has a stupid attitude (what girl doesn't?) and she's ugly as hell!

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »
she has a stupid attitude (what girl doesn't?)

You are far too young to be so jaded, so do what Frankie says and Relax!

As I have said too many times here -- asking a bunch of arcade nerds for advice about women is kinda bizarre, as evidenced by the assorted bitching about SOs and their thoughts about this hobby.

And stop answering the phone while on dates! Would you answer your phone during a business meeting ? Well, dates are much more intimate than a business meeting.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 03:29:21 pm »
she has a stupid attitude (what girl doesn't?)

You are far too young to be so jaded, so do what Frankie says and Relax!

As I have said too many times here -- asking a bunch of arcade nerds for advice about women is kinda bizarre, as evidenced by the assorted bitching about SOs and their thoughts about this hobby.

And stop answering the phone while on dates! Would you answer your phone during a business meeting ? Well, dates are much more intimate than a business meeting.

Dude... relax. I don't get why you're so frustrated. I WON'T answer the phone on a date again. There. And I wasn't asking advice about women... I was asking for tips on how to FORGET someone.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 03:37:37 pm »
She's a raging ---smurfette---. You don't forget her. You move on and remind yourself how lucky you are not to be under the thumb of a crazy wacko.

The easiest way to move on? Get some action from another girl.
NO MORE!!

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 03:58:42 pm »
And I wasn't asking advice about women... I was asking for tips on how to FORGET someone.

Sorry ... I was responding to your obvious and desperate need for the former, which would hopefully help you avoid the ridiculous situation that you got yourself into and then chose to unload here.

;D

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »
1. get into drug and drinking  :applaud:

2. hit your head a lot

Traumatic brain injury: Depending on what part of the brain has been affected, the ability to remember tastes, smells, appearances, or sounds may be affected. A head injury that causes swelling in the brain reduces the brain's ability to process incoming information. Additionally, once such incoming information is processed and stored in the appropriate area of the brain, the brain may have difficulty retrieving the information when needed. If you suffer from traumatic injury to the head and forget where you had been or what you had been doing for a few days before the accident, you suffer from retrograde amnesia.

3. get old, long term memory worsens as you age.. the older you are the worse your long term memory

(release of liability clause: please don't actually do these things.. stay young, don't hit your head, and say no to drugs).

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:29 pm »
1. get into drug and drinking  :applaud:

2. hit your head a lot

Traumatic brain injury: Depending on what part of the brain has been affected, the ability to remember tastes, smells, appearances, or sounds may be affected. A head injury that causes swelling in the brain reduces the brain's ability to process incoming information. Additionally, once such incoming information is processed and stored in the appropriate area of the brain, the brain may have difficulty retrieving the information when needed. If you suffer from traumatic injury to the head and forget where you had been or what you had been doing for a few days before the accident, you suffer from retrograde amnesia.

3. get old, long term memory worsens as you age.. the older you are the worse your long term memory

(release of liability clause: please don't actually do these things.. stay young, don't hit your head, and say no to drugs).

:laugh2:  :lol Nice!!!

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:01 pm »
Frankly, both of you need to mature.  Alot.  She's just plain loony.  And you weren't smart enough to realize she was loony the entire time.  From the obscenely mixed signals on the porch to the fruitcake display on the date.

Time and experience is the only thing you can count on to forget this.
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2010, 08:24:05 pm »
wait, is she hot? like super hot? maybe that's why..

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2010, 08:59:22 pm »
And I wasn't asking advice about women... I was asking for tips on how to FORGET someone.

Sorry ... I was responding to your obvious and desperate need for the former, which would hopefully help you avoid the ridiculous situation that you got yourself into and then chose to unload here.

;D

:lol  Microfont, it has its uses

actually back in this thread when someone mentioned pics and I wasn't paying attention, I thought they were talking about the girl.  Can we now take this thread in the direction it deserves  :pics :pics :pics

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2010, 10:04:57 pm »

;D

:lol  Microfont, it has its uses

actually back in this thread when someone mentioned pics and I wasn't paying attention, I thought they were talking about the girl.  Can we now take this thread in the direction it deserves  :pics :pics :pics

:laugh2: Yeah she was hot. I think I was just love blind, you know? I didn't listen to anyone else. Seeing all the things she did, wow she really was crazy!

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »

Now that's a guy who gets it! Thank you man!!  She made one hell of a scene too! There were other people eating and she started screaming and I tried calming but that worked a lil bit till she called her parents and left...

Ok, on a serious note. If that's what she is like, you are definitely better off moving on. Everyone here will tell you that once you  meet another girl, you won't even think about this one. Until then you'll half be thinking 'but she's the one, she's perfect. etc'. I know I did. I was heartbroken for months.

Oh, and I missed that bit about you answering your mobile phone on the date. Are you a doctor on call? NO?

then  :whap

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »

If you check your messages during a movie, then

:whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap :whap
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:15:33 pm by danny_galaga »

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »
So school was out and May came and she got a boyfriend and call me a crybaby and all but... yeah I cried alot.
You know, a lot of people, both men and women have a hard time admitting this. I commend you for having the courage in doing so, that takes guts  :applaud:

So graduation day came and I invited her and we were alone in a porch sitting down and we were looking at each others eyes but didn't kiss cause she told me she had a boyfriend and then she left. So later I called her and she said "Why didn't you kiss me?" I was like confused.
Right there, that should have been a sign to hit the eject button. Seriously man, as you grow older you'll find that the women who are the least-crazy are the ones that are keepers. The rest are just drama-filled wastes of time. Every woman you meet is nuts, it's their nature. They're emotional, irrational and  rely on us to be their rock. It's not sexist, it's just social-science.
You just gotta find the girl that is the least crazy out of the bunch, the one who carries the least amount of drama with her. Those are the good ones.

She told me she believed me about me being innocent about the rumors that someone was spreading. Later we stopped talking. Then she called me one day and started talking again and she told me she wasn't going to leave her boyfriend cause she loved him very much. Then she called me one day and asked me if I could go with her and spent the day with her. That day I kissed her and she kissed me even though she had a boyfriend. Yeah!!! What an accomplishment!! Sorry hehe...
What are you thinking man?!  Never "cut another man's grass", that's just going to lead to trouble.  What if her bf is the jealous nut-case type? If this was a girl you wanted to "be with" for a while, do you really want to tell people the story that you "stole" her from another guy, completely clueless that she intended on betraying him? I'm sorry, but that's ---meecrob----bag territory. Don't be so proud of yourself for this, it is definitely not an accomplishment.

anyways that happened one month ago. After i kissed her she told her boyfriend she needed time to think. And I kept talking to her. Until one day I asked her out and she said yes. So we were eating and one friend(girl) called me and she got very jealous and very mad she even started screaming.She left that place. And when I got home I called her and she told me she knew who I was that I was a liar and that she didn't trust me anymore. Anyway that happened right around June 20th. I haven't talked to her in a long time. And she keeps popping in my head and I really want to forget her. Any help? I know this isn't the forum for whiny guys like me so I'll probably get flamed... please guys be supportive... thanks 
- Keep busy like the others say.  That's what men do...we distract ourselves from the drama/emotional responses with some good ol' fashioned hard work. That's old-school. It's therapeutic, as well as productive!
- Surround yourself with stuff that you enjoy, do things you can "complete" (an arcade cabinet is a good one). This'll help keep you concentrated on something, as well as build your self-confidence. Men need more accomplishments to help us feel secure with ourselves. It sounds to me that you could use more confidence if you're still hung-up on this one chick...there are better girls out there...

It's like I always say, "be a shotgun, not a sniper rifle". You know what I mean right?  I shotgun spreads, hitting multiple targets. A sniper rifle concentrates on one target at a time. Date a bunch, get a comparative view of the catalog...don't get hung up on one target!

- Don't completely fill your head worrying about girls/sex. That'll come naturally if you let it. Concentrate on yourself, figure out who you are, what you want. I mean, you just graduated...you have so much time, and so much experiences coming your way. Do you really want to waste all your efforts on chicks?
- Lay off the pot/alcohol...this feels great temporarily, but it doesn't help you in the long run. It'll also alienate you from the world, which is the opposite of what you need...you don't wanna be in that head-space, believe me. Don't lock yourself away, drowning yourself in a bottle, or smoking yourself dumb...get out there! Which brings me to my next point:
- Go on a trip!  Even if it's to another city, or the next state (I'm assuming you're American)...just get away, get a change of scenery, even if it's just for a weekend. Going away really gives you perspective on things, and shows you how small everything really is.

I hope this helps in anyway.
Good luck.

Hahahaha her boyfriend wasn't the jealous type... he actually was dumb. I feel sorry for the guy really. Before i went on a date with her, he called her and asked her: "Hey what are you doing tomorrow?" And she told him "Gonna spend the day with Kevin(me)..." And he hung up. 1 week later after the date, she dumped him. I feel pretty sorry for him. Wow just thinking about it... dang this life is hard.

HanoiBoi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2016, 09:52:03 pm
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2010, 11:11:38 pm »
Newman,

First, be truthful to yourself...is there any truth to the 'rumors' that she heard early on?  Is this girl who called anything more than a friend, or better yet do you have feelings for this friend?  If you do, girls can tell.

If there's not even a smidge of truth to the rumors and the friend is truly only that and you really, really like this girl then you need to work on her.  Don't worry about the right thing or the wrong thing to say to 'get the girl', just be truthful and honest with her.  (Don't do it in a letter, email or text)

Don't think she's as crazy as some people have deduced.  She may have heard other rumors that she's trying to process.  Good chance she's battling with what she hears versus what she feels.  If what she's heard is true, she'll feel like the biggest fool for giving you a shot.  If it's not and she doesn't give you a shot, she could regret it.  My guess is that's her dilemma. 

Put your heart on the line if you think she's worth it.  If you truly believe she's the one, pursue it with truth.  You've got nothing to lose.  If she doesn't want to give it a try, wish her the best and move along.

And yes, I am speaking from experience.  I heard rumors about a girl that I had started dating.  At first I was very standoffish around her and I felt hurt and betrayed.  Eventually, I confronted her with what I had heard, with details, and we discussed it in depth.  We got to the bottom of it and what it came down to was jealous people saying hurtful things.  If we had never talked it out, who knows how things would have turned out.  I've been with that girl for 20 years now.

Best of luck to you.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2010, 01:08:45 am »
Newman,

First, be truthful to yourself...is there any truth to the 'rumors' that she heard early on?  Is this girl who called anything more than a friend, or better yet do you have feelings for this friend?  If you do, girls can tell.

If there's not even a smidge of truth to the rumors and the friend is truly only that and you really, really like this girl then you need to work on her.  Don't worry about the right thing or the wrong thing to say to 'get the girl', just be truthful and honest with her.  (Don't do it in a letter, email or text)

Don't think she's as crazy as some people have deduced.  She may have heard other rumors that she's trying to process.  Good chance she's battling with what she hears versus what she feels.  If what she's heard is true, she'll feel like the biggest fool for giving you a shot.  If it's not and she doesn't give you a shot, she could regret it.  My guess is that's her dilemma. 

Put your heart on the line if you think she's worth it.  If you truly believe she's the one, pursue it with truth.  You've got nothing to lose.  If she doesn't want to give it a try, wish her the best and move along.

And yes, I am speaking from experience.  I heard rumors about a girl that I had started dating.  At first I was very standoffish around her and I felt hurt and betrayed.  Eventually, I confronted her with what I had heard, with details, and we discussed it in depth.  We got to the bottom of it and what it came down to was jealous people saying hurtful things.  If we had never talked it out, who knows how things would have turned out.  I've been with that girl for 20 years now.

Best of luck to you.

There isn't a single truth to the rumors she heard. And no, the girl who called is my best friend's girlfriend I tried to explain that to her but she didn't listen. She told me that when she heard the rumors, she cried a LOT. And I told her that it was just lies, that there were people that just wanted to hurt. I spent 1 month confronting her and after that she said that she believed me. But after the date, she kinda changed her mind about everything, making quick decisions. I called her after the date and she said to me:"I know who you really are, you're a liar, you're one of the most negative friends I have, you're nothing, etc." I didn't insult her or anything but that's good cause I think at some point she will feel really bad about the things she said. Whoa! Didn't mean to reminisce folks. Anyways I think she found someone who can put up to her craziness cause getting screamed at in a freaking restaurant while other people are eating is not a happy memory.

Funnel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 09:26:45 am
  • Made ya think, didn't I?
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 05:41:25 pm »
Wow this sounds like quite the story. We all experience something like this in life man. Its one of those things you have to move on.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:46:43 pm
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »
If you were really in love with her you will never forget her - you will just think about her less as time goes on.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 06:21:47 pm »
If you were really in love with her you will never forget her - you will just think about her less as time goes on.

For the short amount of time he was with her, it shouldn't have evolved into the deep feelings of love.

In the future, if the opportunity arises...

hit it then quit it. >:D

newman117

• Offline Offline
Re: How to forget someone? Emergency!!!
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2010, 11:55:51 pm »
Yeah emergency! She said to my friends that she wanted to talk to me about 2 days ago. Then I left my house for a weekend to stay over at my friend's house, then when I came back today my brother tells me she talked to him that she wanted to talk to me, so I talked to her and she cried a lot... she said that she missed me and told me she thought that she would never hear my voice again... and started crying again. She told me that she was having a very hard time without me... anyways she said that she'll call me in about 50 minutes. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:57:52 pm by newman117 »

RoyalScam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2018, 05:18:41 pm
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:47 am »
Run, but that's only me.  I was once with a girl for a very short time, perhaps three weeks, and went through many of the same games you describe.  I would get random phone calls at all hours demanding where I was, she called my house phone that should've been obvious. After a great loss of sleep and multiple calls at work, I'd had enough. Just by luck, she had called me from a nearby convenience store ,at 3 a.m., and threatened suicide if I didn't come be with her right at this moment.  A local policeman happened to be there and heard her ranting.  He picked up the phone and explained if I didn't come get her, he'd have to take her in for a Baker Act.  In Florida that's a 3 day or so psych evaluation to see if a person is a harm to themselves or others. I told him do what you have to do, and hung up. I never got another call from her again.  About six months later, I saw her with a very stressed looking young man, and she was looking very pregnant. Horrible way to end a relationship, felt even worse for the hang-up, but I just couldn't take it any longer.

Regards,
Scam

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2010, 01:02:21 am »
Run

+1
I'm having flashbacks to a prior pyscho GF.

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2010, 04:40:08 am »
Isn't it funny how when we were in those situations we went along with it for a while.. not realizing how crazy the girl was. RoyalScam seems to have done the wisest thing at that moment.

Seriously Newman, you ask for advice then you keep thinking about it when everyone is giving you the same advice, and even you know what the decision is..

That guy that was described earlier, a young stressed guy walking next to the pregnant psycho girl, That's going to be you

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:49 am »
Newman, now is the time to take my advice.
Walk to mirror, slap yourself.
Then go work on your arcade, even if it's just getting the software together or designing the artwork.
And to keep from being distracted, turn your phone off.

solidteezme

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome!
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:42 am »
You tell him Da old man!

You dont want to be that ---Bad words, bad words, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when saint censors you?----whipped ---meecrob--- nobody likes because everyone thinks your girlfriend is a psycho!

╔══╦═╦═╦═╦╦╦═╦═╦═╦╦╗
╚╗╔╣═╣═╬═║╔╣═║╔╣═╣╔╝
─║║║═╣═╣═╣║║║║╚╣═╣║─
─╚╝╚═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩╩═╩═╩╝─

solidteezme

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome!
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:20 am »
Remember the videos of girlfriends smashing xboxs on youtube? She's gonna be one of them.
╔══╦═╦═╦═╦╦╦═╦═╦═╦╦╗
╚╗╔╣═╣═╬═║╔╣═║╔╣═╣╔╝
─║║║═╣═╣═╣║║║║╚╣═╣║─
─╚╝╚═╩═╩═╩╝╚╩╩═╩═╩╝─

CCM

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2010, 09:18:21 am »
If you go back to her, you deserve everything you get.   And I, for one, don't want to see you on here whining the next time she flips out and does something crazy.    :angry:

Edwards80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2011, 08:44:26 am
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2010, 10:00:20 am »
After you have slapped yourself, come to your senses and done your cab, if you are desperately craving a bit of knicker, just boot up Double Dragon and watch the intro.
Hey Dudes thanks, for rescuing me, lets go for a burger.... HA! HA! HA! HA!

hyiu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 10:07:59 am »
RUN !!!!!! and don't look back....

you know what to do, and just need confirmation, right ??
So here it is....

avoid her at all costs !!!....
clear now ?

dafelandry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2012, 12:08:40 pm
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 11:51:52 am »
I am going through a very similar but more :censored: situation... basically i went to france (im from canada) and i brought the misses with me (of 3 and a half years) and we went to a metal festival (Hellfest where at one point "Slash" was playing) and all was fine i treated her like my queen! Louis Vuiton, 4 star hotel, designer shoes blah blah blah and we were happy and such... soo happy that i took her to the Eiffel tower and proposed to her and totally got a yes!!! I was TOO stoked my life was beautiful she was with LITERALLY the girl of my dreams and such... then as we were going home she like pulled a 360... i was being avoided and such and basically we are completely broke up... its hard to eat/sleep and w/e..... i never drink and i find myself (recently including today) hung over constantly and iv probably smoked $800 worth of pot in the last 5 weeks... she calls me everyday and tries to hang out and such but i have no idea of what she wants and such... mind f--kery at its finest!! I really do feel for you and i know it feels like the shittiest thing in the world but STAY BUSY!!!

I baught recording software/hardware, a bass guitar, half stack for guitar.... all this to get my mind off her!!

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 05:13:35 pm »
I know I'm really stupid and all guys but... one question. Does she still feel anything for me? She said to me yesterday after i talked to her for the first time in about a month she started crying and she said: " I really missed you... I thought I could never hear your voice again. I cried almost everyday in July thinking about you... i was in my grandma's FJ Cruiser when I saw you sitting there in front of the school coffee shop, my heart started beating so fast I started to cry.When I listened to the music that reminded me of you I started to cry" So guys... Does she still feel anything for me?

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 05:21:58 pm »
Does she still feel anything for me?
Irrelevant.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2010, 05:26:42 pm »

RayB

• Offline Offline
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:14 pm »
Does she still feel anything for me?
Irrelevant.

What do you mean?
IT MEANS IT DOESNT MATTER.   
Think about another kind of relationship: THe battered wife. Husband beats her up every week but then apologizes and says he loves her. DOES IT MATTER THAT HE LOVES HER? NO! She should leave and find a better man for herself.

Same thing with you buddy. Don't be pathetic. Go find someone else and don't let her psycho-torture you. Cut her off completely.
NO MORE!!

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »
Burn the bridge, make it impossible to go back!

Tell her there is something really important you need to tell her.

Once you have her attention, make something up that would repulse her

I slept with you mother, I slept with John from the cafe, I am sexually attracted to dogs

or something similar.

massive88

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 02:21:01 pm
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2010, 05:53:19 pm »
This chick is not worth your time and effort.  Its tough to see how crazy some people are when you are close, get some distance and you will see what a good choice it is to leave.

Get out meeting people as soon as your ready is my advice.  The quickest way to get over someone is to realize how much better other people are, and with this chicks antics, it shouldn't take long.

I don't know how old you are (guessing high school), or what it is you do, but go out and do it.  Working at home on a cab is fine, but if you want to forget someone, meet new people.  Brain can only maintain so many relationships with people anyway.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »
I slept with you mother, I slept with John from the cafe, I am sexually attracted to dogs

Considering he's still in school, I'd stay away from 2 and 3, else he'd be living with that for the rest of his school life and beyond.

1 probably would be more than acceptable.  Should get you some popular points.  Unless she ugly. 

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:25 pm »

Considering he's still in school, I'd stay away from 2 and 3, else he'd be living with that for the rest of his school life and beyond.

1 probably would be more than acceptable.  Should get you some popular points.  Unless she ugly. 
Or just say you don't want to be with someone who has trust issues and believes any rumors going around.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2010, 01:17:23 am »
I'm going to see her tomorrow guys... I know I'm an idiot for not hearing any of you guys out. You guys have said some very good advice, you're more than just arcade nerds!!! Some of you are very supportive while others hmmm... well I'm going to see her tomorrow, talk to her in person. I really don't know why all of this is happening... It's been going on and off since March and still this kind of stuff happens. I really don't understand why guys... why is this so hard? I STILL know I'm an idiot...

Gorotsuki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2011, 10:51:25 pm
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2010, 04:48:29 am »
Easy solution.
Prophylactic + Prostitute.

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:15 am »
I'm going to see her tomorrow guys... I know I'm an idiot for not hearing any of you guys out. You guys have said some very good advice, you're more than just arcade nerds!!! Some of you are very supportive while others hmmm... well I'm going to see her tomorrow, talk to her in person. I really don't know why all of this is happening... It's been going on and off since March and still this kind of stuff happens. I really don't understand why guys... why is this so hard? I STILL know I'm an idiot...

Don't worry mate, most of us have been there. I promise you, when you meet someone else (and make an effort too, don't just sit around moping) it'll all become clear. You'll still never understand teh wimmings, but it won't hurt as much...

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:24 am »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Old, but not obsolete.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2010, 09:32:14 am »
I think we have found a worthy successor to USSE ...

RayB

• Offline Offline
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2010, 11:27:08 am »
Successful people think long term. You Newman, are thinking short term.
NO MORE!!

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2010, 11:56:35 am »
Since everyone's advice is being ignored, perhaps some reverse psychology will work?

Newman, you should totally get back together with her and ask her to marry you.  She will completely change once that happens and she will never freak out on you or randomly break down into tears for no apparent reason ever again.  Good luck!

Matthew Anderson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2020, 04:06:08 pm
  • What does that even mean?
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »
Dude !

You might as well hook back up with the girl and let her break your heart 3 or 4 more times.

This is classic logic versus emotion stuff

You KNOW in your mind this is a bad idea

BUT

You FEEL in your heart she is the one for you...

Trust me your mind is going to lose this one... it always does.. at least until you realize you can get by a day without her... then a week without her... then a month etc etc etc

But that is not going to happen as long as she wants to get in touch with you and can get in touch with you....

If it was me I would tell all my friends not to tell me that she wants to see me, and I would change my phone number... and I would get a new activity to do... for me it was cycling and Aikido

Best of luck!

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2010, 01:25:00 pm »
I miss the days when few people had cellphones and, because we were a minority, were more conscious of our manners.

Agreed, we got by just fine before cell phones on dates.  To me its pretty rude to answer a cell phone in the following scenarios:

- a date with spouse/partner. Notice the word date...going to Ikea doesn't count, answer the phone...taking partner/spouse to the movies or dinner? Hell no...voicemail that call.
- If with a client
- If at a job interview
- In a movie theater
- Driving

NOTE: When you do answer the phone, answer it in a normal everyday voice...not the IM TALKING SO LOUD SO EVERYONE IN THE  MALL CAN HEAR MY INTIMATE DETAILS VOICE ;)
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2010, 05:08:27 pm »
Newman, like most of the guys on here have mentioned, we have all been there one way or another, myself included. The chick that sort of did the same thing to me was SUPER hot too, yeah that made it hard(haha get it?) but still, youre obviously young, and there are other chicks. The hotness wears off too if the chick acts like a female dog. Dude, is she bi-polar or something? You made it seems like she cries at the drop of a hat. No man wants to handle a girl that cries incessantly. Thats no fun at all. Like you mentioned the point before, youre trying to FORGET her, but LEARN from her. LEARN what you DONT want... LEARN what NOT to do. When this happened to me I found myself doing what some of these fellow guys mentioned. CUT HER OFF COMPLETELY. I did. One of the best things I ever did. Guys and girls arent supposed to be friends unless they are banging each other. Seriously, end of story. Why the hell is your best friends GF calling YOU? Want to know how many times my best friends GF has called me before!? ZERO.

Also, keep busy. And CUT HER OFF. Dont be friends, and dont call her, erase her number, and forget about her in the sense of wanting to be with her. Find something to focus on that keeps your mind off of her. Me, I lifted weights and played my drums. Thats my stress reliever. Do something productive, and dont do something that you guys did together cause that will just remind you of her. Not only am I a better drummer, but Im in good shape as well. *flex*

Furthermore, man up. I know thats kind of a jerky thing to say, but cmon. The idea of a real man has diminished in todays society. John Wayne is probably rolling over in his grave with all the stuff that "men" today do. Act like this chick doesnt mean anything to you. But you cant just act, you have to believe it. Sometimes you gotta be what others might think to be a "jerk", not calling back, being TOO polite etc... You dont want a girl to walk all over you, thats a sad spectacle to witness, let anone be a victim of. Chicks dig guys with confidence, and you need to be confident. There are a bunch of things you can do to bolster your confidence, but Im not going to list them here.

And I know Im probably going to get flak for it from somebody....but jesus god man dont answer the damn phone when youre on a date!!! I dont care who it is!!! Not even if your grandma fell down the stairs! Whats more important, you going snorklin for clams, or your gradmas hip!?!? :dizzy:
Pictures are overrated anyway.

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:41 pm »
marry her and have her babies.. you will be a happy man  :applaud:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »
In the eternal words of the Godfather of Soul, "hit it and quit". ;)

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:28 pm »

I'll try.

hypernova

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

I'll try.

YES!  We're getting through to him!

Let's all live another single life vicariously through him.  (Or in my case, my first single life.)

hyiu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 02:57:57 am »
I would say let's post her pic here, and then we'll help you decide if she's good enough to go thru that
"hit it and quit" strategy...

lol.... ;D

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 11:57:57 am »
My advice, and I really mean this, is stop being a [kitty cat] (the autocensor for this word is too ambiguous).  Women aren't attracted to weakness.  When people tell you to man up and grow a pair it's not to tell you to go through life not caring, it's advice TO HELP YOU GET THE GIRL!!!
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »
A different girl though, cause man, she cries too damn much. Unless she is TOO fine, then ok, put up with it. For a little bit. Or tell her you will give her something to cry about! Not smacking her, idiot, Im talking about the poop shoot! HAHAHAHA!  :laugh2:
Pictures are overrated anyway.

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »
A different girl though, cause man, she cries too damn much. Unless she is TOO fine, then ok, put up with it. For a little bit. Or tell her you will give her something to cry about! Not smacking her, idiot, Im talking about the poop shoot! HAHAHAHA!  :laugh2:

Man you're right about the crying part... she cries a lot!   
I would say let's post her pic here, and then we'll help you decide if she's good enough to go thru that

lol.... ;D

I don't think stealing facebook photos of her and posting them here is not allowed... or is it???

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

Man you're right about the crying part... she cries a lot!   

lol.... ;D

I don't think stealing facebook photos of her and posting them here is not allowed... or is it???

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.... kthxbai.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Ed_McCarron

• Nothing worse than Picard issuing the self destruct order and the next thing you know it your apartment blows up.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2022, 02:33:39 pm
  • Get your mind out of the gutter. THIS is a dongle.
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

lol.... ;D

But wasn't it fun to think you won the lottery, just for a second there???

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 04:02:38 pm »
How I met Your Mother!!!!!!! I love that show!!

newman117

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10:32 am »
Well I don't think she feels anything for me so yeah she's a ---smurfette---! And you guys are awesome! And well... I guess it's time to actually forget...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:21:15 am by newman117 »