Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for help to figure out if coin door can be fixed.  (Read 1653 times)

battlecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 12:53:40 pm
Looking for help to figure out if coin door can be fixed.
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:36:32 pm »
Hi all:

I have a coin door on my old generic cabinet. I rescued this cab from the fires of a scrap heap and have just MAME'ed it since there was nothing left in it and there was only fragments of old paint.

What I would like help doing is figuring out if I should refurbish or buy new/used off eBay. If I bought new/used what are the going prices like? in other words how much should I go up to for a working average coin door?

If you suggest going the refurbish route what parts do I need to get as this door looks pretty dead to me.

Thanks in advance!
Battlecat

Dr Zero

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 06:06:43 pm
  • Sunny Florida North
    • Drzero.org
Re: Looking for help to figure out if coin door can be fixed.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:18:17 pm »
Doesnt look too bad, just needs to be cleaned up and painted maybe soda blasted if its really thick.

Then just add a couple of these and be done
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=295&zenid=9005605e2d1867ea7842d7a54464edd1

Unless you really want to go the route of adding coing mechs and the likes.
Manuals and info on Dynamo cabs!

saleem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
Re: Looking for help to figure out if coin door can be fixed.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »
theres no coin mechs or anything on it,so if you are wanting to run mechs and lights and it will have to be wired to the cab it might be cheaper to just buy an whole intact with all the gibbins door off ebay.its just a case of what options are there and which are realistic,ok shotblasting and respraying that,it will be nice door i am sure for it but,then you go spending more monies on the parts for the door for coin mechs etc.

if its cheaper or the same to get another door wiuth all the bits attached then that makes more sense.

if you just want the door to stick on the cab for looks then just get it shotblasted (or similar) and prime and spray it.
 :)