Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mounting a 19' LCD monitor?  (Read 2978 times)

endrien

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2010, 08:33:36 pm
Mounting a 19' LCD monitor?
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:12:51 am »
I'm trying to figure out how to mount my 19' ASUS monitor in a defender cab. The cabs old monitor was the same size, the monitor died and so did the gameboard(which wasn't defender, it was a bootleg black dragon) so I figured I would put Mame in it. Problem is I can't seem to figure out how I'm going to mount the LCD. With the LCD stand it is too high,  without it, it is too low. So I'm thinking I need to suspend it using some type of metal bar/rod that would connect to both sides of the cab and to the back of the monitor, holding it up in place. What do you think?

Pics:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:39:20 pm by endrien »

WhereEaglesDare

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
Re: Mounting a 19' LCD monitor?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:46:59 am »
if you open the case for the monitor does it have mounting brackets on the corners?

milkit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 09:14:33 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:51:12 pm »
in every system i build, i put a 1x6 across the monitor area and drill holes where the 4 vesa screws are then just screw the monitor in to that board and voila

endrien

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 04:37:33 pm »
in every system i build, i put a 1x6 across the monitor area and drill holes where the 4 vesa screws are then just screw the monitor in to that board and voila
I'm not knowledgeable with woodworking, how would I mount the 1x6+monitor?
I also added pictures to my main post.
When I had the monitor open I didn't notice any mounting brackets

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:30:35 pm »
measure the inside of the cabinet, wall to wall.  goto Lowes and say I need a 1x6 cut to that length and some #8 2 inch wood screws and a dill bit for those screws, they will know what you need.

Also, you see the 4 screw holes on the back of your monitor?  you need to find machine screws, again at Lowes, that will fit those holes, get them in two inch and handful of washers for those bolts. 

Screw the 1x6 to the inside of your cabinet to the beams that the bezel sits on.  then drill holes in the wood, for the mounting holes on the back of the monitor then mount the monitor and voila.

Be sure to drill pilot holes in before you put any bolts or screws in any wood.

endrien

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 11:05:22 pm »
measure the inside of the cabinet, wall to wall.  goto Lowes and say I need a 1x6 cut to that length and some #8 2 inch wood screws and a dill bit for those screws, they will know what you need.

Also, you see the 4 screw holes on the back of your monitor?  you need to find machine screws, again at Lowes, that will fit those holes, get them in two inch and handful of washers for those bolts. 

Screw the 1x6 to the inside of your cabinet to the beams that the bezel sits on.  then drill holes in the wood, for the mounting holes on the back of the monitor then mount the monitor and voila.

Be sure to drill pilot holes in before you put any bolts or screws in any wood.

So you mean something like this?

Would the monitor fit between the board and the bezel?

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:37:40 pm »
Yes your monitor is mounted with the 6 x 1 on the back via vesa mounting screws.  The bezel mount in front of your monitor.