Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade AND epsxe!! - sound problem  (Read 5948 times)

Nintendo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2010, 04:20:43 pm
Maximus Arcade AND epsxe!! - sound problem
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:32 am »
Hi, could someone please help me? I have maximus arcade and epsxe. epsxe emulates ps1 very well. When I use it, I get sound and music and visuals.

The problem is -
When I run epsxe inside maximus arcade, the sound *like sound effects*- and visuals work, but not the music. and when the pause button is hit, loud! static noise/music is then played *and it wont stop* and i would like to know if i am doing something wrong. everything works perfect outside of maximus, but inside, the music emulated in epsxe is not working. I have downloaded the latest version of max arcade and epsxe. please help me, and thank you very much.

game in question is all of the twisted metal games which were made into .iso with isobuster
-
Thanks in advance  :burgerking:

Nintendo

• Offline Offline
Re: Maximus Arcade AND epsxe!! - sound problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:02:19 pm »
 I tried - and put it like you said, to the HIDDEN state..... Still no luck, which is not good considering everytime you hit pause and resume game you get ear bleeding loud static and no music still  :hissy: Thanks again

- ???

Nintendo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:20:43 pm »
Well, at least everything else , like the super nintendo, sega, nintendo, intellivision and nintendo64 work perfectly. I like to play them more anyway as those are the things I grew up with. Its more of a nostalgic theme to this arcade anyway. Ps1 was not really a big deal. Ps1 Only has a Few games worth playing anyway, Twisted Metal lol. Since it won't sound right in max arcade, I will remove it from there and just play it through epsxe when I get the urge.
-But if you or anyone else has a suggestion, I will definitely try it out.

Thank you very much,

-Nintendo :burgerking:

methodical

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 07:31:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »
Try ePSXe version 1.6.0, I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Also, use this command line (in the configuration tab in MA):
-nogui -loadbin %file