Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best software/options for gutted rockola 453  (Read 3231 times)

jopat1504

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2014, 12:53:21 am
Best software/options for gutted rockola 453
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:45 am »
Hi all

I just got a gutted rockola 453 (in Australia) and am looking at options to digitalise it. Thinking of 2 options - 1. Is to put 19" LCD monitor in it to replace where it's displays the songs and run the existing buttons through an ipac but need software to be able to be the interface. Wincab might be beat bet for this one? 2. Making it into a touch screen but not 100% with this one as would need to redo the glass panel and make new one with whole for touch screen and new printed images for the glass.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

Cheers

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
Re: Best software/options for gutted rockola 453
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:05:48 pm »
Hi all

I just got a gutted rockola 453 (in Australia) and am looking at options to digitalise it. Thinking of 2 options - 1. Is to put 19" LCD monitor in it to replace where it's displays the songs and run the existing buttons through an ipac but need software to be able to be the interface. Wincab might be beat bet for this one? 2. Making it into a touch screen but not 100% with this one as would need to redo the glass panel and make new one with whole for touch screen and new printed images for the glass.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

Cheers

i love album player and you can use the buttons a - z to get to the corresponding artist , peter is looking now at basic button support ,  you can also use skjukebox as a singles jukebox im currently trialing some others if you find any really good ones then post back

ego

jopat1504

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2014, 12:53:21 am
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »
attached is pics of my jukebox.

issue is the jukebox has only numbers and not letters. numbers range from 0-9.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:30:05 pm »
attached is pics of my jukebox.

issue is the jukebox has only numbers and not letters. numbers range from 0-9.

then skjukebox will be the one as they are number selections

bushjc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2012, 06:47:15 am
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:48:37 am »
You can still use Wincab for this - I am in the process of doing the same thing to a ROWE R-89.  There is a setting that can be changed to allow for only numbers.  Then you will need to hack/create a skin to represent the number selections.  I have been running this setup on my laptop (temporarily) for a while now.  Works great!

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:48 am »
at the moment im trialing virtual jukebox nine and im pretty happy with it especially after i changed the font and colors for the songs artists i used a purple for album artist and a turquoise blue for song titles then down the bottom i used hot pink for song and artist playing and changed the font to arial i think then a softer pink for next song number in the middle and the same hot pink on next song qued  on the right it works really well and looks great