Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mednafen (Atari Lynx) FULL screen in Maximus Arcade  (Read 13929 times)

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Mednafen (Atari Lynx) FULL screen in Maximus Arcade
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:03:26 pm »
Originally posted by Nickynooch on the MA forums.

Good news!

mednafen-0.8.D works in full screen.  FYI I tried the 0.9 with no luck.  Doesn't seem to work well with lynx as 0.9 is currently a work in progress.

Make sure you have the right lynxboot.img.  I had to go through 2 bad ones before I got one that worked.  If you do not have it, or have a bad one, you will simply get a black screen when trying to run the games.

Pretty much follow the virtua boy tutorial except for lynx and you should be good.  Remember Mednafen requires lynxboot.img to run lynx games.

or here
http://maximizedemulation.wordpress.com/author/shateredsoul/

Also, in the youtube tutorial they say alt+ctrl+1 to configure controls.  That's a typo... it should be alt+shift+1.

Also, in the tutorial ignore these changes:
vb.anaglyph.preset disabled
vb.anaglyph.lcolor 0xff0000
vb.anaglyph.rcolor 0x000000
vb.disable_parallax 1
Those are, not necessary for lynx emulation.

In the mednafen.cfg change "lynx.stretch 0" to "lynx.stretch 1"

I set this up last week and should've written the tutorial then, I know I may have forgotten some stuff so if you have questions, please let me know and I'll try to help.

Randomness off the top of my head, but I'm stoked to have stretched full screen lynx games!  Hope this helps someone.
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Trebeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
Re: Mednafen (Atari Lynx) FULL screen in Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:29:43 pm »
Hey gents,

Just wanted to thank you guys on the MA forum for all the help!
I ran into an issue with mednafen and virtual boy emulation.  I followed the video but when I drag a ROM onto the .exe nothing happens.  I have version D and I'm going to go back and try the others.  Ever seen this issue?

Thanks