Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kortek KTN-1401 14" CRT CGA - connection help needed please  (Read 4841 times)

shrunkenmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2022, 10:17:33 am
I've just received a brand new Kortek KTN-1401 CRT CGA monitor. I've only ever used cased PC monitors/TVs before so I'm not sure where to go here.

I want to connect this to the MAME PC I have in my Tron Mini/Cabaret that I'm currently building.

I'm in the UK, so I'm operating on 240V with a three-prong plug (earth/live/neutral). The seller told me this was auto-switching for voltage - on the board where the power lead attaches it says 90-265v, so I presume this is OK for the UK. The power lead is a standard US two-prong affair - will I need to do anything here?

The monitor has six wires coming from a connector marked H V E B G R - I'm presuming this is Horizontal Sync / Vert Sync / Earth / Blue / Green / Red ?

I know I'll need an ArcadeVGA card or similar and will need to make up a suitable lead. Can anyone please advise of the best route here?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:00:49 pm by shrunkenmaster »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
Re: Kortek KTN-1401 14" CRT CGA - connection help needed please
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:17 pm »
should be fine on 230vac-just make sure you earth the frame
everything else you say is correct

shrunkenmaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:46:51 am »
just make sure you earth the frame

Thanks for the reply grantspain. Can anyone show me how to actually connect these six wires to an ArcadeVGA or equivalent then? And how to properly earth the frame?

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:41:20 am »
Ultimarc sell a VGA breakout cable that you can use to connect the AVGA to your monitor. 6th item down [here].

To ground the monitor I would use a standard 3 core cable. Connect the live/neutral to the monitor and then connect the earth to somewhere on the frame.

shrunkenmaster

• Offline Offline
Thanks Franco. Will grab one along with the AVGA. In the meantime I can work on mounting.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:58:56 pm by shrunkenmaster »