Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HyperSpace HD ver 2.0 by Spacegoogie  (Read 24003 times)

spacegoogie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2012, 02:53:32 pm
HyperSpace HD ver 2.0 by Spacegoogie
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »
Well guys, for those that were fallowing me on the MA forums you know what's going on. For those that don't sorry but there is just too much info to re-type.  You can also find info on my youtube page here: www.youtube.com/spacegoogie

I was looking for someone to test out the new HyperSpace HD theme/skin for MA before I released it, but someone said I should just release it and weed out the problems as they come. I really don't think there will be any problems with it though. So I will be uploading it soon, for those who have donated I will send you a link for the new HS HD as soon as it is uploaded. I hope  you guys like it because I have spent a lot of time on this theme/skin about 4 months.
 :cheers:

supported resolutions: 640x288, 640x480,1024x768, and 1280x1024
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:21:34 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
YouTube Channel: Arcades at home: http://www.youtube.com/spacegoogie

Alkis30

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2018, 07:14:46 am
Re: The Long Awaited HyperSpace HD ver 2.0
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:30:16 am »
Thats realy great news spacegoogie ! I´m sure that many people have been emailed you the same thing as I did 2 days ago ..I know that you have sacrificed a lot of your personal time for this project but something tells me that the revival of M.A. forums in BYOAC will be very good for your work ! Please email me the long waited link of ver. 2.0 when you can. I will test it in my bartop (at the res. of 1280x1024) and I will let you know about the results ! Thanks in advance !

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »
Upload it to the file repository section on BYOAC.  :)
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:07:50 pm »
Upload it to the file repository section on BYOAC.  :)

great idea!  :applaud:

Alkis30

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 06:07:01 am »
The news are very good guys ! The new HyperSpace HD ver 2.0 from the most talented M.A. skin creator Spacegoogie is ready to be uploaded ! I have seen it and enjoyed it and the only thing I can say is ouaaou ! ver 2.0 has skins for ALL platforms-emulators M.A. supports !!!! Feel free to take a sneak preview in my video . This is very hard work and a lot of talent has been put in this project. I think that the man deserves to donate him because he gave life to M.A. and made our lovely cabs look fantastic ! Keep going on Spacegoogie M.A. community needs your talent !

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
Re: HyperSpace HD ver 2.0 by Spacegoogie
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:18 am »
As Homer Simpson would say..........Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.................

Must have theme....please upload to file repository.... :cheers:

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 05:59:37 pm »
To get it you have to contact spacegoogie at arcadeplayer1@yahoo.com

Is it free? or is he selling it?

death69inc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2016, 05:54:33 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 01:40:49 am »
Looks great havent decided on a theme yet $5 wouldnt be bad if i did decide on this one
I love the intro
....still havent decided on max or hyper to tell the truth
getting files now to test them out
Always looking for nintendo and capcom arcade pcbs and marquees etc

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:32:42 am »
I've tried emailing him to get a copy but have had no response.  Anyone generally how long it takes him to respond?

Alkis30

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:26 pm »
Guys the theme makes M.A. look unbelievable !!! Your cabinets will not look as before again... Whoever wants it have to donate at least $5 ( https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=8MZ4VFCJH33BC&lc=US&item_name=Spacegoogie%27s%20Themes&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted ) but in my opinion the theme worth a lot more than just $5 . We have to encourage such efforts. We need the talent of these people like Spacegoogie.

spacegoogie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 07:13:08 pm »
Hey Guys, Sorry I have been busy. As some as you know I just moved to WA from CA about two weeks ago. I'm trying to get things going here, and I have a lot to get going. Anyways Alkis30 is correct, When I receive a donation conformation I will then email you the link to download HS HD Ver.2.0 and the unlock key. I normally get the link and unlock key to you with in 24-48 hours after the donation has been made.  :cheers:
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:18 pm »
Just tried it out and my only complaint so far is it doesn't support 800x600 resolution while in the FE itself.  I have my desktop setup on 800x600 resolution because it's the best for functioning in windows (monitor is a 27" tv).  Right now HS FE doesn't fill out screen?  In game there are no issues. 

Any chance adding that resolution? 

Thanks

spacegoogie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 04:20:32 pm »
Well guys, for those that were fallowing me on the MA forums you know what's going on. For those that don't sorry but there is just too much info to retype.  You can also find info on my youtube page here: www.youtube.com/spacegoogie

I was looking for someone to test out the new HyperSpace HD theme/skin for MA before I released it, but someone said I should just release it and weed out the problems as they come. I really don't think there will be any problems with it though. So I will be uploading it soon, for those who have donated I will send you a link for the new HS HD as soon as it is uploaded. I hope  you guys like it because I have spent a lot of time on this theme/skin about 4 months.
 :cheers:

supported resolutions: 640x288, 640x480,1024x768, and 1280x1024

As you can see the 800x600 is not one of the supported resolution. I will see what I can do. One of the reasons it takes so long to create these themes is because I have to put each screen together for each resolution. So if I need to make one for 800x600 I will have to rework every emulator and screen in MA, but give me some time and I will get it done.
I should have done this when I started but didn't.... :cheers:

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 08:26:34 pm »
Well silly me, all I had to do was change my desktop resolution to 1024x768 and everything is working great.

My only question would be is it possible to change the Daphne/Mame .png on the emulator select screen?  I have ones I would like to swap out for the ones currently used.  However this is a minor request and it certainly won't keep me from using it over anything else.

All in all very nice.  :cheers:    

Alkis30

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 03:35:02 pm »
I cant get enough of M.A. since I started using HyperSpace HD ver 2.0. Spacegoogie has an amazing talent and he spends a lot of time to make these themes. We all have to contribute with donations to his work in order to give him some motive to continue writing themes for an already "dead" frontend. It is the only way to give some more life in M.A. Keep up with the themes Spacegoogie !

Gryzor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2012, 02:25:36 am
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 12:31:50 pm »
Last night I sent him my donation and he did send me the link - however, how do you use this? It doesn't have the dir structure of normal themes, so... what do you do with it???

Cheers
Gryzor

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 09:06:26 pm »
I have a good idea that I was too lazy to see all the way through..

If you conver avi files to swf files you can substitute any image with them.   I was trying to replace the console images with videos , you might actually be able to do both if you don't care if the name of the system to shows.

There wsa this one strange thing that I came across though, the mame video I converted would make this weird noise at the beginning after being converted.  It didn't happen for any other videos, just the mame one. But it looked pretty nice.   

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:31 pm »
Last night I sent him my donation and he did send me the link - however, how do you use this? It doesn't have the dir structure of normal themes, so... what do you do with it???

Cheers
Gryzor

Extract the files from the RAR with the PW provided by Spacegoogie and put the zip that you get into the skins directory in Maximus Arcade FE.   Do not extract the files from the zip.   You can then use ctrl P to set your skin to Hyperspace HD 2.0 instead of the Maximus skin that you are using.   Go into interface and change the interface theme.

Remember to delete all pointers in your emulator configs to marquees.

Sent my donation today and got the info for download and PW the same day.   It looks great.   :applaud: :applaud:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:24:28 am by BobA »

xXMiner49ErzXx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2010, 10:04:18 am
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:48 pm »
Well I Donated to spacegoogie, I didnt wait long at all for the Hyperspace HD Theme either, man its an awsome theme its well worth the 5 bucks, Id Highly recomemd this theme, we did my dontation at 3:00pm that day, and we went out to dinner that night, and when we came back the link to the Hyperspace HD theme was in my email hehe got the unlock code too.. Congrats on a awsome theme Spaceboogy, hehe. I love it.. thanks again had to let my thoughts on the forums about this theme. :)

xXMiner49ErzXx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2010, 10:04:18 am
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 08:09:20 pm »
The news are very good guys ! The new HyperSpace HD ver 2.0 from the most talented M.A. skin creator Spacegoogie is ready to be uploaded ! I have seen it and enjoyed it and the only thing I can say is ouaaou ! ver 2.0 has skins for ALL platforms-emulators M.A. supports !!!! Feel free to take a sneak preview in my video . This is very hard work and a lot of talent has been put in this project. I think that the man deserves to donate him because he gave life to M.A. and made our lovely cabs look fantastic ! Keep going on Spacegoogie M.A. community needs your talent !

Hey I like your background music i was wondering if i could have a copy of that music for my theme I think its an awsome tune, if ya can can ya mail it to me? Or send me a download link to the music?

nuzzosono

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2011, 09:41:46 am
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:54 am »
I think that the version 640x288 have a bug (I wrote to Spacegoogie in his blog).

After the 4th game, the flaming bar is still in delay of one game.

If you want to run the 7th game the bar will be on the 6th.

Can someone confirm?

Bye bye.

p.s. the version 640x480 works without bugs.

nuzzosono

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2011, 09:41:46 am
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:54 am »
I think that this post: http://maximusarcade.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2062&p=8277&hilit=4th#p8277

explain better my problem, it seems is a font size issue.

spacegoogie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »
Sorry guys, Right now I have know way of testing or fixing anything. Is more than one person(s) having this issue?
All someone has to do is load up my skin/theme and probably just change the font size. It  might be another month or so before I can even test this issue.
Hang in there guys........

ehauk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2014, 09:56:37 am
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 10:52:55 am »
I emailed Spacegoogie a few days ago asking about 800x600 support with no response. I'm still thinking about donating for a copy of the theme, but if I don't get a response from my earlier message I don't want to send money and not get the password. Has this gone in to the public domain? If so, can I get a copy so I can modify it for 800x600? If not, has anyone donated and received the password recently?