Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New cabinet build named... 'ehukai !  (Read 35969 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 05:35:40 pm
Re: New cabinet build named... 'ehukai !
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2021, 12:53:47 pm »
What a cool looking game room!  Cab is coming out nice - that monitor is going to look great.   :cheers:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2021, 01:06:00 pm »
It has a real "candy" cabinet vibe that I wasn't getting from the construction pictures.  I really love how that turned out.   :cheers:
Really? The first thing I thought of was candy cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2021, 03:46:28 pm »
It has a real "candy" cabinet vibe that I wasn't getting from the construction pictures.  I really love how that turned out.   :cheers:

TBH I thought it was a bartop until I saw the picture of it against the driving cabinet.  It looked smaller to me in the build pics.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:58:47 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2021, 12:00:07 am »
She ain't small for sure!

And thank you all for the compliments and encouragement- cause she ain't quite done yet.

Monitor is a 27" crt for reference.
I wanted it to be something two adults could comfortably sit at and not have neck issues from viewing angle and not necessarily have to be swapping forearm sweat.

Mike A was the first to (justifyably!) comment on her Rubenesque dimensions.

Further proving my noobness (in spite of being 50) I had no idea what a candy cab was until I saw opt2not's recent Sega Aero City restore (which is amazing for any who haven't seen it.)

TBH I thought it was a bartop until I saw the picture of it against the driving cabinet.  It looked smaller to me in the build pics.

I'll get a bartop happening at some point!
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2021, 04:37:58 am »
That design looks boss for a sit down.And like the driving cab next to it,fit into that shaped room perfect. :applaud:

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:29:49 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2021, 05:58:54 am »
Can you draw up a diagram or flowchart or something that explains your CP layout?

I am befuddled.

Nice start to your arcade room.

bobbyb13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2021, 10:34:04 pm »
Can you draw up a diagram or flowchart or something that explains your CP layout?

I am befuddled.

Nice start to your arcade room.

Sorry this took me a bit.  Chaotic week.
And please forgive how crude it is.  I haven't used any similar software in a very long time-

BobbyFrankenPanel

This is what happens when pretty much every time you actually get a chance to turn on the machine you want to play some Pac-Man variant, Missile Command, Tempest, Defender/Stargate, Centipede, DK, Crystal Castles, Frogger, Xevious...

The chaos of this is now a moot point since I got the JRok multi Williams fired up and I'm ready to build a cabinet for that- so I get to rethink this panel once again.
I was going to be pulling the thing apart to swap out/in the switches I like most for those sticks anyway, so now I get to cut another panel and do it again for more than one reason at least.

Of course as I move forward I'll be able to start trimming down the control schemes on all the machines, as I hope to see the Arcade Loft have 3 cabinets in addition to the twin Rush 2049 ones when all is said and done there.
And I will always have the Cocktail-ish cab in the dining area in the house.

Looking forward to the chance to streamline now that I have a bit more of a clue what the hell I am doing with these things.

And thank you!
I'm stoked on how the arcade is stacking up too.  Will be fun to have people of like mind get to visit and critique.

A lot of work ahead to achieve the vision- but at least it is fun to learn and progress.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2021, 03:41:33 pm »
Just wanted to say, I had no idea this existed up until I happened upon my name in this thread during a search for one of my old projects...

This thing looks awesome! Glad my project could provide some inspiration!

bobbyb13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2021, 07:03:36 pm »
Just wanted to say, I had no idea this existed up until I happened upon my name in this thread during a search for one of my old projects...

Seeing as you're cool with it, I'm glad you found it!

Showing how out of it I have been for decades, I had no idea what a candy cab was to begin with and although I had an inkling of something I wanted I couldn't quite envision it- until I saw your build.

So thank you!  :cheers:

Hopefully soon I can get back to working on this one.
Next is control panel redesign and remake and then some PC wranglin-
Too many distractions recently!

And that one of yours is still one of my faves.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am »

Seeing as you're cool with it, I'm glad you found it!

Showing how out of it I have been for decades, I had no idea what a candy cab was to begin with and although I had an inkling of something I wanted I couldn't quite envision it- until I saw your build.

So thank you!  :cheers:

Hopefully soon I can get back to working on this one.
Next is control panel redesign and remake and then some PC wranglin-
Too many distractions recently!

And that one of yours is still one of my faves.

Thanks man, I absolutely love what you did here. Good luck with the rest of the project.