Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ok seasoned veterans, help me out.  (Read 4101 times)

omnivorism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2010, 12:32:04 pm
ok seasoned veterans, help me out.
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:43:19 pm »
ok, I'm back.

I don't spend a lot of time on this forum,  In fact, I think it might be only my second time posting, but I'm sure like many of you, this arcade project is a never ending battle and requires more than just casual hobby time, but obsession to see it to the end.

I'm making great progress, but I have new snags.

1. Mess is seriously confusing.  I am trying to use it for 5200, 7800, and colecovision.

2. I can't seem to get my background artwork images to load, such as
the backdrops for Frogs or warrior. I have downloaded them for about 20 games, and they don't show up. At first I thought these were called "samples" and went in the sample folder in mame, but I guess this space is for audio files. So I have them under "artwork" but they dont work.

3. Famicom disk system. I can get the bios to load, but it tells me battery error something or other. I read that in the console version this has to do with a power source not being plugged in, and in an emulator it may be a bad rom. I have tried it with more than one though. (via Nestopia)

3. I am pretty confused about some of the iso game formats, as that they are often different, can someone recommend a simple program to make them all converted to a simple and consistent format that works? I am refering to Dreamcast and Ps1 games mostly. Both emulatiors work in maximus arcade for me. but  some file types are confusing. Should they just stay rar'd?

4. making batch files and the use of command lines seriously confuse me. I understand how to make short cuts to pc games and move them and get them to run in the "batch file" (Maximus arcade) group, but  i don't understand when or why i need to create them otherwise

My system

Dell Optiplex gx270
Pentium 4  2.8 Ghz
500 Gig hardrive
Nvidia 6200 video card
2 gigs Ram
+Plans to keep my hardrive and update to a dual core with better video card eventually

Systems I have emulated sucessfully so far:
Atari 2600
Commedore 64
Nes
Mastersystem
Genesis
Game Gear
Super Nintendo
N64
PS1
Game boy
Nintendo DS
Dreamcast
Wonderswan
Neo Geo Pocket
Lynx
Mame
Zinc
*Future Pinball
Mp3 Jukebox (Winamp)

Still Struggling with:
3do
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Colecovision
Saturn
Daphne

* ive had no luck with ps2 or gamecube even though I know my system wont run it at playable fps

omnivorism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2010, 12:32:04 pm
Re: ok seasoned veterans, help me out.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:59:29 pm »
i guess i forgot Jaguar and turbo grafx, i have these working, but only somewhat with Jag.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:36:46 pm »
I'm chiming in on the Colecovision emulation...

After a LONG search I've finally discovered one that works perfect at full screen.  Blue MSX.  Give that one a shot.

Good luck!

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:19 pm »
Also, there is a utility built into Maximus (2.10) that creates batch files for you.  It's in the Game List tab in preferences.  Just point and click.  :)

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: